PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Skyline

aceyx
05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
A buddy of mine has 6 early-90s Skylines (RHD) that have to leave the US in about 45 days. Customs won't even allow him to part them out.

If anybody knows someone interested, or better yet, a car broker, please PM me.

pnosker
05-29-2007, 11:27 PM
How much?

They HAVE to go? Even if someone US Based buys them?

kelso
05-30-2007, 12:00 AM
if customs wont allow them, why are you trying to sell them? he doesnt have a choice does he?

318iS
05-30-2007, 12:23 AM
A buddy of mine has 6 early-90s Skylines (RHD) that have to leave the US in about 45 days. Customs won't even allow him to part them out.

If anybody knows someone interested, or better yet, a car broker, please PM me.

thats a load of crap...

i taught you guys were allowed to import skylines ? ? ?

cant your buddy just pay the duty as normal ?

out of interest what skylines are they ?

Viper3812
05-30-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm gonna guess R32?

aceyx
05-30-2007, 02:32 AM
The back story on the cars is somewhat sketchy. My guess is they were imported illegally, so they're now blacklisted by US Customs according to their VIN (bought at one of their auctions). Not allowed to go to Canada or Mexico either.

If they're not sold, they get crushed, and the guy loses his money.

Two are R34s. That's all I really know (not big on skylines myself).

Bam2002
05-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Then move them to track cars.. racing only.. Or move them to canada then work on bringing them back in.

kelso
05-30-2007, 03:18 AM
seriously...they can be used as track only cars, not street legal...or list as show cars, same thing really... i dont understand why they are being crushed or taken away

AlaskaBlue
05-30-2007, 03:19 AM
If I understand this correctly a person living in the US on here would not be able to buy one right?

aceyx
05-30-2007, 07:03 AM
They MUST leave the North American continent (every part, down to the change between the seats). US Customs made that clear to him.

A US buyer could potentially buy them (I'm not sure of the stipulations) but they then would be responsible for getting the car out of North America.

Listen, I'm not too sure about the details since I'm doing this favor for a friend. If anyone is really interested in helping him out, send me a PM.

campaiar
05-30-2007, 03:37 PM
So this is directed to the non-US members of the forum.

96cali
05-30-2007, 03:41 PM
I think it's directed at anyone who might somehow help his friend.

S-O-S ! Save Our Skylines :tongue:

Just a thought, try calling some race tracks and spread the word. Six skylines would make nice track school cars, 'cept for the the whole left hand shift thing.:rolleyes:

aceyx
05-30-2007, 06:05 PM
So this is directed to the non-US members of the forum.
That's why it's cross-posted in the Australia/New Zealand and Europe forums (a few of the RHD countries). I'd do it in the Asian section (Japan), but that'd just be silly.

318iS
05-30-2007, 09:53 PM
The back story on the cars is somewhat sketchy. My guess is they were imported illegally, so they're now blacklisted by US Customs according to their VIN (bought at one of their auctions). Not allowed to go to Canada or Mexico either.

If they're not sold, they get crushed, and the guy loses his money.

Two are R34s. That's all I really know (not big on skylines myself).

theyre r32s....

R34 start in 1998.....

anyway if they are cheap (i mean cheap) i might know some people that are interested....

but i need more info like what skyline as in gts, gtr, etc....

also mileage, pics exact years and most importantly price.....

SDKmann
06-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Call Road America, those poor guys only have Toyota Solaras over there. I feel so bad for 'em. Why cant they go to Canada or Mexico? U.S. customs cant tell him that he cant take his cars to a country they have no control. Id have him call Mexican and Canadian customs just to make sure.