PDA

View Full Version : Hiop system?

Zacki
06-11-2007, 05:48 AM
The hiop Supercharger System kit? is it still for sale? where i can find it/ info about it on the net.

Viper3812
06-11-2007, 09:00 AM
There is a thread about it here somewhere, but I think it is for sale only in the UK along with their ITB setup.

jonchino
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I contacted hiop about a year ago, they stop making it. I found a used one last year.. oh well.

EarthwormJim
06-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I contacted hiop about a year ago, they stop making it. I found a used one last year.. oh well.

Did you ever dyno yours? Always wondered how it compared to the DASC.

96cali
06-13-2007, 03:33 AM
according to his sig he does not have them in, but hell yah I'm curious now. Is this made for the M44 or do you have to adapt it yourself somehow?

96cali
06-13-2007, 03:39 AM
Found this on a google search from a bf.c thread in 2005:

I'm selling my 318 HIOP twinscrew liquid-intercooled (aftercooled) supercharger system. This is a true and real twinscrew system. This system runs 0.6 Bar (8.5 PSI). Since this is a twinscrew, it builds a lot of power really fast down low. This system is rated at 220bph & 205lb/ft torque. Everything you need from HIOP is included. The actual twinscrew supercharger maxes out at 24psi in case you want to increase your boost a little, but the boost is regulated by a bypass valve, which is more like a wastegate. This twinscrew is more efficient than a turbo system, runs cooler, costs less, and installs and maintains much easier. The rest of your 318 can be completely stock, with the only component changed is the intake manifold. I still ran the stock airbox and stock exhaust manifold. Actually, aside from the HIOP supercharger system and a Sebring exhaust, the 318 made M3 power being otherwise entirely stock. You'll can probably wring more hp out of this with higher boost (which can be done with a boost controller tapping the bypass/wastegate), or with more mods like a K&N cone intake or other items.

original thread:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-390625.html