PDA

View Full Version : Special calendar added

1996 328ti
07-05-2007, 04:16 AM
I've added a calendar.
Click on new event.
It will create a new thread and you can RSVP to it.

Caution: If you change the date you will loose the RSVPs by design.
I may add this to all the regional sections.

It still is a bit buggy while I learn what else is needed.

1996 328ti
07-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Damn. No one noticed the New Event button next to new thread.

HuGo
07-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Damn. No one noticed the New Event button next to new thread.

I did notice. Thanks. But i dont know how to use it. And you mentioned that once you change something it messes up or something.

What is rsvp?

cooljess76
07-08-2007, 11:56 PM
I like it. We'll have to try it out for the August meet, but lets not do it yet because people will get confused and not show up on July 14th. Our list for July is shrinking every day!

lazoh
07-09-2007, 12:09 AM
What is rsvp?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It means reservations.

HuGo
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I thought so. So why the P?

cooljess76
07-09-2007, 12:18 AM
"P" stands for please. We should make a legal disclaimer so the calendar is a binding contract and if you back out at the last minute then you lose your car.

1996 328ti
07-09-2007, 12:57 AM
I did notice. Thanks. But i dont know how to use it. And you mentioned that once you change something it messes up or something.

What is rsvp?If you delete the event it deletes the thread of people attending. This is because why have a list of attendees for an event that has been changed. RSVP is who will be attending.

What RSVP Means

The term R.S.V.P. comes from the French expression "répondez s'il vous plaît", meaning "please respond". If R.S.V.P. is written on an invitation it means the invited guest must tell the host whether or not they plan to attend the party. It does not mean to respond only if you're coming, and it does not mean respond only if you're not coming (the expression "regrets only" is reserved for that instance). It means the host needs a definite head count for the planned event, and needs it by the date specified on the invitation.