PDA

View Full Version : intake problems

jeff318
07-07-2007, 03:08 AM
i just put a cosmo racing cold air intake in my 97 ti. the mass air flow doesnt fit well when you put the belt on it to connect the intake. the stock mass flow on a 4 cy car is usually not big but they sent me a hose that looked like it was for a 330 or somehthing wit a bigger mass flow. so i taped the inside of it to give it some more space coverage and its acting real bad still. the car has no power and vibrates alot. my buddie of mine n me are going to fix asap but i figured id post it so people know what they got coming to them if they messs things up like i did.

Marv17
07-07-2007, 03:38 AM
Hey jeff. When i got my cosmo intake the other week, the tubing didnt fit my mass air glow either, it was too big, but i found this rubber spacer and inserted that in the cosmo tube and tightened it. mine works no problems, no abnormal sounds or vibrations. i even got the 3.5" evo one. (shouldve gotten the regular 3" one) But sounds great.

ATF
07-07-2007, 04:02 AM
You're talking about the coupling sleeve? Mine was slightly bigger than the MAF, but the hose clamp that comes with it tightened it right up.

Marv17
07-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Yeah thats what i did. and its been working fine ever since i installed it. So jeff i dont think you should have a problem.

Variance
07-07-2007, 06:10 AM
IIRC, the Cosmo intake is meant more for the early cars, which utilize an AFM system vs. the MAF system in the later cars. This could explain why it doesn't fit well.

Bobbak
07-07-2007, 10:46 AM
can you guys link the one you guys bought im thinking about buyign one as well thanks :0

ATF
07-07-2007, 02:16 PM
I've got the Short Ram Intake (SRI), 3" (not the evo pipe). cosmoracing.com

If I can recommend a new one for you though, I should've just spend the extra money and gotten a Cosmosracing one. And buy the Snowcharger water protection cover from K&N. Still not sure if the Cosmosracing intake is 6-cyl only, did anyone find out?