PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP!!

HuGo
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok now im freaking nervous!!!!!

Ok this isnt socal 318ti related at all, but i feel like i need t let you guys know.

Anyway, 2-3 weeks ago, i was messing around. Well not really. But i sent in my application for the CHP. Technically, i wasnt suppose to turn it in until like december. But i decided to send it in a little earlier because i know the process will take forever! Technically i have to be 20 1/2 to actually go to the academy. I just turned 20, so i turned in the application a little early. But i did it because i know the process could take up to 6 months anyways. This came SOOOONER than i thought. I thought id be seeing this letter like in October.

ANYWAY, i go outside to get the mail and i got a letter :eek:
This is what it says................

We are pleased to report your application for Cadet, California Highway Patrol (CHP), has been accepted as of 7/6/07. Additional information will be sent to you approximately 10 days prior to the written examination.

The following dates are provided for your information:
Written Test: 8-4-07
Physical Ability Test: 8-25-07
Psychological Written: 8-26-07
Qualification Appraisal Panel Interviews begin the week of: 8-27-07

As you continue in the selection process, you are reminded of the following minimun qualifications:

Vision- If eyeglasses or hard contact lenses are worn, uncorected vision must be no less than 20/40 in each eye and corrected to 20/20 in each eye. Applicants who have successfully worn soft contact lenses for the past 12 months are not required to meet an uncorrected standard as long as their corrected vision is 20/20 in each eye. Normal color vision is required, as assessed by the Farnsworth-Munsell D-15 test.

Personal Conduct - Prior to your oral interview, you will be asked to disclose all arrests, convictions, and traffic citations as well as your use of any drugs. Recent illegal use of any drug can result in disqualification from the selection process. Having a recent DUI conviction may also result in Disqualification.

Background Investigation - Prior to appointment, the personal history of every applicant will be thoroughly investigated, with the areas of investigation including education, employment, finances, military record, residences, motor vehicle operations, arrests and convictions. Each applicant will be required to undergo a truth verifcation interview using computer voice stress analysis. Providing inaccurate or incomplete information during any phase of the selection process is grounds for disqualification.

I dont know what to do now. I decided to continue going to college and pursue a degree in Criminal Justice so that i can become an FBI Agent. I was thinking about this yesterday and i decided i wanted to be an FBI Agent also. So now i dont know if i want to be a CHP or go to school 3-4 years to get a degree then wait for a LOOOONG process for the FBI Agent.

M3_KILL3R
07-13-2007, 01:58 AM
damn man congrats!!! which has more money in it in the long run?? dont think short term thats never a good option. which will benefit you in about 20 years? thats the path that you should go with.

HuGo
07-13-2007, 06:02 AM
damn man congrats!!! which has more money in it in the long run?? dont think short term thats never a good option. which will benefit you in about 20 years? thats the path that you should go with.

Well just say the two out loud. CHP and FBI. Which one sounds hardcore? FBI, you need a bachelors to get in. CHP just a HS diploma. FBI is more government involved. I bet the FBI gets some crazy ass benefits. Im sure that after a few years, the FBI can make over 100k. There's also an FBI Rescue Team, which i would love to be in.

lazoh
07-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Well just say the two out loud. CHP and FBI. Which one sounds hardcore? FBI, you need a bachelors to get in. CHP just a HS diploma. FBI is more government involved. I bet the FBI gets some crazy ass benefits. Im sure that after a few years, the FBI can make over 100k. There's also an FBI Rescue Team, which i would love to be in.

I suggest that you get your bachelors first, an education will get you to $100K and even more!!!! I quick buck with the CHP is good but not ideal, just my $0.02 and good luck!!!!

pnosker
07-13-2007, 02:02 PM
A lot of police groups (Idk about the CHP) will pay for continuing education (like 1 semester paid per year) so you could take night classes and still become an FBI agent. Also, a lot of FBI agents come from other law enforcement after they show their potential.

youngnikolai
07-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Hey Hugo,

Don't even think about money. Thery're both solid careers I'm sure. Nothing can beat a college education though, and it's not just what you learn in class. It's the social experience that's invaluable. If you can, get out of town and go to college somewhere totally different. Challenge yourself, get to know yourself, do your best and have a great time. It won't close any doors, the CHP will always be open to you.

All the best,

Nick