PDA

View Full Version : 325is transmission

robcarync
07-13-2007, 04:58 PM
i found a 1995 bmw 325is being parted out...engine and manual transmission and linkages and stuff

will it fit my 1995 ti? i checked realoem.com and the part numbers for the manual tranny on the ti are off by one digit for the 325is manual transmission....but i read on here that all e36 trannys will fit.

or is that just e36 4 cylinder manual transmission?

hopefully i could jump on this deal and get a 5 spd swap...and an M50 engine swap too! thatd be cool!

he wants 2000 for engine and transmission but hopefully if i buy almost all of the swap parts i can work a good deal with him. or something.

Bluebimma
07-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Hopefully you can get most of the swap parts for that price. The 318 and 325 use the same tranny, so it will bolt up to your ti, engine and tranny.

campaiar
07-13-2007, 06:29 PM
You'll need a bunch of stuff from that car to transplant both.... TRUST ME. Do plenty of research so you not short parts.

robcarync
07-13-2007, 08:25 PM
thats what i would assume...that to transplant both would be a huge pain with a lot of parts...i noticed you had the exact same swap and sent you a PM with a few questions

but i dont know if i am ready for the undertaking of swaping an engine and a transmission...i might just try and get the tranny swap parts and be content with my 4 cylinders for now.

i dont have a computer at the moment (just get to check at work every so often...dont have time to do full research right now) but i will be doing a lot of research before i do anything regarding a swap...