PDA

View Full Version : Code 1222

tiebar
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I get the CEL intermittently. When I check for the error code, I get 1222. The CEL will come on during acceleration sometimes and then go off when letting off the gas between shifts most of the time (90%). Sometimes the light comes on after a minute or so at constant cruising speed. If I coast briefly, the light will go off most of the time.
Sometimes the light will not come on at all for a week or two. Other times it will be on intermittently for a few weeks. During one of these periods my MPG will go down from a 'normal' 31 MPG to like 24 MPG.
All the while, the car runs great, with performance seeming unaffected by these CEL episodes. My type of driving is a consistant mix of mainly stop-and-go with about 30% 80+ MPH freeway. The changable Michigan weather also doesn't seem to be a factor.
I have been reading other posts on this issue and I haven't seen any that describe the above situation. Any and all comments and theories are greatly appreciated.
My car is a '95 stock ti, 136k mi.

ald0725AIM
05-19-2016, 09:11 PM
I get the CEL intermittently. When I check for the error code, I get 1222. The CEL will come on during acceleration sometimes and then go off when letting off the gas between shifts most of the time (90%). Sometimes the light comes on after a minute or so at constant cruising speed. If I coast briefly, the light will go off most of the time.
Sometimes the light will not come on at all for a week or two. Other times it will be on intermittently for a few weeks. During one of these periods my MPG will go down from a 'normal' 31 MPG to like 24 MPG.
All the while, the car runs great, with performance seeming unaffected by these CEL episodes. My type of driving is a consistant mix of mainly stop-and-go with about 30% 80+ MPH freeway. The changable Michigan weather also doesn't seem to be a factor.
I have been reading other posts on this issue and I haven't seen any that describe the above situation. Any and all comments and theories are greatly appreciated.
My car is a '95 stock ti, 136k mi.
I have exactly the same problem. How did you resolve this problem?