PDA

View Full Version : Need a set of pads and rotors!!!!

KOMPACTKID
07-19-2007, 07:21 PM
its abouut time got some new pads and rotors for my 98 TI, one looks like its cracked and there squeaking.
im wanting to spend about £300 for front and back pads and rotors(street driving)! i know theres loads of threads on here but i just want a straight answer.

what rotors should i get? :confused:
what pads should i get? :confused:

also what size diameter rotors do i get? i have stock calipers.
ive noticed they vary in sizes,would that mean different size calipers???

please help me with a straight answer.

thanks for your time if you reply.

ps. i am not a mechanic

cheers.

momorugger
07-19-2007, 07:29 PM
my 99 M sport has 11.3" diameter rotors. I'd recommend using an OEM rotor, as slotted and drilled reduce the amount of rotor the pad can grab, and also reduce the integrity of the rotors. Just did the swap w/ Brembo OEMs and EBC green Stuff pads. Apart from the fact that I introduced air into my lines, Everything is awesome.

Watchmyradical
07-19-2007, 08:03 PM
i have hawk pads and UUC SS brake lines on my ti and my mothers 330 zhp and couldn't be happier. as well as UUC rotors. the only thing is the ceramic pads can be noise if not set properly, just follow the directions and they should be good to go. also if you us the ceramic pads on used rotors they while squeak.

KOMPACTKID
07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
thanks for the reply and straight answer!!

i was originally looking at the brembos but was gonna go with hawk hps pads. being an oem part i should not have to touch my calipers then? arethey the same diameter front and back?

any links to where the cheapest place to get them??

many thanks.

momorugger
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM
bmw-parts-direct.com has OEM stuff for cheap.

mohaughn
07-24-2007, 04:15 AM
I just bought some pads today from raceshopper.com. I didn't do a lowest price comparison, but they were much cheaper than the BMW specific aftermarket dealers and he had ti rear hp+ in stock, and ht10s in stock for my wilwood fsl calipers. Shipped same day so I have them for this weekend. Pretty good service.

oakley
07-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Ebc turbo grooved and dimpled with ebc greenstuff pads...Iv used ebc on all my bmw's and they've always been awesome...Ebc will be introducing the disc that fit the 318ti within the next few weeks (they already have em i the states) oem sizes for the uk are:
front: 286 x 22
rear: 272 x 10

Might change i spose if u dont have vented fronts as above are for my Ti with vents

2ndBimmer
07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Ive been getting some steering shimmy while braking recently, so I just ordered a set of EBC Ultimax rotors (vented) and Redstuff pads.

http://www.carjunky.com/partstore/buy.php?make_text=bmw&model_text=328_series&ml=328-i-001&year=1997&part_name=brake_disc&brand_name=ebc&make_code=BM

I'll let you know how they are. :wink:
Hopefully as awesome as my Porterfields were. (Again, warped rotors :mad:)