PDA

View Full Version : 3.73 e30 LSD, what else do I need?

DustenT
08-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I just picked up a 3.73 LSD out of a 1990 325ic. Do I need flanges and 1/2 shafts too? I don't need to replace the cover do I?

Does $50 seem fair for a 3.73 diff?

DustenT
08-17-2007, 03:16 AM
I just picked up a 3.73 LSD out of a 1990 325ic. Do I need flanges and 1/2 shafts too? I don't need to replace the cover do I?

Does $50 seem fair for a 3.73 diff?

Thanks Hugo for the PM pointing me to the search button. Maybe your PM privileges need to be revoked too? Please don't PM me anymore, I'm not looking for any help from you. :blowme:

There seems to be some confusion as to what actually works on the 3.73 diff, I spoke with Cali-Ti earlier today and he said he had some issues installing his, like a bad axle or too short of an axle by the sound of it. I forgot to ask him if he swapped out the cover or not.

I'm planning on replacing the axles/flanges together, they need to be beefed up for my future plans :twisted:, but I'm just curious if it can be installed safely NOW with the small case 3.45 flanges and axles?

Where is the FAQ for this? :tongue: I'll work on putting one together once I get this straightened out.

M3_KILL3R
08-17-2007, 03:57 AM
ey bro not to sound rude or anything but really ive read this same question about a 10210290192 times .....just go search it bratha... btw whats up with all the run-on sentences? the link you sent me for firefox isnt doing the trick?

lazoh
08-17-2007, 04:38 AM
Thanks Hugo for the PM pointing me to the search button. Maybe your PM privileges need to be revoked too? Please don't PM me anymore, I'm not looking for any help from you. :blowme:

PMs are ment to be private, I suggest that you keep it that way please!

HuGo has improved his ways and by you making a comment like this one it takes us back to square one. Whatever beef you got with him please handle it outside this post which by the way is your own. Thank you for your consideration on this and please PM me if you need to discuss any further.
Thank you!

marleymon
08-17-2007, 04:49 AM
ey bro not to sound rude or anything but really ive read this same question about a 10210290192 times .....just go search it bratha... btw whats up with all the run-on sentences? the link you sent me for firefox isnt doing the trick?

pointless post

PMs are ment to be private, I suggest that you keep it that way please!

HuGo has improved his ways and by you making a comment like this one it takes us back to square one. Whatever beef you got with him please handle it outside this post which by the way is your own. Thank you for your consideration on this and please PM me if you need to discuss any further.
Thank you!

and yet another...pointless post...answers nothing to Dustin's original question...and I don't see a pm violation...

roadrash
08-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Where is the FAQ for this? :tongue: I'll work on putting one together once I get this straightened out.
My proofreading and editing services are at your disposal once you get the FAQ put together. :cool:

lazoh
08-17-2007, 04:53 AM
pointless post

and yet another...pointless post...answers nothing to Dustin's original question...and I don't see a pm violation...

WOW! I guess what you posted was right to the point of DustenT's question ha?? Lead by example!

M3_KILL3R
08-17-2007, 05:03 AM
WOW! I guess what you posted was right to the point of DustenT's question ha?? Lead by example!

i agree and one question why are you getting yourself involved in anything any ways? no offense to yourself my man i mean i got nothing against anyone i simply stated in the beginning that i was not trying to be rude. just simply showed him to the search. Which he has done countless times to others. Hey Dusten i know hugo did a lot of research to see what parts he needs for his LSD if you want you can ask him he probably will know...:smile:

marleymon
08-17-2007, 05:11 AM
Lead by example!
I don't have too... I didn't comment in this post off topic.... We don't need the cali team to chime in everytime hugo's name comes up....if Dustin does not want to hear from Hugo, that's ok....we don't need to hear how good a guy he is in person, etc. (I'm sure he's really cool in person).....

M3_KILL3R
08-17-2007, 05:15 AM
dude ...i also agree with you past is the past. But sometimes i think people just need a taste of their own medicine thats all. The fact that he threw Hugo's name into the post when there absolutely no need to is to me uncalled for. Were not "chiming" but being unable to post i find the need to stand up or help out a friend...just as now you are backing up your friend Dusten.

lazoh
08-17-2007, 05:17 AM
I don't have too... I didn't comment in this post off topic.... We don't need the cali team to chime in everytime hugo's name comes up....if Dustin does not want to hear from Hugo, that's ok....we don't need to hear how good a guy he is in person, etc. (I'm sure he's really cool in person).....

I'm dropping this since its taking the focus off of DustenT's original question but the comment was not called for!

M3_KILL3R
08-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Same here there is no point in ruining someones post ....i wouldn't appreciate that so i dont think Dusten would also. On the flange issue im pretty sure you need a new set plus the 1/2 shafts need to be replaced with e30 ones. Getting a good lsd is the easy part finding good condition 1/2 shafts are the hard part.

DustenT
08-17-2007, 12:52 PM
On the flange issue im pretty sure you need a new set plus the 1/2 shafts need to be replaced with e30 ones. Getting a good lsd is the easy part finding good condition 1/2 shafts are the hard part.

So after all this drama....still nobody has an intelligent answer for me. I'm not going to trust anything that starts with "I'm pretty sure". Again, the question is: Can I take the 3.45 small case flanges and half shafts and use them on the 3.73 diff? I'll be replacing them eventually but I'd like to install the diff NOW if possible.

Regarding the previous posts...This is the technical section of the forum, let's keep it technical. The reason I called out Hugo was because he PM'd me in an effort to "get back at me", not to help me. If there was a post that answered my question do you really think I would have posted the question? Come on guys. If you don't have anything valuable to contribute don't post in the technical sections, Steven has created a special kiddie section for you guys to play in.

I'm closing this thread, I'll ask my questions elsewhere. PM me if you have something intelligent to add to this discussion.

http://www.tonyskansascity.com/tonyskansascity/internetfight.jpg