PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a Group Buy?

Pages : [1] 2

gimp
08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
A friend of mine has a small parts business and he's a Eibach vendor. Is there any interest in a sway bar package group buy from him? Prices would certainly be under what any other place retails a set for. Eibach doesn't list a "set" for the ti on their site, but we have the parts numbers and can make one.

I'm working on getting a solid price, but I'm just curious to see who is interested.

Mods - if this is a no, no, just let me know.

Thanks!

Update -

I just spoke to my buddy and I have a price/details.

First off, his name is Chookeat and he runs LudicrouSpeed. (http://www.ludicrouspeed.com - the website is still under construction. I'm the web master and I just started a new job, so I haven't been working on it)

If three (3) people are interested, he can get the Eibach Sway Bar Kit, part number 2044.320 for $290 shipped to your door (lower 48 states only - Contact Chookeat for other shipping locations).

From what I can tell, that's $40 less than the cheapest other place I can find before shipping.

I'm not in on the buy, since I only need the front bar (and it's already ordered through him).

He has 4 or 5 sets ready to be delivered, so you can have these pretty quickly if you act now. There are more coming at the end of the month, so there is no close on the group buy. If three or more people are in right now, the first order goes out.

Payment is by credit card.

I'll put up a purchase link later tonight, but post in this thread if you are in.

You can message him over AIM - IM name LudicrouSpd

Thanks guys!

BUY NOW (http://www.ludicrouspeed.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LS&Product_Code=EIB-2044-320GB&Category_Code=)

DustenT
08-21-2007, 02:58 PM
A friend of mine has a small parts business and he's a Eibach vendor. Is there any interest in a sway bar package group buy from him? Prices would certainly be under what any other place retails a set for. Eibach doesn't list a "set" for the ti on their site, but we have the parts numbers and can make one.

I'm working on getting a solid price, but I'm just curious to see who is interested.

Mods - if this is a no, no, just let me know.

Thanks!

Interested.

96cali
08-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Possibly interested in springs. They are available in Europe for the Ti but they stopped regular imports to the US. I can get the part numbers off an old thread here.

gimp
08-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Give me the part numbers and I'll see what I can do.

bullmand
08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
The part number for the Anti-Roll Kit (swaybars) that they used to sell was 2044.320. I might be interested depending on the price.

PettitWC
08-21-2007, 06:03 PM
I might be interested depending on the price.

same here!!

gimp
08-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Updated information. Looks like we are good.

JedzE36/5
08-21-2007, 09:36 PM
interested as well.

what are the diameters for these bars and do these bars come with new sway bar bracket bushings?

will price drop with more guaranteed buyers?

gimp
08-21-2007, 09:38 PM
The front and rear bars are adjustable:

The front is 28mm and the rear is 19mm. The kit includes all hardware and bushings.

I'm not sure on the price drop for more guaranteed, but I will find out tonight for you guys. He was trying to go as low as possible, but I'm sure I can beat him up for a little more. ;)

JedzE36/5
08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
good deal. give him a big push. :)

PettitWC
08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
i'm good for it but of course even cheaper is never a bad thing

gimp
08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
How many people, right now, are 99% sure they are in? If I can show a good number, I have a better case to get lower.

JedzE36/5
08-22-2007, 12:01 AM
i am in.

PettitWC
08-22-2007, 02:01 AM
i am for sure

robcarync
08-22-2007, 02:55 AM
interested but cant commit quite yet...

does anyone know how difficult it is to install them...ive done a search and i cant find my bentley manual right now (just moved from SC up to raleigh for school....its somewhere im sure...) not looking for step by step instructions....but it is a do it yourself project right? im pretty handy when working on the car so i think i can do it...

and is there anything that needs reinforced by running larger sways...i ask because in my searching i found a comment form jim

One thing is for sure, if you run a rear sway bar, the mount on the trailing arms MUST be reinforced.

i dont want to pick up a sway kit and have to go to work replacing other things...im not heavily tracking my car or anything....just autocrossing every once in a while

what exactly is the performance like....i know it 'increases' handling.....and i read one comment that just said the car handled amazing or something like that....not too specfic...

i mean i realize a larger bar will tighten it up and flex less and all that good stuff...just curious about the specfics...trying to make sure itd be worth my money for the kit

anyway....as long as the kit includes everything to install and i wont have to upgrade other parts to use the kit....then id say im 99% in

gimp
08-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Here is the link to buy with the special group buy price. (http://www.ludicrouspeed.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LS&Product_Code=EIB-2044-320GB&Category_Code=)

He said that this is the best he can do right now since there are only 4 or 5 in stock, but if he can get 10 orders in the next 30 days the price could come down a little. He needs to double check with his suppliers.

Don't hesitate, grab them up now!

Danny318
08-22-2007, 03:12 AM
Hey! Isnt the front bar the same for regular 318's? (non ti) I am looking for a 28mm front bar, so if there is any way I could just get the front bar, I would be interested. If someone gets one and wants to sell it to me, that would be cool too...

Storz
08-22-2007, 03:21 AM
Interested

gimp
08-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Hey! Isnt the front bar the same for regular 318's? (non ti) I am looking for a 28mm front bar, so if there is any way I could just get the front bar, I would be interested. If someone gets one and wants to sell it to me, that would be cool too...

I thought the bar was the same, but it does have a different part number. The H&R bars are a different part number from the regular e36 too.

I'm sure he can do something on the front bar, but it would be best to contact him directly - try AIM LudicrouSpd

gimp
08-22-2007, 03:41 AM
interested but cant commit quite yet...

does anyone know how difficult it is to install them...ive done a search and i cant find my bentley manual right now (just moved from SC up to raleigh for school....its somewhere im sure...) not looking for step by step instructions....but it is a do it yourself project right? im pretty handy when working on the car so i think i can do it...

and is there anything that needs reinforced by running larger sways...i ask because in my searching i found a comment form jim

i dont want to pick up a sway kit and have to go to work replacing other things...im not heavily tracking my car or anything....just autocrossing every once in a while

what exactly is the performance like....i know it 'increases' handling.....and i read one comment that just said the car handled amazing or something like that....not too specfic...

i mean i realize a larger bar will tighten it up and flex less and all that good stuff...just curious about the specfics...trying to make sure itd be worth my money for the kit

anyway....as long as the kit includes everything to install and i wont have to upgrade other parts to use the kit....then id say im 99% in

Sway bars aren't that hard to install. You can do it in the driveway with jack stands and hand tools. I've done it on a couple different cars without much difficulty.

Sway bars work as a traverse spring. They only have an effect when the wheels move independently. When one wheel is pushed up, the other one is forced the other direction. EDIT - That was wrong. Very sorry.

The main application for a sway bar is to reduce body roll. This reduction in roll keeps a more consistent camber curve and keeps the tire in better contact with the road. In addition, a stiffer rear bar, or overall stiffer rear bias will get rid of some of the car's tendency to understeer, or push.

As far as needing reinforcements. I've read up a lot on this, and I am pretty certain that you will be okay without them. I know tracked e36s need the reinforcement, but I haven't seen anything definitive yet on cars with the e30 rear setup.

I *think* a normal driver and occasional autocrosser would be okay without, but if you were building a serious track car I would consider sourcing reinforcements (then again, I'd do that on any serious track car).

roadrash
08-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Sway bars work as a traverse spring. They only have an effect when the wheels move independently. When one wheel is pushed up, the other one is forced the other direction.

Are you sure about that? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sway_bar)

I've always understood that sway bars work by doing the opposite of what you described. I.e., in a turn, the upwards pressure applied to the outside wheel (by centrifugal force) is also transferred to the inside wheel, also forcing it upwards.

If, as you stated, the upward force applied to the outer wheel caused the inside wheel to move down... body roll would increase... wouldn't it? Or am I misunderstanding something??

JMJ

roadrash
08-22-2007, 04:00 AM
BTW... sorry to bring up "suspension theory" in a "group buy" thread. Feel free to start a discussion in the appropriate forum.

And to get this thread back on topic... I just checked Pelican, and their price for a set of Sport sway bars is about $303. That doesn't include shipping or any of the attaching hardware. So, $290 shipped for bars and misc. attaching hardware bits is a pretty good deal... assuming that you want stiffer sways than what's on a Sport.

gimp
08-22-2007, 04:03 AM
Are you sure about that? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sway_bar)

I've always understood that sway bars work by doing the opposite of what you described. I.e., in a turn, the upwards pressure applied to the outside wheel (by centrifugal force) is also transferred to the inside wheel, also forcing it upwards.

If, as you stated, the upward force applied to the outer wheel caused the inside wheel to move down... body roll would increase... wouldn't it? Or am I misunderstanding something??

JMJ

You are very right... I'm sorry... I feel like a bit of an ass, but it's been a long day. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking... LOL

roadrash
08-22-2007, 04:11 AM
heh heh... no worries, and no need to feel like an ass!

Thanks for arranging a group buy... I just wish I could justify taking advantage of it right now. But, alas... I'm saving up for other things right now. :joy:

96cali
08-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Give me the part numbers and I'll see what I can do.

Part # for Pro-Kit springs: E2044-140

From German Eibach website:
http://www.eibach.de/index_2.php?LID1=14&LID2=136&LID3=0&LID4=0&MODL=3er%20E36%20(3/C)%20Compact3-series%20E36%20(3/C)%20Compact&SPA=1&C_lang=en&STEP_2=1&STEP=1&STEP_3=1&HRST=BMW&STARTLIST=1

robcarync
08-22-2007, 06:41 AM
thanks for the answers...looks like i will probalby order a kit, but i will decide for sure tomorrrow

gimp
08-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Sorry guys, but I hadn't even thought about how international this board really is.

The price of $290 shipped is only for the lower 48 States. Those of you outside of there still get a deal, but the shipping may be a little more. Instant Message Chookeat (LudicrouSpd) on AIM if you need a different quote.

JedzE36/5
08-22-2007, 03:12 PM
about the mount reinforcements...

turner sells reinforcment kits for the front and rear. basically they are plates that you would have someone weld on to the subframe. if you arent a full race car then you could probably forget the front reinforcements for now. i would get the rear reinforcements though. several Tis and MZ3s around here have cracking issues even though they are just occassional autocrossers. The MZ3s using with stock bars and the Tis with aftermarket. the cost of the reinforcements is really small in comparisson to having to repair frame damage later.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TSU3075305

im not too sure if we would use this:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TSU3075308

JedzE36/5
08-22-2007, 03:14 PM
ok I am buying definetely but will not be able to buy until next Thursday.

gimp
08-22-2007, 03:39 PM

turner sells reinforcment kits for the front and rear. basically they are plates that you would have someone weld on to the subframe. if you arent a full race car then you could probably forget the front reinforcements for now. i would get the rear reinforcements though. several Tis and MZ3s around here have cracking issues even though they are just occassional autocrossers. The MZ3s using with stock bars and the Tis with aftermarket. the cost of the reinforcements is really small in comparisson to having to repair frame damage later.

I think that's pretty rock solid advice.

The second link to the Turner stuff looks really nice (and easy for anyone to install). I will email them to see if they work on the ti.

mohaughn
08-22-2007, 04:33 PM
The second ones do not work on the Ti. Ireland Engineering originally designed those for the E30. I talked to Jeff Ireland about that type of bushing reinforcement and he said that because the "trunk" floor of the Ti is so different from that of the E30 that it would not fit.

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=ireland&BusType=BtoC&Count1=350307643&Count2=267448067&CategoryID=3&Target=products.asp

I've not heard of anybody with a Ti ripping the rear sway bar at the bushing mount. The usual failure is at the mounting tabs on the trailing arm. I would not go bigger than an m-tech rear sway bar without reinforcing those trailing arm tabs.

PettitWC
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Awesome advice man, thanks for the links!

JedzE36/5
08-22-2007, 09:05 PM
The second ones do not work on the Ti. Ireland Engineering originally designed those for the E30. I talked to Jeff Ireland about that type of bushing reinforcement and he said that because the "trunk" floor of the Ti is so different from that of the E30 that it would not fit.

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=ireland&BusType=BtoC&Count1=350307643&Count2=267448067&CategoryID=3&Target=products.asp

I've not heard of anybody with a Ti ripping the rear sway bar at the bushing mount. The usual failure is at the mounting tabs on the trailing arm. I would not go bigger than an m-tech rear sway bar without reinforcing those trailing arm tabs.

thanks for that info! come to think of it, i dont know of anyone that has torn the area around the mount either, just the tabs (1st link).

the only person i know to have tear in the metal was my buddy kyle who has a built S52 and was running a 3.73 LSD consistently on the track. the tear formed near the diff mounting bracket. totally off subject of the sway bars but something else to look at in the realm of reinforcement for our 'old' cars.

robcarync
08-23-2007, 03:09 AM
ahh man i was ready to order them now but now i gotta think about the risks....i dont have the money to reinforce them, even if its small compared to a damaged frame.

has anyone ordered them yet?

PettitWC
08-23-2007, 05:16 AM
how much should i expect to pay to get the supports welded on?

JedzE36/5
08-23-2007, 05:20 PM
if anything, sways for our car are hard to find. if you cant afford the reinforcement yet, i would get the sways and store them.

the welding should not cost alot at all. not sure until i do it but shouldnt be bad at all. if you know how to weld, you also should be able to rent a welder. just look at the phone book.

PettitWC
08-23-2007, 08:29 PM
the welding should not cost alot at all. not sure until i do it but shouldnt be bad at all. if you know how to weld, you also should be able to rent a welder. just look at the phone book.

awesome, i'm not lucky enough to know how to weld so i'll just ask at the bmw shop

gimp
08-23-2007, 08:53 PM
awesome, i'm not lucky enough to know how to weld so i'll just ask at the bmw shop

I would go to an exhaust shop instead. Most are great welders and will do it far cheaper than a BMW shop. I've been quoted 5 bucks a weld before.

PettitWC
08-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Just ordered mine!!

I would go to an exhaust shop instead. Most are great welders and will do it far cheaper than a BMW shop. I've been quoted 5 bucks a weld before.

good deal. it has a pdf of instructions so i guess it would be tough to mess up.

JedzE36/5
08-24-2007, 01:02 AM
yea muffler shop would be best. hell some shops will do it for freesince it is so mundane.

DustenT
08-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Have anyone ordered?

Anyone gotten it delivered?

PettitWC
08-24-2007, 02:48 AM
i ordered just today. i'll report when i get them in

Have anyone ordered?

Anyone gotten it delivered?

gimp
08-24-2007, 03:38 AM
Only two more people need to order and they get shipped. Hurry up so I can get my order too!

DustenT
08-24-2007, 03:40 AM
Only two more people need to order and they get shipped. Hurry up so I can get my order too!

Oh, you guys are holding shipment until you get enough orders?

JedzE36/5
08-24-2007, 05:05 AM
oh crap really? well hell. ill order mine tomorrow.

gimp
08-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Oh, you guys are holding shipment until you get enough orders?

The first order is a minimum three (that's how we are getting the price break). In the event that we don't get enough people, you will get a full refund. No worries.

Viper3812
08-24-2007, 05:41 AM
I am in on this too, but need another week or 2. I would have been able to buy this now, but just bought an s50 crank and rods for my project. Great price by the way. Lets try and get 10 people for this so maybe we can get a lower price.

JedzE36/5
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
i went ahead and bought mine early this morning. ship em out!

JedzE36/5
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
how many have ordered so far?

8ball
08-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Let me check my car and i may be in.

Viper3812
08-24-2007, 09:27 PM
how many have ordered so far?

I'm guessing 2

JedzE36/5
08-25-2007, 01:54 AM
dangit one more needed. anyone?

LudicrouSpeed
08-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Hello everyone!

MODS (and everyone else as well): I hate having this pseudo-sales as my introduction thread, but I just wanted to register to say thanks for the two who have ordered so far. I will gladly field any questions anyone has regarding this particular GB, but I'll summarize first and hopefully catch everything. I met Gimp three years ago (neighbors) and we've become good friends. I've known him when he had a Hyundai Accent which he turboed (which would piss all over my WRX at the autocrosses), an SRT4, and finally his 318ti. I give it 2 years before he's drooling over something else. :biggrin: Gimp is always looking to save a few bucks (aren't we all?), and frequently asks me about setting up group buys.

My name is Chookeat, and I am the owner/gm for Ludicrous Speed, a MD based online retailer of aftermarket performance parts & accessories. If any of you are in the Mid Atlantic, you may catch me at Philly SCCA or Autocrossers Inc events at Ripken Stadium. I currently have an 05 WRX Wagon with some light mods to keep it legal for STX, but have considered using the wife's Forester XT - just have to decide upon a setup for DS or STU...plus she wants a quieter exhaust since she's now an executive. Hah!

I am also an advisor/sponsor for College Park Tuning (http://www.collegeparktuning.com), the University of Maryland's car club. If any of you are in the DC Metro area, you may have caught CPT's last two annual charity meets which are quickly growing in size (last year, over $5000 was raised/donated to a local charity - and the entry was only $1 or a canned food item).

Now to answer a few questions about the GB:

The minimum order for this GB is three people - I am not asking for 5, 10, or 20 as is the case with other group buys I have seen. Once I get the third order, my distributor will start shipping. In order to secure this price, I need to get the orders in at least batches of three - I understand not everyone likes to wait around for others, so I will gladly refund if anyone is unwilling to wait for others. There are currently only 4 confirmed sets in Eibach inventory, but hardware to complete additional sets is expected by the end of the month. These are not counterfeits, knockoffs, etc - they will ship direct from Eibach.

My definition of GB is not the same as that used by many other vendors - the parts do not have to be identical in order for me to secure good pricing for my customers. This means in addition to this swaybar GB, I am willing to tack on other parts as well. One member has IM'd me about getting the front sway only (EIB 2021.310). This part normally goes for about $185, but I can tack it onto this GB for $165. Once again, the 3 order minimum for the swaybar set applies in order to secure additional discount prices.

Some of you have expressed concerns about breaking mounts when going to larger sways - unless you plan to regularly track the car hard, I would not worry about it on a DD. This generalized advice obviously does not apply to everyone.

I think that's about it - feel free to contact me on AIM or email if you have any questions!

JedzE36/5
08-25-2007, 03:23 AM
thanks for posting chookeat!

LudicrouSpeed
08-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Not a problem! I hope I was able to answer a few questions, but fire away if I missed anything!

96cali
08-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Welcome to the forum! You sound like a stand up guy and a good businessman to have around. Hope we can get some business for you.:smile:

If you see my post a while back I am interested in a set of 318ti pro-kit springs but apparently they are not regularly imported. Any chance you could call your source and see if these can be imported and for what price? I bet if you became a source you'd have a few customers.

LudicrouSpeed
08-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks!

I have been following this thread for awhile and Gimp was kind enough to act as the middleman as far as communication has been concerned. Unfortunately, the prokit was listed as discontinued (as far as Eibach USA is concerned), and I am unable to source those. In the meantime, I have been looking not only for the parts people have been asking about, but also alternatives in my product lines. The "ti" is a difficult car to find bits and pieces - I keep finding stuff for the "i" and "is" and am unsure if the parts would fit correctly.

However, I am looking around for a few more distributors to round out my product line, as one of my major go-to guys has stopped carrying some of the Euro brands I was interested in. We'll see what happens in a few months.

96cali
08-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Ok thanks for checking. I may put in a call to Eibach USA and inquire about resuming the imports or call upon a friend in Germany.

JedzE36/5
08-25-2007, 04:27 PM
that is what sucks about the ti. any E36 front suspension part will work with our car. and any E30 rear suspension part will work with our car. when i did my swap i had to buy a set of of M3 race springs for the front and 318ti race springs for the rear. now i have M3 rear springs and 318ti front springs that are just taking up space.

8ball
08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
There ya go I ordered the 3rd set. Hope to see these soon.

PettitWC
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM
There ya go I ordered the 3rd set. Hope to see these soon.

awesome!!! thanks man!

LudicrouSpeed
08-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I will be contacting my distributor around noon on Monday (they are in Cali, so there's a time zone difference). In addition to those 3 swaybar sets, I am adding two front bars (one for Gimp, and the other for X3DFX). If there's anything else people want to add on to this shipment, let me know ASAP (ie, before noon Monday).

Nice doing business with you guys!

Viper3812
08-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Let you know as in send payment by noon or tell u to order and I can send payment after noon tomorrow or the day after? Reason to why I am asking is that I would like a set, but am waiting on a refund to clear through to my account and would be using that for payment.

JedzE36/5
08-27-2007, 04:09 AM
sweet action! the ball is rolling.

LudicrouSpeed
08-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Let you know as in send payment by noon or tell u to order and I can send payment after noon tomorrow or the day after? Reason to why I am asking is that I would like a set, but am waiting on a refund to clear through to my account and would be using that for payment.

I plan to order these NLT 1pm EST this afternoon. My California distributor generally has to go through the morning startup ritual (email, etc) and I respect them enough to let them get situated before bombarding them with 8000 part numbers. :) Having said that - if you can order before 1pm EST, I will have your set ship at the same time. Otherwise, we'll need to wait for two more people. The only way I was guaranteed a price low enough to make your price possible was with the caveat that I order at least 3 sets at a time.

Either way, I will post here once the order has been submitted, so feel free to order up until you see my post!

Viper3812
08-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I just got back from class and funds are still not in so I guess I'll wait for the next order. Thank you.

LudicrouSpeed
08-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Ordered. I'll supply tracking numbers as soon as they are given to me. Thanks again, and hope there's plenty more to come.

LudicrouSpeed
08-27-2007, 08:26 PM
BTW, I preordered an extra 2021.310 (28mm front sway) for the person who requested it even though no confirmed order was placed. I'll throw up a link later tonight if anyone is interested.

JedzE36/5
08-28-2007, 04:20 AM
good stuff. thanks for this GB again. its nice to see someone who wants to help out compact owners.

PettitWC
08-28-2007, 04:54 AM
yeah definitely, awesome deal

LudicrouSpeed
08-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Just a quick update. I am still waiting on tracking numbers from Eibach, but didn't want anyone to think I cut and run with a wallet full of cash. Hopefully I will have tracking numbers today or tomorrow.

On the plus side, this gives you an extra day or two to arrange for an install day. :)

JedzE36/5
08-29-2007, 10:09 PM
no prob. did they give you an estimated shipping date?

LudicrouSpeed
08-30-2007, 02:05 PM
No ETA on shipping. Basically, I sent the order to my distributor who then contacts Eibach. Once Eibach ships and then sends tracking information to my distributor, I will then forward it to those who ordered. I am going to call in a few hours to followup, but I don't anticipate this taking more than a few days to get to you guys.

Viper3812
08-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Anyone else going to get a sway bar set? I'm ready, but waiting till 2 more jump in.

JedzE36/5
08-30-2007, 11:39 PM
i have told some people about the gb. hopefully more people bite.

robcarync
08-30-2007, 11:50 PM
i was going to be decided i didnt have the funds at the moment because i have some more maintaince i need to take care of. just letting everyone know since i wasnt sure what i was going to do

Viper3812
08-31-2007, 12:25 AM
I was the same right when it started, but I had to get a new alternator so that put me back. I am ready now for the 2nd group cause I returned the HID's that I bought. If anyone else is interested or knows someone please post.

LudicrouSpeed
08-31-2007, 01:16 AM
I have tracking numbers! Check your email within the next few minutes.

For those of you considering ordering this kit, please wait until I can confirm that Eibach has restocked the needed hardware. I don't want to make you guys wait around any longer than absolutely necessary.

Once again, thanks for the business! I will continue lurking around, and if anyone has need of anything else, please flash the LudicrouSpeed signal in the sky!

JedzE36/5
08-31-2007, 07:40 PM
woohoo mine will be here on Tuesday according to UPS. i wonder if they took into account the holiday.

JedzE36/5
09-05-2007, 02:42 PM
i got my sway bars yesterday and installed them in about an hour.

Thanks for setting this up! My car drives like my Mini Cooper S now... exactly what i was wanting. Disclaimer: it took H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Sports, Sway bars, X-Brace, and M3 LCABs to make the car finally handle the way I wanted it too!

Thanks again!!

LudicrouSpeed
09-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Wow, you wasted no time at all! Good deal! Gimp should be getting his bar tonight.

Thanks again for the business!

316i compact
09-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Can i join or it is too late?

JedzE36/5
09-05-2007, 10:06 PM
i think you just need 1 more. Viper3812 is interested too.

Viper3812
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
i think you just need 1 more. Viper3812 is interested too.

I'm still in and waiting, so we just need 1 more person.

Ludicrouspeed: Did you find out if Eibach has more sets?

Viper3812
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
i got my sway bars yesterday and installed them in about an hour.

Thanks for setting this up! My car drives like my Mini Cooper S now... exactly what i was wanting. Disclaimer: it took H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Sports, Sway bars, X-Brace, and M3 LCABs to make the car finally handle the way I wanted it too!

Thanks again!!

Nice setup. I'll be Bilstein sports, Bavauto springs, Sway bars, and then x-brace later on. Was the install easy? Did you do it yourself or have someone put them on?

316i compact
09-05-2007, 10:43 PM
If the shipping cost to Greece is in the price as well, i am in. If not, waiting for the shipping cost to Greece and you have the one person needed :)

Viper3812
09-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Actually you are number 2 and now we will need 1 more. I believe he said that the price listed is only for the states and to ask for international pricing.

LudicrouSpeed
09-06-2007, 02:59 AM
I'll give Eibach a ring tomorrow to check on the status of their hardware. I'm also waiting on my copy of the invoice so I can know actual shipping weight/cost. These things aren't exactly lightweight things to ship (coast to cost was $45), so I am fearing what it would cost to tack that onto international shipping. I'll still check the first chance I get though.

JedzE36/5
09-06-2007, 05:42 AM
i already threw the box away but i am pretty sure it said 25 lbs. that would be a good baseline.

i may hav a 3rd for the GB. one of the car club members is doing a swap right now and i told him now would be a great time to get the bars. i am pretty sure he will be in.

i did the install myself. it was pretty easy, although the Eibach instructions are pretty vague. i reused a lot of the hardware on the car but Eibach did supply new bushings, metal mounts, bolts, washers, and nuts. i didnt use all of the bolts, washers, or nuts but i figured that there would be extras b/c the kit is for the E30, 318ti, and the Z3. hell you arent working on your car correctly if you dont have left over hardware right? haha

Phamster
09-06-2007, 02:03 PM
100% I will get this when I get my swap done.

316i compact
09-06-2007, 02:09 PM
i already threw the box away but i am pretty sure it said 25 lbs. that would be a good baseline.

i may hav a 3rd for the GB. one of the car club members is doing a swap right now and i told him now would be a great time to get the bars. i am pretty sure he will be in.

i did the install myself. it was pretty easy, although the Eibach instructions are pretty vague. i reused a lot of the hardware on the car but Eibach did supply new bushings, metal mounts, bolts, washers, and nuts. i didnt use all of the bolts, washers, or nuts but i figured that there would be extras b/c the kit is for the E30, 318ti, and the Z3. hell you arent working on your car correctly if you dont have left over hardware right? haha

The kit is not for E30, only for the ti. It is not even listed for the Z3 in the Eibach catalogue, though it will fit

JedzE36/5
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
hmmm really? the label on the box and the installation instructions says E36 318/16ti, Z3 4 cylinder, Z3 6 cylinder, and E30.

LudicrouSpeed
09-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Hahahah - I just did a rough calculation at USPS.com. Sending this kit to Greece would cost $106. That's not including the $45 it would take to get to me. I'm going to guess that's not happening for you.

I still haven't gotten a reply from Eibach - I was told someone would get back to me. Go figure.

316i compact
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
So how much extra cost in total? 106 or 151?

LudicrouSpeed
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I would lean toward the $151, simply because I am unsure as to whether that is an accurate rate or not. It's just the estimate that USPS gave me online, and that estimate is only good online. It's more expensive if I have to go to the actual post office (which I would have to do). There *has* to be a cheaper method for you to get the bars locally.

I have no problem sending them to you if that is what you wish, but that's a steep price. Hmm...I wonder if my site will even accept foreign funds...

316i compact
09-07-2007, 09:48 PM
I could send the money from Paypal, but 150 is too much for shipping cost! Let me know if u find sth cheaper

LudicrouSpeed
09-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey guys,

Eibach has more in stock and are ready to go. Line 'em up! Remember, at least batches of three.

316i: I don't think it's going to get much cheaper than what I quoted you. FedEx wanted about $250-280 to ship to Athens from MD, USPS would be a minimum of $151, and I doubt UPS would be much different. I recommend finding a local shop in Europe that can get it for you.

JoeyBello
09-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I had Eibach sways on my Neon and I am pretty sure I paid less then that. Not sure what the neon bars cost vs the ti bars but i think I paid around 200$

JedzE36/5
09-10-2007, 08:54 PM
i usually see Eibach bars going for about $340ish. this is a good gb b/c it is getting harder and harder to find components for the Ti, especially suspension parts like sway bars.

316i compact
09-10-2007, 11:12 PM
The price is very good.Sorry guys but with 150$ shipping i can't be in.

Viper3812
09-11-2007, 12:22 AM
I had Eibach sways on my Neon and I am pretty sure I paid less then that. Not sure what the neon bars cost vs the ti bars but i think I paid around 200$

Dodge vs. BMW

Big difference in pricing for parts.

Viper3812
09-12-2007, 03:39 AM
Come on guys, I know there are 2 of you who want in, great price!

1. Viper3812

JedzE36/5
09-12-2007, 04:55 AM
ill talk to phamster.

Viper3812
09-13-2007, 05:51 AM
ill talk to phamster.

Cool.

Anyone interested at all even if you don't have enough money? I just got my bavauto mag today and saw that racing dynamics sway bars are $450 plus shipping!!!! $290 shipped kills that price.

LudicrouSpeed
09-13-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/ad/showoff.gif

Viper3812
09-17-2007, 02:17 AM
bump.

JedzE36/5
09-17-2007, 03:09 AM
i know y'all need some sway bars!

Viper3812
09-17-2007, 06:15 AM
i know y'all need some sway bars!

Thanks. How do you like yours so far?

Viper3812
09-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Zzzzz.......................

Viper3812
09-21-2007, 07:21 AM
bump

JedzE36/5
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
free bump

LudicrouSpeed
09-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey guys,

I don't want to leave Viper without his bars here. If you guys know of anything else you want to order, I can probably score him the same price as long as I have enough other stuff to tack onto that Eibach kit. Call it a mishmash group buy, if you will. Wipers? Wheels? PIAAs? AC Schnitzer body parts? Exhausts? Intakes? Neon, NOS, and parkbench spoilers? :)

Viper3812
09-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Hey guys,

I don't want to leave Viper without his bars here. If you guys know of anything else you want to order, I can probably score him the same price as long as I have enough other stuff to tack onto that Eibach kit. Call it a mishmash group buy, if you will. Wipers? Wheels? PIAAs? AC Schnitzer body parts? Exhausts? Intakes? Neon, NOS, and parkbench spoilers? :)

Thank you. Anyone need anything?

JedzE36/5
09-23-2007, 09:26 PM
let me think of some things that i 'need'. can you get OEM things?

Viper3812
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
let me think of some things that i 'need'. can you get OEM things?

Thanks for the help!

wolferj-RIP
09-23-2007, 10:54 PM
I just ordered a set, great deal! Thanks...

This should make it 3 orders, so let's ship!!!

:biggrin::smile::biggrin::smile::biggrin:

Oops, I'm only #2...

If I order some wipers can we call it 3 orders?

Viper3812
09-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I just ordered a set, great deal! Thanks...

This should make it 3 orders, so let's ship!!!

:biggrin::smile::biggrin::smile::biggrin:

Sweet!!! Thanks. I'm heading to the bank tomorrow to put in funds so I can place mine.

LudicrouSpeed
09-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Sorry Jed - I do not currently have an account with any BMW dealerships. Although if you were a Subaru, Volvo, or VW guy I could help you out.

Once Viper orders we just need one more. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Viper3812
09-27-2007, 03:19 AM
Is there a chance you can follow up on the order with just the 2 of us? I'm ready to pay.

LudicrouSpeed
09-27-2007, 06:20 PM
The price is dependent upon 3 orders, although I am trying to advertise this GB elsewhere to help fill it. As it stands, I am honestly making little money on these things (the east coast buyers eat up a ton in shipping). Gimp can pretty much vouch for that, considering he gets to look at my price sheets. Hah!

Even though it's understood that I need 3 orders, I'm trying to get this last order ASAP - I don't like to have people waiting too long, and I know that no one likes to have $290 just floating around in someone else's account.

Viper3812
09-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Bump!!! We need 1 more.

Viper3812
09-29-2007, 04:45 PM
bump

LudicrouSpeed
09-29-2007, 10:06 PM
*Might* have found one - almost missed an email that someone sent a few weeks back. Just responded so we'll see.

Viper3812
09-29-2007, 10:10 PM
*Might* have found one - almost missed an email that someone sent a few weeks back. Just responded so we'll see.

Awesome!!

wolferj-RIP
09-29-2007, 11:32 PM
oh please let them still want some... Viper and I are tired of waiting!

Viper3812
10-01-2007, 03:10 PM

Any word?

LudicrouSpeed
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm still waiting on a response.

LudicrouSpeed
10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Good news. I can still do the pricing on these with just two people!!!

"Bad" news. I have to wait for three Evo buyers to get a set of Tanabe 7GF072 springs. Hehehe. I have one for sure, and two potential. If you guys know of anyone, please pass them along.

Viper3812
10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Great, but ahhh!!!! If I order something else on the side can you do it or do we still need 3 sets of springs? I had a lil accident this morning with the rain and am getting a new control arm and need a new sway bar link so this is perfect timing to get this done asap. Let me know please. Thanks again for the help.

LudicrouSpeed
10-02-2007, 09:38 PM
I'll have to see what else I can work out with the distributor. He's flexible enough, but to get a volume discount I have to show some type of volume. Clutches or flywheels, anyone? Hah!

JedzE36/5
10-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Ludicrous...

what about rotors. what can you do for me? can you get me some front rotors from a 2000 Z3 3.0L? preferably blanks since i dont want to have to buy the rears.

LudicrouSpeed
10-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Have not forgotten about you guys - I can't do rotors FROM a z3, but I can get rotors FOR a Z3. i'll have to check on pricing for those (Powerslots) - would the rotors be a one off, or are there multiple people interested?

Viper3812
10-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Can you get ATE rotors? I need front rotors, so I might take an order as well.

LudicrouSpeed
10-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Sorry, no ATE. Hawk Pads? Goodridge lines?

Viper3812
10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
How much on Powerslots? Anyone else want to buy an awesome sway bar kit?

Viper3812
10-08-2007, 03:13 PM
bump!

LudicrouSpeed
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Okay - good news. The price can be had for the two of you, w/o relying on other people to pony up some change for other stuff. Place the order, and then I will raise the price on the site by the end of the day. Thanks again guys!

wolferj-RIP
10-08-2007, 07:23 PM
LudicrouSpeed;

Viper and I thank you!!!!!

p.s. I already purchased on your site, just waiting for the other order(s) to be placed... Don't know if Viper has purchased yet or not... Viper?

LudicrouSpeed
10-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Not a problem at all. I want to thank you for being as patient as you have been, because I know it's not always easy to let someone else hold onto $29, let alone $290.

I think we're just waiting on Viper and then the stuff can ship as soon as I confirm his order. Judging from the last order, it may be at your door within 4-7 days from when it ships.

Viper3812
10-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow!!! Thanks Ludicrous. I gotta make a quick run to the bank and then I'll place my order. Expect to see it with in the hour.

LudicrouSpeed
10-08-2007, 08:02 PM
You and your banks. Doesn't anyone use direct deposit? :)

Viper3812
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Sorry about the delay, but payment SENT!!! Thanks again.

LudicrouSpeed
10-09-2007, 03:40 AM
I will place the order as soon as they open tomorrow. As a reminder, they are in California, so I won't be able to do this until roughly 11am EST. I will send out tracking numbers as soon as they are made available to me. Thanks again guys!

wolferj-RIP
10-09-2007, 04:10 AM
Thanks Viper, Thanks Chookeat, Good night Jonboy...

LudicrouSpeed
10-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Ordered. Now we just wait for UPS numbers.

Viper3812
10-12-2007, 04:20 AM

Have they been shipped yet?

JedzE36/5
10-12-2007, 05:53 AM
oh thank goodness this went through.

did you say you could get brake lines?

wolferj-RIP
10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Any chance you have tracking info yet?

Viper3812
10-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Any chance you have tracking info yet?

Ditto.... My driver side sway bar link is popping out of place so it would nice to get the kit Monday/Tuesday.

wolferj-RIP
10-15-2007, 04:59 AM

Any chance we have tracking numbers yet?

LudicrouSpeed
10-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Hey guys - I'm still waiting for the tracking numbers myself. Just a heads up - I send this to my distributor in California who then sends the order to Eibach. Last time, Eibach shipped directly but didn't give the tracking numbers immediately. My distributor is going to ask them for a status update today.

I checked about a week before Viper ordered, and Eibach claimed they had a few of these kits lying around. I don't think it's a stocking issue, but I'll post when I have more info. Sorry for the delay!

LudicrouSpeed
10-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Update
Eibach apparently misunderstood and shipped the kits to our distributor instead of directly to you guys. Viper's kit shipped yesterday (and I had a tracking # e-mailed to you), and I should have a FedEx # for Wolf soon. Once again, sorry for the delays, and I appreciate the patience! Thanks, guys.

Viper3812
10-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Thank you, I should be getting mine on Friday!

wolferj-RIP
10-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Update
Eibach apparently misunderstood and shipped the kits to our distributor instead of directly to you guys. Viper's kit shipped yesterday (and I had a tracking # e-mailed to you), and I should have a FedEx # for Wolf soon. Once again, sorry for the delays, and I appreciate the patience! Thanks, guys.

Any idea when my set will ship/arrive?

Viper3812
10-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Any idea when my set will ship/arrive?

Just got mine!!!

Wolferj: Make sure someone is at home or else Fedex won't drop off the pacakge.

wolferj-RIP
10-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Just got mine!!!

Lucky Dog... Mine haven't shown yet, nor has a tracking # been sent either...

Oh well, I spent the day refurbishing and installing a set of used Vader seats I bought on ebay a few weeks ago... At least it was a productive day for the ti anyway...:grandpa:

Oh and Ludicrouspeed... Please find out where my set is...

LudicrouSpeed
10-22-2007, 07:58 PM
I really apologize wolf - I'm not sure what's going on with your set. I still haven't gotten a tracking #, but I have been pestering my distributor on a daily basis (matter of fact, just did it again).

The "funny" thing is that I ordered this from the distributor that's closer to Eibach, and the dist was able to get me lower prices than the people I usually use. Gimp was witness to Eibach being *extremely* slow with a set of springs and sways for his brother's car, and I seriously hope that's not going to be the case this time. I will keep hounding them!

PurpleTurtle
10-23-2007, 02:56 AM
Do you still have a front sway bar by itself? G-stock autocross, I can only use the front.

LudicrouSpeed
10-24-2007, 02:25 AM
I sold the two front sways I ordered as part of the first GB. I'll check on stock levels to see if Eibach has anymore lying around.

Wolf, apparently, Eibach shipped some sway sets elsewhere so now they're backordered. My distributor is talking to one of their guys to see if they can custom build you a set so you don't have to wait any longer. I will have an update on this progress hopefully by tomorrow. I can't apologize enough, but I can try to make it up to you.

wolferj-RIP
10-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Chookeat

That is very disappointing to hear... :frown:

At least Viper got his set, he'd been waiting longer than me. Please keep me posted on their progress, I'll leave it up to you to do what you can to make it up...

gimp
10-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Trust me folks, Chookeat is good to his word. He'll keep you updated. This is a problem with eibach and how they do things.

He'll make it good.

LudicrouSpeed
10-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks, gimp. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday - I had a doc's appointment (we got rear ended awhile ago and I'm still seeing people about it) and was unable to contact my California distributor.

Wolf - Eibach has said the earliest they can get the kit out is 11/30. This upsets me almost as much as it must upset you, because this is the 2nd time this year they've burned me. I leave it up to you as to whether you want to keep the order placed or not. I can either refund your payment, or just ship the bars once they're ready. If you choose to keep the order placed, I'll send some other goodies to you as well (on me).

wolferj-RIP
10-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks, gimp. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday - I had a doc's appointment (we got rear ended awhile ago and I'm still seeing people about it) and was unable to contact my California distributor.

Wolf - Eibach has said the earliest they can get the kit out is 11/30. This upsets me almost as much as it must upset you, because this is the 2nd time this year they've burned me. I leave it up to you as to whether you want to keep the order placed or not. I can either refund your payment, or just ship the bars once they're ready. If you choose to keep the order placed, I'll send some other goodies to you as well (on me).

Chookeat;

Not to worry, I am a patient person, and I know it's not your fault... The price is too good to pass up, so go ahead and ship my order when it's ready and keep me posted... Anything else you toss in will just be icing on the cake!

Thanks!

wolferj-RIP
10-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Just got mine!!!

Hey Viper, got yours installed yet?

Viper3812
11-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey Viper, got yours installed yet?

Ya man, I got it installed 2 days later at school. By far the best suspension upgrade to get!!! When I had the car on the lift and the front bar installed it could pass for a pull up bar for how thick it is and the handling is awesome!!!

Did you get yours yet?

wolferj-RIP
11-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Ya man, I got it installed 2 days later at school. By far the best suspension upgrade to get!!! When I had the car on the lift and the front bar installed it could pass for a pull up bar for how thick it is and the handling is awesome!!!

Did you get yours yet?

No, due to some kind of mix-up, mine won't arrive til the end of the month... :frown: But I now know, thanks to you, that they will be worth the wait...:smile:

Kaliimc
11-04-2007, 10:32 PM
No, due to some kind of mix-up, mine won't arrive til the end of the month... :frown: But I now know, thanks to you, that they will be worth the wait...:smile:

I know how it is waiting for Eibach to make the parts and send them out. One time I ordered a set of sways for my 540 and after a couple of months of talking to the local vedor I purchased from, he said I could just order something else and he would cancel my sway bar order. I did just that and got a nice Strong-Strut bar that still serves me today.

Sounds like I need to scrape and save some cash for this GB too, you guys are getting me interested in this. Does it matter what ti you have? Mine is a base model, circa 4/1/96.

Aloha,

Viper3812
11-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I think this group buy is over. I already got mine and he is still waiting for his. It was supposed to be in groups of 3, but they let us get ours since no one else wanted a set and ended it.

Kaliimc
11-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the info Viper, at this point, just reading what everyone here is posting about the improved results I am going to do this upgrade regardless of a GB or not.

If I can get in one one then that's great, but not necessary. I'm kinda used to paying higher prices on items anyway since they need to travel 2300 miles west of LA to 96816. :frown:

JedzE36/5
11-06-2007, 02:15 AM
the investment is totally worth it.

viper what setting are you running your sway bars at? i have it on full stiff and i love it. i do however get a little bit more oversteer than i want. how about you?

LudicrouSpeed
11-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Wolfe Update: Still waiting on Eibach, and your goodies will ship once the set ships to you.

Kaliimc: I have shipped parts to Hawaii before (two WRX STI Limited spoilers), and I believe that only set me back about $40 in total shipping (from Maryland). The swaybars would leave from California, so I can check on shipping if you would like. I will adjust the price for you to compensate for the estimated shipping costs (my distributor uses both UPS and FedEx). I have no problems shipping to HI and can still give you reasonable prices. Don't be bashful.

everyone else: I have had a few people contact me about front bars to remain legal for GS. If enough interest can be generated, I will be more than happy to do another GB for the fronts only. Just let me know or start another thread. This isn't just for bars and stuff. I can get nearly anything you might need - Gimp, shut up about your plug wires! :biggrin:

newagecustoms
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I will have to see how funds are doing, but I would definately be interested in a set in the future if you do another group buy. Just pm me if you do, I don't check in here as much as I used to.

LudicrouSpeed
11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
How far in the future? We're on hold for Eibach until the end of this month at the earliest.

jimmyloose
11-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm actually interested as well. Is 2 orders a Group Buy?

*edit* It looks like three;

1. Kaliimc
2. Newagecustoms
3. jimmyloose

jimmyloose
11-14-2007, 08:07 PM
You don't do Bilstein shocks do you?

PeteN95
11-16-2007, 12:21 AM
I would be interested in a set of bars, please let me know if you do another.

LudicrouSpeed
11-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Let me check on stocking levels before anyone places another order. We're supposed to have an update from Eibach by the end of this month. I will still honor the price of $290 to the lower 48.

Sorry, no Bilsteins - but I can get KW if you feel like spending your mortgage payment for the month. :)

Kaliimc
11-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Sorry, no Bilsteins - but I can get KW if you feel like spending your mortgage payment for the month. :)

Wow! They cost $2700!!!? :biggrin:J/k

LudicrouSpeed
11-16-2007, 11:38 PM
If you want the full blown coilovers that also massage you and bring you drinks when you walk in the door!

LudicrouSpeed
11-28-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll be checking with the rep this afternoon to see if there's an update.

wolferj-RIP
11-29-2007, 05:57 AM
I'll be checking with the rep this afternoon to see if there's an update.

Any luck yet?

Viper3812
11-30-2007, 05:52 AM
the investment is totally worth it.

viper what setting are you running your sway bars at? i have it on full stiff and i love it. i do however get a little bit more oversteer than i want. how about you?

Which setting is which? lol... I have it on the first setting I believe closest to the links.

wolferj-RIP
12-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Chookeat;

Any word from Eibach yet?

LudicrouSpeed
12-03-2007, 09:42 PM
We're now looking at 12/17. :eek: I am really beginning to dislike Eibach. I understand that it's a niche market with you guys, but it's not like it's a totally obscure vehicle like a Yugo or Daewoo we're trying to build up. :mad:

LudicrouSpeed
12-03-2007, 09:53 PM
So I was griping to Gimp about this...

Chookeat: fracking 12/17 for the kits now
Chookeat: eibach is really pissing me off
Gimp: wow
Gimp: no crap
Chookeat: it fracking sucks
Gimp: what's the reason?
4:00 PM
Chookeat: i think they had to wait for some cows to be bred
Chookeat: so they could harvest grain
Chookeat: to feed some workers
Chookeat: who would then mine the ore
Chookeat: which would then be shipped to a mill
Chookeat: and eventually the steel would find its way to eibach
Gimp: :lol:

wolferj-RIP
12-04-2007, 07:38 AM
So I was griping to Gimp about this...

So then they had to wait for the workers strike to be over...
And then they had to wait for the holiday shipping madness to subside...
And then they had to wait for the oil prices to subisde...
so they could afford the petroleum to be processed into plastic and then into bubble wrap...
So it could be packed and mailed before the next generation ti makes it to the US...

In other words, I'll be lucky if my car isn't completely obsolete when they arrive!:wink:

Keep me posted...

LudicrouSpeed
12-11-2007, 02:58 AM
:dance:

[Offline IM sent 3h and 59m ago] yo yo yo...i got your sway bar kit in...its going out today...

Wolf, the day has arrived! Once I've got a tracking number, I'll let you know - although by the time I get it, you'll probably already have the bars.

Anyone else want some? Use the earlier link - same price! Eibach's got them in stock now, so grab them while you can before some other shop tries to sell them to you for more!

wolferj-RIP
12-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Too Cool!:cool: Thanks Chookeat!

Thank you so much, I can't hardly wait! Now who wants some free beer to help me install them this weekend?:biggrin:

LudicrouSpeed
12-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I haven't forgotten your other goodies, either! Thanks for being patient!

JedzE36/5
12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Which setting is which? lol... I have it on the first setting I believe closest to the links.

uhhm stiffest is the setting farthest from the end links.

i havent had any troubles yet. i love it.

gimp
12-12-2007, 06:15 PM
http://www.perrinperformance.com/shared/images/jeff_pics/swaybars/wrxstiff.jpg

Not the same bar, but the same rules apply.

wolferj-RIP
12-13-2007, 02:52 AM
I haven't forgotten your other goodies, either! Thanks for being patient!

Thanks!

Just got the package!

wolferj-RIP
12-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Too Cool!:cool: Thanks Chookeat!

Thank you so much, I can't hardly wait! Now who wants some free beer to help me install them this weekend?:biggrin:

Free beer for a little assistance? No one? :confused:

Oh well, more for me when I'm done:wink:

Viper3812
12-15-2007, 04:38 PM
http://www.perrinperformance.com/shared/images/jeff_pics/swaybars/wrxstiff.jpg

Not the same bar, but the same rules apply.

ya, our bar has 2 holes not 3.

LudicrouSpeed
12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Goodies on the way, Wolf! Hope you enjoy 'em!

JedzE36/5
04-01-2008, 09:21 PM
sorry to resurect this thread... but do you happen to sell adjustable end links? i have had the rears on full stiff since i installed them and months later i have broken 1 of my rear end links.

gimp
10-21-2008, 09:02 PM
BIG BUMP.

It turns out, he's got at least 5 of the full sets of sways, and 5 of the individual fronts available for shipping right away. Evidently, this group buy, when we did it before, woke the distributors up to the market and they've started stocking for us!

I'm still working on updated pricing, but it should be close to what it was before.

If you folks are interested, let me know. These sways are one of the best things you can do for the handling of your car. I personally run the very same front bar (from this very same group buy).

Thanks!

gimp
10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Okay, pricing is $320 shipped to the lower 48 for the full set (front and rear), and $180 shipped for the front bar only.

I've spoken offline to two different people about sways, so assuming they are in (now that I have pricing), I really only need 1 more person to make it happen!

Let me know ASAP! Get your Holiday shopping done early! LOL

The online store will be updated tonight to reflect the new information.

LudicrouSpeed
10-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi guys!

I have risen from the ashes (actually, Gimp woke me up). My distributor has confirmed that the bars are in stock at Eibach, but can not verify quantity. He estimates at least 5 of each (generally what manufacturers will have as a minimum to show "in stock"). As before, this price includes shipping to the lower 48.

Jed, if you have not found end links yet, let me know who makes them and I'll cross ref with my product lines. I've already checked Whiteline and Eibach and those are a no-go, but I'll look at Hotchkis, GC, and a few others in a bit.

spidertri
10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
What sizes are the bars?

gimp
10-21-2008, 10:02 PM
The front and rear bars are adjustable:

The front is 28mm and the rear is <del>19mm</del> 21mm. The kit includes all hardware and bushings.

EDIT - I stand corrected. Maybe I should get a rear bar... LOL

LudicrouSpeed
10-21-2008, 10:03 PM
28/21 for front and rear, respectively.

Are you attending school at UMCP?

spidertri
10-21-2008, 10:05 PM
How many adjustment points do they have?

Yeah, I'm going to UMD.

LudicrouSpeed
10-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Ah, you should hook up with CollegeParkTuning (if you haven't already) - that's the SGA sanctioned car enthusiast club. I used to be the club's advisor from 05 until just last month or so. They have a big meet every spring, if you haven't been to one yet.

LudicrouSpeed
10-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Hah, SNAFU - apparently, this set has been discontinued. We were looking at the wrong application on Eibach's site, and Gimp and I realized this after we both gave conflicting rear bar sizes. The original GB was for 2044.320 and the pn in stock is 2021.320 (for the 318i).

Sorry guys!

gimp
10-21-2008, 10:36 PM
(I think I know the answer, but) Are front bars still available?

spidertri
10-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Ah, you should hook up with CollegeParkTuning (if you haven't already) - that's the SGA sanctioned car enthusiast club. I used to be the club's advisor from 05 until just last month or so. They have a big meet every spring, if you haven't been to one yet.

Yeah, I went to the meet last spring. It was awesome, I will definitely look into it, I didn't realize it was a club.

Too bad about the bars, at least my money will stay in my pocket for a little while longer.:biggrin:

gimp
10-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I went to the meet last spring. It was awesome, I will definitely look into it, I didn't realize it was a club.

Too bad about the bars, at least my money will stay in my pocket for a little while longer.:biggrin:

Even without the rear bar, the front (which is still available) makes a huge difference.

I run the very same front bar, and the stock sport rear bar. It was good enough for a 6th place PAX at the last BMW autocross event. Big front bar and stock/no rear bar is actually the most preferred setup.

spidertri
10-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Dammit gimp, you just want me to have no money don't you.:tongue::wink::biggrin:

gimp
10-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Dammit gimp, you just want me to have no money don't you.:tongue::wink::biggrin:

LOL... JOIN ME!!!

Don't worry, I don't get any of your money, no matter how hard I try.

I really do have to recommend this to everyone. Camber loss up front is the huge enemy of BMW handling, and a big front sway prevents that. Just a front bar alone makes the car so much more neutral.

318RS
10-23-2008, 05:20 AM
I will take a front bar if still available.

gimp
10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
I will take a front bar if still available.

They are. So that's one definite. Come on folks, jump on board (still waiting to hear back from the people I spoke to offline)!

spidertri
10-23-2008, 01:51 PM
So the front bar shipped is $180? Does it use the stock mounting points to the control arm?

gimp
10-23-2008, 02:15 PM
So the front bar shipped is $180? Does it use the stock mounting points to the control arm?

Yes and yes. Very easy install. I'd be happy to help too.

spidertri
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Believe me man, my rear sway bar was one of the best upgrades I did on my Jetta (FWD). With Koni shocks/struts, made the car handle amazingly.

I have been buying suspension parts and just ordered new control arms. I might be able to swing this because $180 for a 28mm sway is a smoking deal.

318RS
10-23-2008, 04:43 PM
I thought you only needed one more person?

Can you Email me when you find two others.

Leica356@gmail.com

Thanks

spidertri
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Count me in for a front bar. This deal is too good to pass up.

gimp
10-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Okay... so the ins are:

lecia356
spidertri

I spoke to two other people offline. One I haven't heard back from, the other said yes to the full kit when it was available, so it's probably safe to assume they'll be in on the front bar only. I will keep everyone updated.

themightyquinn
10-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey Paul, how long will this be going on? I didn't read the entire 11 pages, but I saw it started back in '07...so I'm guessing it's not gonna end too incredibly soon?

gimp
10-23-2008, 09:54 PM
It's an on-going, assuming there is a supply. Each time all we need is a minimum of three people. We're at two now, when a third joins the order can be made.

If no others jump in on that, it starts over again.

RidingSimple
10-26-2008, 06:23 AM
I used to run a 28mm H&R front bar on my E36 328, what a difference that made! I also used to have the full 28/21 Eibach set for my first E36 318is, also amazing difference!

Question, any pics of the Eibach front bar and the included bushings? I ask because the newest version of the H&R 28mm front bar has these fancy bushings that never need lubrication and are squeek free (I had them and they were fantastic).

Also, I live in Honolulu, HI (like the other member that expressed interest, so maybe he and I can have them ship our bars together??), how much extra to ship here?

Thanks,
Justin

bmwpelican
10-27-2008, 12:41 AM
how much cheaper does it get with 4,5,6,7 (=

LudicrouSpeed
10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Heh, it stays the same. The original GB for the set required at least 3, and we only had 2 for the 2nd round. My distributor cut me a break so I was able to extend the same price to those two, but there was no special discount beyond 3. Now, if you guys talk about ordering 10-20 of something, the story might be a little different...*rubs hands*

spidertri
10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
C'mon, we only need one more person!

Kaliimc
10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I can jump in for the front bar. How does payment work? This will be shipping to Hawaii.

Where is Das Auto? Jump aboard and lets do this. We could have a mini "garage day" with the install, I'll buy the beer.

Paul

spidertri
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Awesome! We need ludicrous to get back on here and give us the details.

RidingSimple
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I can jump in for the front bar. How does payment work? This will be shipping to Hawaii.

Where is Das Auto? Jump aboard and lets do this. We could have a mini "garage day" with the install, I'll buy the beer.

Paul

Sounds good Paul, like I stated before, I am defintely in. :)

So that's 4.

lecia356
spidertri
Kaliimc
Das Auto

LudicrouSpeed
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Auto, I need a zip for you and Kaliimc so I can get an accurate shipping quote. We'll also have to sort the logistics as to which of you would be receiving the bars.

RidingSimple
10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm 96825, Honolulu, HI. I could accept both bars and deliver his, no problem.

318RS
10-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm ready!:smile:

LudicrouSpeed
10-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Okay, I just got the shipping estimate to Hawaii. For each bar going to Hawaii, it'll run you guys $25 extra. Still up for it?

RidingSimple
10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Okay, I just got the shipping estimate to Hawaii. For each bar going to Hawaii, it'll run you guys $25 extra. Still up for it?

So $205 shipped each?

I just don't quite understand.

Like you said, 2 bars at one point cost you $45, so let's go with a lower average 48 states price.....say $30 a person.

Joe swaybar pays $30
Jay swaybar pays $30
Total=$60

Kaliimc and I are being required to pay $25 each more=$50

Take our surcharge plus the original 48 state shipping price and you're at $110 to ship ONE BOX??!?!?!

I'm sorry but they are shafting you.

I'll toss in some extra over the $180, but $25? Doesn't seem fair.

Maybe Kaliimc has input?

LudicrouSpeed
10-30-2008, 02:59 AM
You misunderstood earlier posts - 2 WRX STI Limited trunk spoilers (much lighter than your bars) were a little over $40 to ship to Waipahu, Hawaii.

Here's a picture of said spoiler (note how small it is):

http://www.scoobyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/07_STI_sideback2.jpg

1 Eibach swaybar set going coast to coast was $46. In the interest of full disclosure, the total shipping for the two bars is just under $90 (less than the $110 you came up with). No one is getting shafted - you just live in a place where shipping costs more. Gimp knows how little I'm making on these Eibach bars, so it's not like I'm trying to pass along anything to you either.

RidingSimple
10-30-2008, 03:16 AM
You misunderstood earlier posts - 2 WRX STI Limited trunk spoilers (much lighter than your bars) were a little over $40 to ship to Waipahu, Hawaii.

Here's a picture of said spoiler (note how small it is):

http://www.scoobyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/07_STI_sideback2.jpg

1 Eibach swaybar set going coast to coast was $46. In the interest of full disclosure, the total shipping for the two bars is just under $90 (less than the $110 you came up with). No one is getting shafted - you just live in a place where shipping costs more. Gimp knows how little I'm making on these Eibach bars, so it's not like I'm trying to pass along anything to you either.

Are the bars coming from where you're at, or CA?

At any rate, $90 is a lot to ship, about what I would expect.

But doing some simple math (not trying to nickel and dime, just understand where the cost comes from) shows:

$90 (ship 2 bars in 1 box to my door in Hawaii)
Minus the surcharge you are having us foot $50
Equals $40
Divide $40 by 2=$20
^ So my question is this, are you charging all the 48 staters $160 plus $20 to ship their bars? If so, then I see it all clearly, I would've thought a bar on the 48 states would be closer to $30 to ship.

LudicrouSpeed
10-30-2008, 04:02 AM
You are close. I have negotiated the price down to just under 40% off MSRP ($296 to $180) for PN 2021.310. Upon preliminary research, my price shipped, is nearly $100 less than a few other websites using your same zip code - and they're only shipping one bar, whereas I'm offering to send two. If my price is not a better bargain, then I don't know what to tell you. :confused:

RidingSimple
10-30-2008, 04:19 AM
You are close. I have negotiated the price down to just under 40% off MSRP ($296 to $180) for PN 2021.310. Upon preliminary research, my price shipped, is nearly $100 less than a few other websites using your same zip code - and they're only shipping one bar, whereas I'm offering to send two. If my price is not a better bargain, then I don't know what to tell you. :confused:

Oh I'm not doubting your price to be good, cause it is. :cool:
I'll have to think it over, I know $25 isn't a lot of money, but for me it is right now....not working and modding is tough. :redface:

I'm sure Kaliimc will see this shortly, let's see what he thinks of the pricing.

LudicrouSpeed
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I just had a realization - those other sites are actually selling/shipping the one bar for the price I was shipping the full set. LudicrouSpeed wins again, fans! :joy:

RidingSimple
10-30-2008, 05:58 PM
TIRE RACK

Estimated Shipping Costs for:
(1) Eibach Anti-Roll Kit
Price: $363.00 for 1

Warehouse Location
Inventory Status
Shipping Costs
Newark, Delaware
In Stock
$40.13

Enter your zip code to to figure out shipping charges for this item:
UPS Ground UPS 2nd Day Air UPS 3 Day Select shipping to zip approximately $94.12.
^ Turner Motorsport Swaybar kit (2 bars)

So why can tire rack charge 40, you charge 90, and TM charge 94? I don't get it hehe.

gimp
10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
TIRE RACK

Estimated Shipping Costs for:
(1) Eibach Anti-Roll Kit
Price: $363.00 for 1

Warehouse Location
Inventory Status
Shipping Costs
Newark, Delaware
In Stock
$40.13

Enter your zip code to to figure out shipping charges for this item:
UPS Ground UPS 2nd Day Air UPS 3 Day Select shipping to zip approximately $94.12.
^ Turner Motorsport Swaybar kit (2 bars)

So why can tire rack charge 40, you charge 90, and TM charge 94? I don't get it hehe.

I'd assume it's because TireRack ships so much, they probably get a huge carrier discount. But I don't know **** about this stuff. LOL

LudicrouSpeed
10-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, I'd assume they have a volume discount with their shipping providers. And I'm getting four Yokohamas mounted and balanced that I just ordered from them. No more bald fronts!

Leica - you contacted me a few months back about the Pro Kit - are you still interested? If you are, I can see about getting that discounted as well. Let me know.

318RS
10-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Did not think the Pro kit was available for the TI any more? I'm thinking of going with Coilovers anyway.

Kaliimc
10-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Geez it looks like I've missed a lot here. Working long hours will do that to ya. I'm still in for the price, it's not too bad in my opinion(sorry RidingSimple). :biggrin:

We use Bavauto from time to time so both my wife and I are used to getting ripped by shipping fees.

My zipcode is 96816, probably not any cheaper though. I am good with shipping to either myself or R.S.

LudicrouSpeed
10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Okay, so that's 3 confirmed. RS, we need you to okay this so that Kal isn't footing the bill for shipping. I have the link built, and there's a checkbox for the islanders to tack on the shipping. Once RS says he's in, I'll make the link available and will wait until the four of you have purchased before placing the order.

There will be a slight lag between when you order and when the bar gets to you. I call my distributor, who then calls Eibach. Once the order is with Eibach, they are in charge of shipping and order fulfillment (although I will keep tabs on the process and supply tracking numbers as soon as they are available to me). In short, the sooner everyone does this, the sooner the bars can get to you guys.

RS/Kal - you both have offered to receive the bars, so is it okay if I just pick one of you randomly? I'll inform once the bars ship.

318RS
10-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Kool, Just curious if you were able to get springs for the ti. If they have to get them from Europe I imagine they wouldn't be cheap. Pretty sure I'm going coilover, but curious.

Thanks

LudicrouSpeed
10-31-2008, 05:29 PM
You were correct on the prokit being unavailable - although Sportlines are still listed for the 318i, convertible, compact. Not sure if those fit you or not. What coilovers are you looking at?

Kaliimc
10-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Okay, so that's 3 confirmed. RS, we need you to okay this so that Kal isn't footing the bill for shipping. I have the link built, and there's a checkbox for the islanders to tack on the shipping. Once RS says he's in, I'll make the link available and will wait until the four of you have purchased before placing the order.

There will be a slight lag between when you order and when the bar gets to you. I call my distributor, who then calls Eibach. Once the order is with Eibach, they are in charge of shipping and order fulfillment (although I will keep tabs on the process and supply tracking numbers as soon as they are available to me). In short, the sooner everyone does this, the sooner the bars can get to you guys.

RS/Kal - you both have offered to receive the bars, so is it okay if I just pick one of you randomly? I'll inform once the bars ship.

I'm good with random selection.

LudicrouSpeed
10-31-2008, 06:24 PM
okay - just waiting on RS and then we should be good to go. If we can get everyone in by 6pm EST, I may be able to call this order in today so we're not wasting a weekend.

RidingSimple
10-31-2008, 07:36 PM

I'm in. :)
And go figure my ignition tumbler goes out just as money is already tight, but I'll never get a 28mm bar to my door for 200 again and I need it for my autocross class, so what is it they say? "No time like the present?" (or something like that lol). :biggrin:

One last thing, this is for a 28 mm front Eibach bar AND the poly bushings right? All swaybars come with the larged bushing to fit the larger bar from my experience.

Kaliimc, a nice thing for us to do with this upgrade is buy some new front swaybar brackets, end links, and the needed nuts/bolts to have all new pieces. Benefit:

Even here in Hawaii, the salt air can rust up those parts, so while most would just recommend only replacing the end links with a new front bar, I always spend the extra 20 bucks and get the nice shiny new brackets, bolts, and nuts.

Here's my thoughts. Autohausaz.com has silly good pricing on the links and brackets, I was going to place an order for front AND rear (you could just jump in for front hardware if you'd like), end links and brackets. I was thinking you might want to jump in with my order to get the shipping very low. If not, it's cool. And the best place to get the nuts/bolts is simply the local dealer in town, it doesn't hurt to pay retail on a few dollar parts. I think they also give a CCA 15% discount, I accidentally let my membership lapse, you a member?

gimp
10-31-2008, 07:42 PM
One last thing, this is for a 28 mm front Eibach bar AND the poly bushings right? All swaybars come with the larged bushing to fit the larger bar from my experience.

Yes, bushings are included.

spidertri
10-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Alright, lets get this show on the road.:biggrin: