PDA

View Full Version : September Meet in Ventura, CA

cooljess76
08-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Saturday September 8th!!!
VENTURA, CA
@10:00am
Alright guys, Hugo and I were thinking about trying something a little different this time. This month's meet will offer a little change in scenery for those who didn't make it to Bimmerfest '07 (in Santa Barbara) or the '06 Socal Euro Meet (in Ventura). How does a short drive up the coast and away from the smog sound?

Ventura, California is a relatively small beach community located approximately 45 minutes north of Hollywood and Studio City (Okay, maybe an hour and a half if the traffic's bad) and 25 minutes south of Santa Barbara. This meet will be ideal for those interested in participating in this year's calendar contest, as the background is quite nice.

Okay, here's the thing. I've located a place on the beach where we could grill out and chill on the beach or in the grass next to our cars, but in order to secure the site, we have to be there early. Basically, it's first come first serve and if we want to get a section of the parking lot dedicated to us, we have to be there before anyone else beats us to it! 10:00am DON'T BE LATE!!! From there we could take a 5 minute drive to Surfer's Point for a quick afternoon shoot next to the pier and possibly check out this parking structure downtown for a few more pics and some drifting:biggrin:J/K. If you guys want, we could take a 20 minute group drive up to Ojai past Johnny Cash's house and into the canyon where Lance Armstrong trains or we could take a short 5 minute drive to an overlook where we could park and snap a few more really nice shots. We'll wrap the day up with a sunset shoot in the beautiful Ventura Harbor(South Jetti) and if anyone's interested we could shoot some pool at Stix Billiards, go to the movies or have a drink at Sans Succi(The Sewer).

Anyway, these are just suggestions, I welcome everyone to drive on up and visit my gorgeous hometown here in Ventura. You could take either PCH or 101North. PCH will take a little bit longer since it's stop and go until you pass through Malibu. When you get to Point Mugu Naval Air Station, veer right onto Las Posas towards the 101North. At this point you'll be in Camarillo, CA and it's about 10 minutes further north on the 101.

I recommend taking 101North the whole way to avoid traffic and ease of directions. You'll pass through Studio City, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Oxnard and then you'll hit Ventura. If you get to Santa Barbara, you went about 25 minutes too far. Exit on Seaward Ave. Take a left onto Seaward. Cross through Harbor Blvd. and proceed straight to Pierpont Ave. Take a left on Pierpont Ave and follow it straight down to Marina Park.

Enter the park, watch out for the gigantic speed bumps and look to the right(towards the beach). I'll have an area setup for us to gather and barbeque, or if you guys want we could just grab a burger at In&Out or The Habit or rock a fatass burrito at Evita's. Eitherway, the meet will start at Marina Park and we'll decide from there. If you guys want to grill, I could run to the store and grab some stuff from Vons down the street. Here's a link to Marina Park and if you want an idea of the surrounding area, check out my Gallery (http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3558). I look forward to seeing everyone here:
http://www.ventura.com/activities/parks/marinapark/

HuGo
08-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Nice jessie Nice!

HuGo
08-29-2007, 11:34 PM
GUYS...

We will meet at Ihop. Be at Ihop between 8:15am-8:50.
We will leave ihop and head to Ventura at 9am.
I think its atleast an hour drive.
Make sure your there on time.

lazoh
08-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Do you guys want to meet up at ihop then take off to Ventura?

Too far and out of the way to take the 101n for me, a better meeting place can be off the 134 in Glendale.

HuGo
08-30-2007, 03:11 AM
Too far and out of the way to take the 101n for me, a better meeting place can be off the 134 in Glendale.

Are you serious? Dude the 134 runs behind my house. You drive like 3 miles from figueroa exit to ihop. Then to ihop to the 101 is like 3 minutes away.

We can work something out though.

lazoh
08-30-2007, 03:48 AM
Are you serious? Dude the 134 runs behind my house. You drive like 3 miles from figueroa exit to ihop. Then to ihop to the 101 is like 3 minutes away.

We can work something out though.

Sounds good bro.

Marv17
08-30-2007, 04:11 AM
it doesnt matter cuz its on the way either way for me. however, are we all bringing something to pitch in for the food? or like certain ppl in charge of food or something? just a question. before some chaotic maddness happens when we realize theres no FOOD.

cooljess76
08-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Well I was planning on getting there really early just to hold the grill and a spot in the grass, but there's nothing I could do about the parking lot, so that's why I asked everyone to show up early and we'll fill it in as we go and as people leave we'll take their spots. You gotta remember that Ventura is a surfing community, so Saturday mornings you could bank on the parking lots filling up quickly. There's a store right down the street from the park, so I was just going to make a quick run and get some food once people showed up and I take a collection. It's hard to know how much food to buy without knowing how many people are going to actually show.

lazoh
08-30-2007, 04:26 AM
Well I was planning on getting there really early just to hold the grille and a spot in the grass, but there's nothing I could do about the parking lot, so that's why I asked everyone to show up early and we'll fill it in as we go and as people leave we'll take their spots. You gotta remember that Ventura is a surfing community, so Saturday mornings you could bank on the parking lots filling up quickly. There's a store right down the street from the park, so I was just going to make a quick run and get some food once people showed up and I take a collection. It's hard to know how much food to buy without knowing how many people are going to actually show.

I agree, let's collect cash when we get there and make sure that the food needed is purchased. Hope to be there!! I'm doing my best to go to Mexico next week and return on Friday night.

HuGo
08-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Whos taking the churasquera? Or are we just going to buy charcoal?

Is there a 99 cent store nearby? We need plates and cups :smile:

cooljess76
08-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Yeah, there's a .99 store and I'll handle all that stuff, I'll even bring an ice chest and some ice, but we need to know how much and what kind of food to get. It'll only take about 20 minutes to run down to the store while everyone is checking out eachothers cars and stuff. If someone want's to bring up some charcoal, I could gather up some wood chips since I just pulled 3 spanish cedar stumps out of my yard. Also if you guys want to grill up some asada, there's a couple Mexican markets nearby and I could hook that up as well.

Bobbak
08-30-2007, 06:54 AM
i work at the 99 cents store ill get a discount

make me a list ill go get it all :)

lazoh
08-30-2007, 03:33 PM
i work at the 99 cents store ill get a discount

make me a list ill go get it all :)

What's your discount Bobby? everyhting for $0.98??? :tongue::biggrin:

HuGo
09-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Looks like i got the day off :biggrin:

For those who are going...you guys want to meet up at Ihop then well take the 101 from there. Its like 3 minutes away from ihop.

Bobbak
09-01-2007, 06:21 PM
What's your discount Bobby? everyhting for $0.98??? :tongue::biggrin:

well if i buy 9 things the 10th is free so thats like 10% so about 10 cents lol

HuGo
09-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Dont tell me only 3 of us are going?

Bobbak
09-01-2007, 08:31 PM
come on people you cant pass up a BBQ :)

HuGo
09-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Ara, are you going?

HuGo
09-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Bobbak, can you get the following...?

Cups, Forks, and Plates?

And oh yea, get some of those 3 liter Soda's :biggrin: Make sure you get pineapple :smile:

jaimito79
09-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Dudes, im screwed. I wrecked my ti and don't think insurance is going to want to fix it, so I know I won't be making it out there in a Ti.

lazoh
09-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Dudes, im screwed. I wrecked my ti and don't think insurance is going to want to fix it, so I know I won't be making it out there in a Ti.

I heard that bro, why do you think the insurance wont cover it? PM me the answer don't post it.

And sorry to hear about our ride!!! :frown: The good thing is that you are ok!!

HuGo
09-02-2007, 06:35 AM
Jimmy, like i told you last time, im sorry this happen but the best we can ask for is that your ok. I saw the 4 extra pics you sent me and it hurt to see. Its depressing.

HuGo
09-03-2007, 09:47 AM
guys....

We will meet at Ihop. Be at Ihop between 8:15am-8:50.
We will leave ihop and head to Ventura at 9am.
I think its atleast an hour drive.
Make sure your there on time.

I want to see a good count so...

1.) Hugo

Bobbak
09-03-2007, 09:52 AM
1. hugo
2. bobbak
3. .......

SoCalpinoy86
09-03-2007, 08:44 PM
1. hugo
2. bobbak
3. SoCalpinoy86

Marv17
09-03-2007, 11:38 PM
finally found out i got the day off for this saturday. so, so far so good on going for the bbq. count me in....

1. hugo
2. bobbak
3. SoCalpinoy86
4. Marv

the governor
09-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to SoCal and the forum. I don't own a 318 yet but I'm the one interested in DustenT's 318. My wife and I are headed to Santa Barbara for the day. I'd like to stop by the GTG meet some SoCal peeps and check out the cars.
Noah

saintse36
09-04-2007, 04:45 AM
ok hugo i will go if i get my car on friday lets hope it ready by then and i will go with ya so wat time are you guys are leaving
1. hugo
2. bobbak
3. SoCalpinoy86
4. Marv
5. Sainte36 (maybe) if i have my Ti

HuGo
09-04-2007, 05:48 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to SoCal and the forum. I don't own a 318 yet but I'm the one interested in DustenT's 318. My wife and I are headed to Santa Barbara for the day. I'd like to stop by the GTG meet some SoCal peeps and check out the cars.
Noah

Kool. Contact Jessie for directions from santa barbara. Hope you become a member of the SoCal team. Dont listen to Dusten if he says anything bad about us or me. Its all lies :smile:

HuGo
09-04-2007, 05:49 AM
ok hugo i will go if i get my car on friday lets hope it ready by then and i will go with ya so wat time are you guys are leaving
1. hugo
2. bobbak
3. SoCalpinoy86
4. Marv

Ok kool man. Ummm just be at ihop before 9am. If you dont know already, ill be handing out the shirts that day for those who finish paying me. Hope to see you gino, its been a LONG time.

HuGo
09-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Jessie, is there an address to the park, or maybe like the address of a store across the street? I just want to mapquest it.

cooljess76
09-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Noah
Hey Noah, look forward to seeing you there. You could show up around 11:30/Noonish if you want. I just want the guys with Ti's to come up early so we could lock in a few parking spots next to eachother. It doesn't sound like we're gonna have a huge turnout this time, but for those who do show up to this one, it will be a success. If nothing else, we could chill, take some pics, have lunch and go to the movies. I might bring my bike and my doggy. Jimmy, Gino, Dee, Harold, Garik, Angelo, Jeff, Nick, Bobby, Roger and the rest of you guys, I hope to see you here. Hugo, I can't find an address to the park, but here's a link where you could get directions: http://national.citysearch.com/profile/687632/?brand=smx_yp-nc Either way, it's off of the 101 @ Seaward Ave. Garik, come up as soon as you can and we'll meet up with you. Ventura is really small and everything is about 5 minutes away. If you guys want to show up later, thats cool too just get Hugo's number and call him when you get into town. Heck if 10:00 is too early for you guys, I could just bring my own grill to the park, lol.

1. hugo
2. bobbak
3. SoCalpinoy86
4. Marv

cooljess76
09-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Bump, I'm washing the car right now! New mirrors installed:smile: Weatherbug says some clouds but mostly clear through the weekend.

HuGo
09-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Ok so 101N exit on seaward ave. then what?

Dont get me lost because everyone will be following me and you dont even have a cell phone :mad:

HuGo
09-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Bobby, can you get, Plates, Cups, And spoon/forks for us?

Also bring some 3 liter sodas. Bring pineapple as one of them :biggrin:

cooljess76
09-07-2007, 03:04 AM
101N Exit Seaward Ave.(left lane)
Left on Seaward Ave.(middle lane)
Cross Harbor Blvd.(straight through intersection)
Left on Peirpont Blvd.(first stopsign after Harbor Blvd.)
Follow Peirpont all the way down until it dead ends at Marina Park(about 3/4 of a mile).
Look for POS black ti and ugly guy near the Pacific Ocean on the right.
Those are the simplest directions in the world. See ya guys there! BTW, it's about 57 miles up the 101N from the 134W.

HuGo
09-07-2007, 04:16 AM
101N Exit Seaward Ave.(left lane)
Left on Seaward Ave.(middle lane)
Cross Harbor Blvd.(straight through intersection)
Left on Peirpont Blvd.(first stopsign after Harbor Blvd.)
Follow Peirpont all the way down until it dead ends at Marina Park(about 3/4 of a mile).
Look for POS black ti and ugly guy near the Pacific Ocean on the right.
Those are the simplest directions in the world. See ya guys there! BTW, it's about 57 miles up the 101N from the 134W.

Whats the difference between taking the 134 to the 101 and 110 to the 101? The 110 to the 101 is only like 3 minutes away from ihop.

HuGo
09-07-2007, 04:17 AM
Guys dont forget to bring money for the shirts (embroir). If you want to receive your shirt that day you need to pay me the remains. I will be sporting mine :smile:

cooljess76
09-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Whats the difference between taking the 134 to the 101 and 110 to the 101? The 110 to the 101 is only like 3 minutes away from ihop.
Not that big of a deal, it just saves a little time for people coming from the east.

HuGo
09-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Bump

1. hugo
2. bobbak
3. SoCalpinoy86
4. Marv17
6. Cooljess76

ElfinForest318ti
09-07-2007, 06:02 AM
http://www.germanautofest.com/
I'm driving up Friday morning, hopefully beat the weekend traffic.

Marv17
09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey. I have this lil generator somewhere in my backyard shed. should I bring it to the meet? could run some music off the laptop or power up whatever needed.

HuGo
09-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Ok see you guys tommorow. Remember, ihop between 8:30-8:55 because we are leaving at 9am.

Garik is already flaking. Thats a second meet in a row.
Lazoh isnt coming either.
So far thats 2 that i know off.

Dont forget guys to bring money for the shirts, food and gas.

If you guys need my cell ## send me a PM.

Im sure everyone already knows where Ihop is at. But just incase....

2227 N Figueroa St
Los Angeles CA 90065

Marv17
09-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah. Garik is a flaker. Eh if he doesnt want to go. let him be. he knew that something was gonna happen for the 2nd saturday. and i thought he was gonna take over after hugo went on to the academy. lol.
Garik go already even for a lil while. gotta see them corners on now that u took of the corner delete.

lazoh
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Sorry guys!!! I wish I could go but I'm typing this message from my hotel room in Guatemala city. :( I will make the next one though!!! Have fun guys and hope to see you all at the next meet!!

Marv, take the generator bro, music is always good to have :)

Bobbak
09-08-2007, 12:00 AM
ill get the cups and forks and plates and just for hugo the pineapple soda (3 liter) then mark for music i dont thing we need music we can just use someones car and blast music (mine),

and speaking of nothing check out my new TI decals!!!

HuGo
09-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Well i gotta see it in person to give my opinion.

cooljess76
09-08-2007, 05:04 AM
Just finished waxing my car. Note to self: NEVER BUY ANOTHER BLACK CAR!!! Anyway, I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. Gino, did you get your car back? If so, remember to bring that lip or give it to Hugo if you can't make it. Garik, WTF just come up here as soon as you can. Bring cameras guys. I'll bring an ice chest and some drinks.

HuGo
09-08-2007, 06:06 AM
Dude wtf? How come im not getting email notifications anymore?

Anyway, yea gino got his car fixed and he said its a 50 50 for tommorow.

cooljess76
09-09-2007, 04:17 AM
Well atleast half of you guys showed. Had a great time, I took some really good pics, I'll post them in my gallery for you guys. HuGo and Bobby got to drive my Ti before it fell apart. The battery died and the window fell of track:mad: Yep it's a Ti alright:rolleyes: Bobby's speaker blew up, almost caught his car on fire, and some guy peeled part of his LTW decal off:wink: HuGo's hatch fell on his head:eek: My doggy had fun at the park, Hugo tried to drift my car with the ASC "ON":confused: and we met some really cool Ti fans, Noah and Emily from Wisc"aan"sin:biggrin: All in all it was a beautiful day in Ventura California. I really enjoyed hangin out with you guys. This meet wasn't about the cars, it was more of a chillin with the homies kinda day. Sorry it was so crowded, usually we don't get much traffic through here. Thanks for coming out Marv, HuGo, Jeff and Bobby, see ya next month!

HuGo
09-09-2007, 04:52 AM
I just got home. LONG DRIVE! Well not really, but these guys drive like turtles :mad:

The hatch didnt fall on my head :tongue:

Yea i didnt know your car had the ASC, but did you see that bad ass 360 i did :smile:

HuGo
09-09-2007, 04:52 AM
Will post pics later.

cooljess76
09-09-2007, 05:14 AM
I just got home. LONG DRIVE! Well not really, but these guys drive like turtles :mad:

The hatch didnt fall on my head :tongue:

Yea i didnt know your car had the ASC, but did you see that bad ass 360 i did :smile:
78's the magic number(mph) and I'm just messin with you about the hatch and the ASC. That 360 was sweet, I wish I could have got a video of that. What about Bobby throwing those kids off the jungle gym so he could ride the swing:biggrin: Oh yeah, I have that CKY video. I'll bring it next time so you guys could see the power of poop.

Marv17
09-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Hey. I dont drive slow hugo. On PCH my radar detector thing picked up a few cops on the sides. thats why i drove the speed limit for a while and plus its the other two that have trouble keeping up.
anyway. ill post some pics later. We all need to create a Ti photobucket that we all have access to, i think. or something.