PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?

cooljess76
09-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Or is this site running significantly slower? My cpu is a piece of crap, but I have a high speed cable connection. While other sites run normal, 318ti.org takes like 30 seconds to load pages. What up with that? I just deleted cookies, temp files, logged out, defragged, reset the cache and shutdown/rebooted. Still, this is the only site that runs slowwww. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues or if it's time for me to smash this piece of junk sitting next to my foot.

edit; BTW it's been doing this for about 2 days now:anger:

DustenT
09-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Works fine for me.

1996 328ti
09-11-2007, 02:51 PM
I think it is running slower too.
It might be the new ad links I'm running.
I think it will speed up once the site is indexed.
If not I'll remove it or disable it for site supporters.
Give it a little time. I don't think it's your computer.

Edit: I installed it 2 days ago.
Coincidence? I think not.
Like I said, let's give it a few more days to see if it smooths out.

cooljess76
09-11-2007, 02:58 PM
hmm, it's probably my computer then. I cleaned up the c drive, deleted a couple hundred pics and free'd up some files, but I can't understand why it just started happening all of a sudden. I've been looking for an excuse to take this thing out into the street and stomp the crap out of it for a while, I guess the time has come:chainsaw::biggrin: It's a PentiumII with Windows'98, lol. I wish I knew a little more about computers, I'd overclock it and melt it down:tongue:

edit; okay Steven, but my computers days are numbered, lol. It told me to tell you thanks for saving it's life.

cooljess76
09-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Hello Steven, Jesse keeps kicking me and it's only a matter of time before he loses it and destroys me for good. If he wasn't such of a cheapskate, he would have retired me years ago instead of wasting all of his money on his ugly car which I shall add, is outdated also. You saved my life and I owe you BIGTIME! I'll live another day to torment my a-hole owner:twisted:
:wink:BTW, this site effin rocks!!!

Marv17
09-11-2007, 05:41 PM
what i've noticed about this site is that some words are unlined yellow and if i put the cursor over it an advertizement shows up saying "what more info" or "looking for ""..."" " I figured it was a new supportor of some sort (dunno much about running a site) But as for speed, my laptop is doing fine. its loading like in 5 to 10 seconds.