PDA

View Full Version : just bought CAI

ChItalian1027
09-13-2007, 11:45 PM
anybody got directions on how to install this thing??? i want to know where i should put my horns

also y do i oil the filter???

thanks guys!!

trickiekid
09-14-2007, 01:56 AM
I did the dual intake mod, no CAI for me. You oil the filter because its actually the oil that traps the dirt and grime from my understanding.

Marv17
09-14-2007, 04:32 AM
its actually pretty simple once u find out what to do. But didnt it come with some sort of intructions with the CAI? if not i can try to help u out. could email ya it u want.
but first what kind kind of CAI did u get? cuz all i know is how to install the cosmo CAI.

ChItalian1027
09-16-2007, 06:17 AM
i got the $135 evo 3.5in intake.

haven't opened it yet so i don't know if it did come wit instructions i just want to know where i should put the horns when i do the install

thanks!!!

Philly
09-16-2007, 05:24 PM
take a look at L8's gallery, i believe he has some good pictures of relocating the horn.... although i could be mistaken

Marv17
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
In the instructions it tells u where to put them. its on the side where the cruise control is at. i had to find nuts and bolts of my own to secure them down. and it tells u how to cut the brake air duct. the hardest part is putting on the filter from the wheel well or under the car. if u need help pm me. cuz mine came with intructions so urs should come with it too.

ChItalian1027
09-23-2007, 05:56 AM
thanks marv!!
thanks guys!!

Marv17
09-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah no problem.
im not sure if i addressed this but just in case... ya put the horn where the cruise control is at. I just used a bracket to extend from the stock bracket there and bolted on the horn to it. ill see if i have pics of it, but right now i had to re-relocate the horn cuz of the depo headlights i installed so i gotta find a new spot for it. then you take of the wheel well plastic covering or the one at bottom of the car and take out the air duct. u do so because thats the easiest way to fit the filter on. the CAI came with a bracket as well, so what i did is that i took a pair of pliars and bent it to fit to the same bracket that the cruise control is on as well. easiest spot that i found.
anyway hope this somewhat helps u out. good luck. hope u like the outcome of the intake, itll make it sound a bit better when u hit that gas.
take some pics.

ChItalian1027
09-24-2007, 02:00 AM
thanks marv i haven't really had the time to open my CAI out of the box. My dads going to help me w/ it as well as my stromung.

don't really know how to upload pics but will do that!!