PDA

View Full Version : okay so who would go if....??

Marv17
09-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Alright. So as most of us know. The SoCal group tends to meet up once a month. I've seen pics and heard about them ever since I joined this site, basically the same time it started out. I saw that there were like 15 Ti's at the first one and 10 Ti's or so at the second one. Unfortunately I wasnt able to make those first two however I have been able to go to the past two months. So far its been cool and I think its a good way of passing time and passing information and helping eachother out. So I've been thinking about why no more than like 5 Ti guys have been meeting up. I came up with the conclusion of maybe ya had work or out of town, etc. Or even just too far of a drive for you to go to. I dunno. Whatever your reason is...
Anyway I wanted to ask the So. Californian ppl if the meet was more local, other than around LA would you go? Or where would u guys like to meet at, in what area?
Ppl have asked me to hold it at my house, but I dunno if ppl would even come. And i'll have to clear some stuff out of the backyard driveway and stuff. I'd be willing to go thru the work of doing so if ppl would be down to show. I live in the 562 area/90706/off of the 605 and 91 freeways. Its basically between the OC and LA.
So i guess this is a poll? of who'd go...
Or if anyone else has an idea...

ashylarry
09-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm down in the 562 area. Ventura is just too far for me and ive been really busy

Bobbak
09-24-2007, 10:03 AM
im 20 mins away we can BBq every weekend ill bring the hotdogs and hamburgers :) u bring the pineapple soda (Hugo) :)

cooljess76
09-24-2007, 06:17 PM
It seems like many people have the attitude that "I could not show to this one and nobody will miss me." What people don't understand is that it kills a meet, tunrning it from a 15 car gathering to a 5 car gathering just because a couple people flake. We usually put the word out well in advance and you could usually bank on the second Saturday of every month being a meet. That being known, why make other plans? It's simple, people just don't give a crap. It's not only that you're missing out, the whole group is missing out because someone thought it was more important to stay home and play video games or whatever. It's one thing if you have to work or your car is broke, it's another thing if you don't even ask for the time off and your car is dirty and you don't feel like washing it. Last nights GTG was never intended to be a meet, but more so a suspension clinic for one of our beloved members. If nothing else, people were invited to come up and learn about their cars and get a little greasy. So I don't blame anyone for not showing last night, but please try to come to the monthly meets. Ventura isn't that far and it'll probably be a long time before we hold another one up here, but I drive down from Ventura every month! Those who flaked on the September 8th meet really missed out and you screwed your fellow members over. Sure it still went down and we had a good time, but only 5 ti's showed up and it wasn't as great as it could have been. Anyway, last night was a success since we accomplished what we were going for and HuGo and Garik learned a lot about installing suspension and alternators. It was nice having you guys over and helping a Bradah save some cash while hooking up a fellow members ride at the same time! Thanks for dinner and Marv, if you have a GTG at your crib, you can definitely count me in! I don't mind the drive. Unlike some people, I love driving my Ti. Lets go to Vegas!!!

BTW Marv, I need a pic of you to add to my signature. I'll put you next to Garik since I have 2 pics of Jeff.

ashylarry
09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
yo I was too busy painting my ti myself as you can see from my other thread. My car was out of commision for a cool minute, thats why I couldnt make it. I also have a basketball league on the weekends (a game either saturday or sunday) hence making a local meet more reasonable. My ti is almost done right now, I just gotta colorsand, cut, and buff. will have pics up soon.

Marv17
09-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah, and im sry for not being able to go in time to jesse's place. i shouldve went. but maybe in the next meet u can bring down the tools cuz then we can hook bob's or my ride up with some springs. really wanna help bob out on his first. if he cant do it or is not ready then ill be down... thats if its alright. Or some other kind of group project.
ill have an answer for tonight about maybe having it at my place. Hugo keeps saying its big enough for like 10 or more ppl to come. :-/ we'll see if anyone would even come. Hey ashylarry, think you could help me out on a paint job? i wanna touch up the whole car and i'd like to learn or maybe even do my car sometime this year.
if i cant do it at my house, theres a park a block away from me that we could do it at.
and Garik, u gotta go to this one man. havent seen u at any that ive been to... dont flake on us man, u know its coming.

but so far the ppl i know who'd go for sure:
1) Bobbak
2) Jesse
3) Hugo
4) Jeff - I think he'd go, since he's local from me
5) Ashylarry - said he'll go
6) Harold - if he's in town
7) Me, Marv
8) Garik - if he decides to go
who else would be down?

ashylarry
09-24-2007, 11:13 PM
yeah, you just gotta buy the paint. I got the high end hvlp gravity feed and a big Devilbiss Compressor. I did everything in my garage that could barely fit a ti in there. I'll let you know because my buddy is about to paint his gsr soon because we went in 50/50 on the equipment. I gotta do my brakes and ill bring my tools with me if went can do it at your house. (I've never done brakes on a bmw before)
If you still havent installed your headlights yet, i can definately help you as well as I just installed my gen iv depos/dde raptor angel eyes/apexcone 8000k hids recently.
My colorline is beautiful, and the light output is pure white

Marv17
09-25-2007, 01:42 AM
oh. well we'll see who knows how to do that, i havnt done a brake change myself either. i have the headlights taken care of already, they look awesome. but yeah, how much does paint run for for the car?

lkwd318ti
09-25-2007, 02:10 AM
I just recently redid my brakes...It's pretty easy once you get through the first corner.
If I can help you guys, the only thing is that I need is free time :(
School on the weekdays and work on the weekends isn't really time friendly to me...
I've noticed that once there's a meet that happens often (weekly, bi monthly or monthly) the population of the meet tends to go down.
I go to the UCI meet every week and it used to have 20-30 cars...
but it slowly came down to only 6 cars or what not.
It didn't really kill the meet since all 6 of us are friends.
The same thing went for the South and Gridley bi-monthly meet in Cerritos.
My coworker was telling me that the first ones had 30 cars or more, but now it reduced to an average of 10 (I think that's what he told me).
I'm pretty local and if the meet and my free time matches up I might be able to make it.

-Randy

saintse36
09-25-2007, 03:42 AM
I am down since it local i am in teh 909 area so let me know when this is going down keep me updated and Jesse i need to meet up with so i hook you up woth the lip let me know on my email ok brother

Marv17
09-29-2007, 10:14 PM
alright well here's the thread for the meet in october ...http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18428

cooljess76
10-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Jesse i need to meet up with so i hook you up with the lip let me know on my email ok brother
Thanks anyway bro, I'm just gonna buy one. I thought you said you were gonna bring it to the July meet, then the September meet, then you were going to give it to Hugo when he came up with Garik and then we were supposed to meet up sometime before October? It's cool, the calendar deadline is tomorrow and I guess I have a whole year to get one now. Thanks anyway, maybe someone else can use it:cool: I'll probably end up buying this one:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/cooljess76/8bd786b5.jpg

Marv17
10-08-2007, 10:04 AM
well if jesse is gonna do that. i'll take the lip off your hands. you still coming to the meet right saintse36?

HuGo
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
LMAO like the lip would have increased your chances on the calendar :icon_poke

cooljess76
10-09-2007, 11:35 PM
LMAO like the lip would have increased your chances on the calendar :icon_poke
Lol, I know. But after looking at the photos submitted, I could have submitted a picture of my car with bird sh!t on the hood and still came in 12th place. It's just a 40 dollar piece of plastic, I'm over it. I could care less about the lip or the calendar. There's always next year:cool:

HuGo
10-10-2007, 07:36 AM
I could have submitted a picture of my car with bird sh!t on the hood and still came in 12th place.

OUCH!!!!

Yea, there's some haters on here who are hating on my pics and putting something less than 3's when i know that is not what they trully think my pics are in their hearts.

cooljess76
10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
OUCH!!!!

Yea, there's some haters on here who are hating on my pics and putting something less than 3's when i know that is not what they trully think my pics are in their hearts.
I didn't mean it like that, your car looks sweet, but there's only 26 entries. 4 of which are your car and 3 of which are SoCal group photos. If they only chose one of each(hypothetically, not assuming they will) that still only leaves 19 other entries to fill 10 spots. And also, what happens if your car gets picked more than once? I think that's the main reason why people are rating your car so low, because they don't want it to take up 4 pages on the calendar. Same with the SoCal group photos, imagine if all of the submissions from SoCal members were selected, there'd only be like 2 or 3 spots for other members. There are a few nice photos, but there's a lot of BS ones too. That's why I said that it wouldn't be hard to get in the top 12.

HuGo
10-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I was laughing at the bird sh!t part. Meaning, your car could look sh!t and youll still beat others. That's how i read it, lmao.