PDA

View Full Version : suspension in

M3_KILL3R
09-24-2007, 11:35 PM
well after 6 hours of hard work jess and his awesomeness got my suspension installed!! well just a quick camera phone pic of how it turned out. It handels MUCH better now and it looks wayy better. On the pic of the springs the one on the far left is the H&R sports, the middle are the Mtech and the one on the far right are stock Ti springs....its a cingular commercial hahaha

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/garik23/0923071758.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/garik23/0924071531.jpg

the governor
09-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Looks good!

Marv17
09-25-2007, 01:40 AM
whats springs did you end up installing in?

M3_KILL3R
09-25-2007, 05:01 AM
i ended up installing the m-techs even though hugo and i had a long hard debate and going back and forth on the h&rs i just decided to go with the mtechs. i gotta say i love the ride!

cooljess76
09-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Looks good G! I wonder if those were mine to begin with? Ask Blood if he got them from a guy in AZ.

HuGo
09-25-2007, 06:49 AM
i ended up installing the m-techs even though hugo and i had a long hard debate and going back and forth on the h&rs i just decided to go with the mtechs. i gotta say i love the ride!

If you think mtech's handle great, just imagine what H&R's could do :rolleyes:

That first strut/spring was a b/itch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took like 2 and a half hours on that one alone. We were so close to not even doing it to begin with. But we found out that f*cked up tool that did the trick, LMAO

The best part i got to say was when i called you under "blocked" and you got all scared.

Anyway, garik, so what did your parents say? Was the officer waiting at your house? LoL! :weee:

Marv17
09-25-2007, 07:30 AM
oh. sweet. made a difference for u. hmmm...now im tempted to update my suspension. well at least the springs.
well looks good garik. btw u gonna come down next month?

HuGo
09-25-2007, 07:32 AM
oh. sweet. made a difference for u. hmmm...now im tempted to update my suspension. well at least the springs.
well looks good garik. btw u gonna come down next month?

Dude, you dont want to do JUST springs. If your going H&R's, then go with bilsteins as well.

Marv17
09-25-2007, 07:35 AM
yeah, i will. i know that. ill do that eventually. but i was wondering if it'd rub if i got 18s put on too.

HuGo
09-25-2007, 07:37 AM
yeah, i will. i know that. ill do that eventually. but i was wondering if it'd rub if i got 18s put on too.

I have 18s and they dont rub. If they do, then just roll the fenders. I spent like 700 bucks on everything. So be ready for that. Let me know when your ready and ill point you in the right direction for cheap prices.

Marv17
09-25-2007, 07:54 AM
alright for sure bro. thanks. but i think at the next meet if bobbak has the money for the springs we should help him out or something. or maybe another time.

Bobbak
09-25-2007, 08:03 AM
looks good :)

cooljess76
09-25-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm down to do the install! BTW, the first strut took so long because I HAD to keep stopping to change the alternator and look for pizza coupons. Not to mention that the breaker bar was 1/2" drive and the only 18mm socket I had was 1/2" drive, so I had to take the socket off of the breaker bar and rotate it 90 degrees between each turn because the breaker bar was too long. Until I got them loose enough, then I just used a 19mm on a ratchet. We got really lucky with the strut hat nuts. They were a different size than the ones on my car, so that special tool that I borrowed didn't work. Fortunately a regular socket worked without spinning the strut piston. And then to make things better, the alternator didn't want to fit because it had a thicker machined bushing than the one we removed. A little coaxing with the dremel and she slid right in. All in all it was fun, but everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong and we still got it done. It just took a little longer than expected and we didn't exactly have daylight on our side. But hey, atleast it didn't rain! I've done it so many times, I could literally do it with my eyes closed, provided I have the right tools. And even then I could probably still get it done with just a couple peeks.

HuGo
09-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I still wouldn't want to do it myself. F that, imagine that hat comes right off and takes your head away :eek: I still dont trust the spring compressor :tongue: