PDA

View Full Version : stromung exhaust

thursdayrockstar
09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
hey, i bought the stromung 318ti exhaust....it is sitting in my pool house locked away untill i have time this weekend to put it on. i just wanted to know from those of you who had it, how loud is it???? is it at least loud enough to get some satisfaction to hearing it inside the cabin? and is it a nice deep sound???

lemme know....
-Mike

Viper3812
09-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes and yes.

Variance
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
It's definately loud enough to hear it well in the cabin. As for a nice deep sound, eh... Maybe it was just the one I heard, but it was very Honda-ish, with quite a bit of ricer rasp, although not fartcan bad.

thursdayrockstar
09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
yeah.... I have borla exhausts on my A4.... I was just hoping that it would sound as good is the A4 does...

marko
09-27-2007, 06:16 PM
loud, yes... deep, so so.
you'll hear it in the cabin, all right... though you may not hear your radio.

Storminmike
09-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I love the sound of the Stromung but I can't seem to find anywhere in Great Britain that sells them

Do they go under a different name of can they only be bought from the USA or Germany?

thursdayrockstar
09-27-2007, 09:55 PM
No, but i'll sell you mine and ship it to you brand new in the box if you want... then i'll just go across the street to eurotech and pick another one up :)

Philly
09-27-2007, 10:30 PM
an inline motor will never sound honduh-ish...
mine isn't raspy, maybe the one your heard had a bad cat Variance :?
mine has kind of a hollowish noise to it, that i enjoy...

you'll be pleased with the sound if your car is running well.. its way louder in the car that outta the car from my experience... sounds good when u walk it up to redline

and my radio has no problems drowning out the sound of the exhaust :? :?
You must have really got stuck hard Marko

elfhearse
09-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Initially I thought it sounded a bit "fart can-ish" but after a few months it has improved and reminds me more of my old 72 TR6 :rolleyes:

ChItalian1027
09-28-2007, 06:23 AM
i didn't get the time to install mine i just went onto youtube looked up bmw stromung and got some really good clips!

marko
09-28-2007, 01:32 PM
no probs... :biggrin: I think I got it figured out. place in NJ called Mufflex (trenton) does custom fabrication (for a reasonable price I hear). I'll take the Stromung POS there, & have them replace the 2.25 inch piping with 2.0 (or even maybe 1.75 stock size - only mandrel bent), while keeping the Stromung back box. hope that'll drown it a bit...

You must have really got stuck hard Marko

Philly
09-28-2007, 03:28 PM
you could always get your resonator from the stocker installed on the new pipe, im sure that would hush it up a little bit

i don't mind my sound, i can't say i love it but i definitly don't hate it... and FWIW, kickass, my exhaust didn't sound much like those understeer vids

marko
09-28-2007, 04:16 PM
just spoke to the guys @ Mufflex & they'll charge me about $200 to swipe the piping... not cheap, but better than 'writing off' $500 I already spent on the POS.

I should have just spent $650 the first time around and gotten a SS system from Bavarian Autosport. but hey, live & learn, right? :tongue:

you could always get your resonator from the stocker installed on the new pipe, im sure that would hush it up a little bit

i don't mind my sound, i can't say i love it but i definitly don't hate it... and FWIW, kickass, my exhaust didn't sound much like those understeer vids

ChItalian1027
09-29-2007, 06:34 AM
yeah i know i don't really know what my sounds like yet haven't had the time to put the damn thing on o well