PDA

View Full Version : New Mod

HuGo
09-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Well it isn't really a mod but its something i HAD to do.

So the other i was on my way to school and i saw this Honda hatch. I see that the car had something hanging from its rear bumper. When i cought up i saw that he was draging a BMW Roundel. I was like wtf? We hit like a small dip and the bmw roundel smacked the floor. I got next to him and i nodded my head up. He laughed, down shifted, and cut me off like crazy. I was like F that. It was a must... so i downshifted and got next to him again. He gunned it and i gunned it and pulled on him. So after i saw he couldnt keep up anymore i just stopped. He cought up next to me and i looked at him again and i just nodded my head in a "no" fashion. I wasn't surprised that he flipped me off and left. This was in an empty freeway going opposite of downtown LA like at 8:50am so there's no traffic at all.

I know i shouldn't have raced but, common, draging the roundel on the floor, yet alone cuts me off almost hitting me in the fender. There was no risk of having someone's life in danger so i said the hell with it.

That's one story. Then a guy at work is always saying my car is a POS and what not and he drives a honda. I knew he was a little punk so i asked him to race me and he's always saying "race my friend" Common now, if your going to talk sh!t about my car then why dont YOU race me and not have your friend's do it for you. I mean i can do the same and say race my friend's 335.

I know there are some faster honda's out there like there are faster BMW's out there as well.

Anyway, i was bored and for laughs and kicks i decided to put this on my vehicle to piss of the guy from work and for all the honda's that hit me up all the time. Oh BTW, this is the same guy that says when his friend's VTEC kicks in, the tires start to peel out. So i tell him when my VANOS kicks in (on the 325) my car starts doing 360s.

I didn't like the fact that someone had a BMW roundel draging on the ground so now im going to do the same. The funny part was that the honda couldn't even beat one of the slowest BMW's made. Ive beaten so many hondas at the track as well.

LoL I know garik is going to get mad, but what are you going to do? Drag a BMW Roundel?

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/HondaDrag.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/hondadrag1.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/hondadrag2.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/hondadrag3.jpg

HuGo
09-27-2007, 11:48 PM
It's not draging on the floor...its like an inch above the floor. But when i hit a dip or go up a drive way...SCRAPE!

3DGE
09-28-2007, 12:20 AM
You calif people are weird :)

M3_KILL3R
09-28-2007, 12:32 AM
hugo come on now......your just as low as the ricers! and i like hondas

:biggrin:

HuGo
09-28-2007, 12:44 AM

Yes we are :smile:

HuGo
09-28-2007, 12:46 AM
hugo come on now......your just as low as the ricers! and i like hondas

:biggrin:

You should get the S2K.

Then just put intake, header,exhaust, direct port nitrous with a chip and youll be hitting 8s :eek::eek::eek::eek:

saintse36
09-28-2007, 12:54 AM
haha that is so funny rice is so funny. Anyways i like the honda logo Hugo. Classic but the point is that JDM cars are always loud and missing some kinda of part on there body. So when teh next meet peps i need to knwo

M3_KILL3R
09-28-2007, 01:11 AM
haha that is so funny rice is so funny. Anyways i like the honda logo Hugo. Classic but the point is that JDM cars are always loud and missing some kinda of part on there body. So when teh next meet peps i need to knwo

hey geno i tried calling you no answer! listen i have rims and tires. style 45s with brand new tires. same as the july meet. the tires have 3 weeks on them with the marks still on them. if you want ill sell them to u for 400....i got everything for 850

HuGo
09-28-2007, 01:14 AM
hey geno i tried calling you no answer! listen i have rims and tires. style 45s with brand new tires. same as the july meet. the tires have 3 weeks on them with the marks still on them. if you want ill sell them to u for 400....i got everything for 850

PM or phone call. Ok kool thanks.

M3_KILL3R
09-28-2007, 01:22 AM
PM or phone call. Ok kool thanks.

too bad i cant PM him and i already tried calling him thanks hugo for help tho:biggrin:

HuGo
09-28-2007, 01:24 AM
too bad i cant PM him and i already tried calling him thanks hugo for help tho:biggrin:

I told you to text him. Did you try texting him?

Anyway, lets not start shifting here....

thursdayrockstar
09-28-2007, 01:38 AM
torque kills, but a honda :)

thursdayrockstar
09-28-2007, 01:40 AM
FWD JDM sucks

Philly
09-28-2007, 01:44 AM
hugo,

dyno your car.. i wanna know what kinda power ur putting down with all those goodies

the honda emblem looks foolish btw..

HuGo
09-28-2007, 02:15 AM
hugo,

dyno your car.. i wanna know what kinda power ur putting down with all those goodies

You want to sponsor me with some of the cost :smile:

lazoh
09-28-2007, 02:38 AM
I love this story since I know exactly what HuGo went trough with that JDM clown with the roundel hanging. I would have done the same and I just might hang a Honda emblem as well (when I get my DASC!). HuGo when is the next meet? By the way I'm showing the MINI at the DUB show this weekend.

HuGo
09-28-2007, 02:50 AM
I love this story since I know exactly what HuGo went trough with that JDM clown with the roundel hanging. I would have done the same and I just might hang a Honda emblem as well (when I get my DASC!). HuGo when is the next meet? By the way I'm showing the MINI at the DUB show this weekend.

Welcome back :smile:

I dont know why people still ask me for the meets. Let me clarify ONCE again...

Im at eagle rock every wednesday nights for the "euro" meet.
THE SOCAL TI MEET IS EVERY SECOND SATURDAY OF THE MONTH! unless there's an event and we must reschedule.

BTW, dude get the DASC already! That way we both can sport the Honda Emblem!!!!!!! on the ground grinding :biggrin:

I also have an Acura emblem, i dont know if i should hang that one too :rolleyes: Nah, i actually like Acuras. Maybe not the drivers but the cars are kool.

lkwd318ti
09-28-2007, 04:23 AM
dude...honestly, I would remove it...
It would just cause you more trouble.
I wouldn't be surprised if honda fanatics would key up your car...
and I know you know already, but Acuras are Hondas too ya know, so it's pretty much the same thing as if you were hanging the Acura emblem on your car.
FWD JDM sucks?
In the mid 90's the Honda Prelude for best handling car for under $30000, according to Car and Driver's "Best handling cars under $30k" article.

marleymon
09-28-2007, 04:56 AM

man I agree....O.J......robert blake...spector....wanna kill someone? I guess you better do it in cali...? wtf...jk....

but yeah...hugo someone is gonna key your ride with that hanging there....i'd pull it.

cooljess76
09-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Let it go. It's not worth getting shot over. I've owned Hondas and they were great cars. I like the Bimmer more, but think about those Honda owners who have never driven a BMW and will probably never get to for that matter. They don't know any better, but you and I do. There's always gonna be a rivalry between JDM and DTM. Just like Ford and Chevy. Also keep in mind that you don't just drive any ol' Bimmer, you drive a Ti and most people don't even know they exist. Not to mention their handling ability, weight distribution, balance, overall capability and the fact that you're boosted! Let em laugh, think they're the shiet, whatever. They'll never understand and if by some chance they get behind the wheel of a Ti, they'll feel dumb that they even compared their car against it. Civics and Preludes are a dime a dozen, the only badge that really matters is the one on the right corner of your hatch.

BTW, I get it all the time from all sorts of cars. Stangs, Vettes, Ricers, Heck even other Bimmers. They see you rollin on sport suspension and low profile tires and they wanna race. Sure sometimes I'll give it a go if there's no one around. I usually tear them up in the corners, but I never bank on beating anyone on the freeway. I'm happy knowing that my car looks cooler and is more fun to drive than most of the other stuff out there.

lazoh
09-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Welcome back :smile:

I dont know why people still ask me for the meets. Let me clarify ONCE again...

Im at eagle rock every wednesday nights for the "euro" meet.
THE SOCAL TI MEET IS EVERY SECOND SATURDAY OF THE MONTH! unless there's an event and we must reschedule.

BTW, dude get the DASC already! That way we both can sport the Honda Emblem!!!!!!! on the ground grinding :biggrin:

I also have an Acura emblem, i dont know if i should hang that one too :rolleyes: Nah, i actually like Acuras. Maybe not the drivers but the cars are kool.

Glad to be back!!! But technically I'm still out of SoCal territory, I just landed from Mexico yesterday and just flew to NorCal this morning. Going home saturday afternoon so that I can make the DUB show!!! Speaking of the DASC, didn't you mentioned to me that they were not producing any new kits due to high demand or backorders??? I beleive you said that they wilol not take any new order 'til the end of october? Let me know and see you soon!

HuGo
09-28-2007, 07:17 AM
shot? HA! not me homie.

Anyway, of coarse im going to pull it out. Thats why i tied it with a shoe string :smile:. When ever i park my car or im away from my car, ill take it off. Of coarse i dont want to get keyed. I dont think they can key while in fast motion. My car is to shiny and waxed with new paint job to get keyed at all :cool:

I know theyre going to key my car. For the same reason why i didnt get the FKHONDA license plate :rolleyes:

BTW, its not permanent. Its just for kicks.

HuGo
09-28-2007, 07:19 AM
I know you know already, but Acuras are Hondas too ya know.

Yes i know its the same BUT the cars with the A emblem are A LOT nicer than the cars with the H emblem. Get my drift?

I would get a Acura tsx but i wont get a Honda Accord.

AutoM3otives
09-28-2007, 02:08 PM
I would get a Acura tsx but i wont get a Honda Accord.

They're the same car. Just not here.

teetime4one
09-28-2007, 02:33 PM
ROTFL
i am in Colorado and have yet to see an emblem hanging from the rear-end of any car.
we have cowpokes here that hang these brightly colored set of Bulls-Balls from their trailer hitch. lol
i know that SoCal is ahead of the curve where customizing cars is involved.
but, isn't there also a high turnover of kids out West who'd love to shoot someone for their ride or what they put on it?
i'd error on the side of safety and let someone else hang (what will eventually get them hemmed up for) stuff off their rear-end.
and CoolJess hit it on the head...we drive ti's...they'll never get it!

Philly
09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
You want to sponsor me with some of the cost :smile:

aw come on dude, you got all this money to buy NickG and everything else you got, are you trying to tell me you can't pony up $50-70 for a dyno run? :rolleyes:

forget us curious folk, but wouldn't YOU like to know what sorta numbers you have under the hood?

HuGo
09-28-2007, 06:40 PM
They're the same car. Just not here.

Ok but i live here and not over there :smile:

HuGo
09-28-2007, 06:44 PM
aw come on dude, you got all this money to buy NickG and everything else you got, are you trying to tell me you can't pony up $50-70 for a dyno run? :rolleyes:

forget us curious folk, but wouldn't YOU like to know what sorta numbers you have under the hood?

Haha. But the NickG thing is for me, for my car, for me to abuse and enjoy :rolleyes:

But as far as dyno goes, it'll be for everyone so it wont just be for me anymore since everyone will enjoy. So cough up 5 bucks :icon_poke :biggrin:

No but seriously i will dyno, once i figure out how i can actually get the 10lbs of boost that i should be having.

M3_KILL3R
09-29-2007, 07:59 AM
check your belts! swap them out im pretty sure its from that!!!!!! and check your fueling you just might not be running rich enough :confused::confused:

JoeyBello
09-29-2007, 10:33 AM
That was an interesting story- when I had my modified Dodge Neon I hated Honda's and all the Rice Boys who thought throwing a muffler on a 92hp civic with automatic, made it fast - and all that crap- but since then I have owned 2 Acura's and an Si. They have the best shifting tranny and clutch out there I think. (all Honda's) Bmw's are pretty nice too tho- I think VW is the worse!! They release sooo high. But hey Hugo.. wanna race.. hatch vs hatch? lol http://a741.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/82/l_9d05917707973a104c71e3887c19222c.jpg

JoeyBello
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
http://a634.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/l_aea9ceba46a157fb69bc1c2a0ed966b9.jpg

I VTEC LOL

and here's a picture of the original Rice Burner lol I gotta show you the 2 decals I had on the rear window... One was the dude pissing on the Honda Symbol and another was him giving the finger with Rice Burner int he background lol At the time this was cutting edge.. right when the whole import racing scene started.. when it was impossible to fine parts for 4cyl's and the clear lights and all that were just starting to come out.. not like now where they got stuff for every car lol :tongue:

http://a440.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/l_33b106c291d4946ce599b64f4163a0c7.jpg

JoeyBello
09-29-2007, 10:55 AM
I had to respond to the comment about other BMW owners.. it seems like every time I run into an M3 they want to race, maybe its because I have the Sport and it looks like an m3? Or maybe they just want to prove its the "welfare" BMW and not a real M?? But I was driving to work on the highway the other day and some idiot in a 98-2003 style accord was behind me - I was in the left lane going probably 70 or 75 but there was some traffic so sometimes i slowed up a bit and a few times this accord would get right up my ass and I could tell he was messing with me.. so once it cleared up I moved into the middled lane and floored it.. they did too but I was too far ahead.. so all of a sudden I pass an Silver e46 M3 who was in the right lane going pretty slow- must have noticed me and then the accord and sped up.. I saw him coming and Kinda waited for him when he pulled next to me I was going over 100- now I don't know if he was scared? (it was a wide open highway without many cars tho):confused: or what but he didn't go any faster - just rode next to me until i down shifted into 4th and left him.. I have never drive an M3 but I would think they would smoke us? But this is the 2nd or 3rd one that has messed with me on the highway the others were e36's- does it ahve anything to do with how fast we were going? I know 0-60 and 1/4 times mean alot on the street from a stop or whatever.. but what about once u already going pretty fast.. I think a car needs to be alot faster and powerful to really "run away" once ur moving.. but the difference between the ti and m3 is huge.. so i don't get it.

Let it go. It's not worth getting shot over. I've owned Hondas and they were great cars. I like the Bimmer more, but think about those Honda owners who have never driven a BMW and will probably never get to for that matter. They don't know any better, but you and I do. There's always gonna be a rivalry between JDM and DTM. Just like Ford and Chevy. Also keep in mind that you don't just drive any ol' Bimmer, you drive a Ti and most people don't even know they exist. Not to mention their handling ability, weight distribution, balance, overall capability and the fact that you're boosted! Let em laugh, think they're the shiet, whatever. They'll never understand and if by some chance they get behind the wheel of a Ti, they'll feel dumb that they even compared their car against it. Civics and Preludes are a dime a dozen, the only badge that really matters is the one on the right corner of your hatch.

BTW, I get it all the time from all sorts of cars. Stangs, Vettes, Ricers, Heck even other Bimmers. They see you rollin on sport suspension and low profile tires and they wanna race. Sure sometimes I'll give it a go if there's no one around. I usually tear them up in the corners, but I never bank on beating anyone on the freeway. I'm happy knowing that my car looks cooler and is more fun to drive than most of the other stuff out there.

M3_KILL3R
09-29-2007, 07:24 PM
once your on the freeway the only thing that has you winding on reserve power is your torque. now an e46 or a e36 will kill any of us including hugo on the freeway. maybe on a start up we will shot out for half a car because of our lighter weight but as soon as they the m3s shift into 2nd their gaining 2 or 3 cars on us. our cars are not fast their quick but not fast. ive had an m3 play with me on the freeway and i have a chip so no governor. he was literally pushing me from the back drafting then shooting off on the side of me. now true be he was my friend and he was just messing with me. our cars just arnt meant for speed or a great pick up. their meant to get into those turns 10 cars away and make that gap into 2 cars. if you got a Ti to beat a Si or a RSX in a drag then you got it for the wrong reason.

HuGo
09-29-2007, 07:53 PM
But hey Hugo.. wanna race.. hatch vs hatch? lol http://a741.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/82/l_9d05917707973a104c71e3887c19222c.jpg

Civic (egg) Hatch Si's are slow.

HuGo
09-29-2007, 07:54 PM
a e36 will kill any of us including hugo on the freeway.

Dont be so quick to judge.

HuGo
09-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Joeybello that E46 was totally messing with you. I had an e46 and trust me there's is like no chance you could win.

M3_KILL3R
09-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Joeybello that E46 was totally messing with you. I had an e46 and trust me there's is like no chance you could win.

no way you can win and hugo i think the e36 m3 might be able to take you im not sure and ya the EGG Sis are really slow i took one by 2 cars :tongue:

HuGo
09-29-2007, 10:56 PM
no way you can win and hugo i think the e36 m3 might be able to take you im not sure and ya the EGG Sis are really slow i took one by 2 cars :tongue:

Then dont jump into conclusions :wink:

JoeyBello
09-30-2007, 01:07 AM
I know its common sense 138hp or whatever the Ti has vs 240 isn't going to win.. but I also had a turbo talon and on the highway it wasn't that fast.. so thats why I wondered. But as far as beating an Si by 2 cars with a Ti... yea right unless the ti was modded and the Si stock. I remember seeing a Car and Driver comparison back in 1995? The Ti Sport vs the Acura Integra GSR and the GSR beat the TI in like everything and was almost a second quicker in the 1/4 something like 16.5 or maybe even 16.8 to 15.7 or so.. and I had a 2001 GSR it was much quicker then the Ti and also my Si. Thats why I said the Si and Ti would be a good race. A stock 5spd Neon can beat a Ti so I know they aren't race cars.. I just always wanted a BMW and got a good deal on this, with only 83k. But my next car will definitely be another BMW either an e36 M3 or an E46 330 preferable AWD.

M3_KILL3R
09-30-2007, 01:14 AM
I know its common sense 138hp or whatever the Ti has vs 240 isn't going to win.. but I also had a turbo talon and on the highway it wasn't that fast.. so thats why I wondered. But as far as beating an Si by 2 cars with a Ti... yea right unless the ti was modded and the Si stock. I remember seeing a Car and Driver comparison back in 1995? The Ti Sport vs the Acura Integra GSR and the GSR beat the TI in like everything and was almost a second quicker in the 1/4 something like 16.5 or maybe even 16.8 to 15.7 or so.. and I had a 2001 GSR it was much quicker then the Ti and also my Si. Thats why I said the Si and Ti would be a good race. A stock 5spd Neon can beat a Ti so I know they aren't race cars.. I just always wanted a BMW and got a good deal on this, with only 83k. But my next car will definitely be another BMW either an e36 M3 or an E46 330 preferable AWD.

ey please read what your saying....a GSR is 170hp the Si is 160hp ....the gsr weight is 2667 and the Si is 2782. do you understand how the gsr can be faster? first of all with just my chip and exhaust i was able to play with that poor excuse of a Si. ive sat in moded GSR and i love them their amazing fast but not the Si. the Ti on the other hand is 140hp and 2,745. i think the number are pretty fair and seeing that the Ti has the same torque as both the hondas it has potential of taking them. and the reason the talon didnt feel quick on the freeway was because turbos stop spooling at high speeds your not running on any boost. your running on engine power alone. Sry the egg Si is the worst car ever built!

M3_KILL3R
09-30-2007, 01:15 AM
now if your referring to the 99 honda civic Si, with the B16 engine then ya that car is something else. id take that car in a heartbeat.

HuGo
09-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Ok girls lets calm down.

BTW, my Ti isnt 140hp lets just clear that up :smile:

HuGo
09-30-2007, 03:37 AM
A stock 5spd Neon can beat a Ti.

Dude, please slap yourself with that comment. Common man, a neon will not beat a Ti, lets get realistic here.

Jean H.318TI
09-30-2007, 06:17 AM
is only 80bucks

HuGo
09-30-2007, 06:22 AM
is only 80bucks

? :?

Jean H.318TI
09-30-2007, 06:24 AM
dude is a joke about that comment about the neon