PDA

View Full Version : October 2007 Meet SoCaL

HuGo
09-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok guys check this out. Our meets are always on the second saturday of the month. So the meet for the month of October is going to be on the 13th. There's a problem...I wont be able to host the meet for October. On that date, i have a CHP test i have to do. I still dont know at what time as of right now but im sure its going to be at around 1pm. I was thinking that you guys should hook up and ill stop by when i get out of the test. Itll be somewhere between 3:30-4:00pm.

I have no idea what we will do for the month of October but ill leave it up to you guys to decide. We were thinking of having it at Marv's house but i havent gotten a responce about that for the longest time.

Three options, ill leave it among you guys to decide and ill show up later, we can have the meet on sunday the 14th, or have it that same day but a little bit later like at 4pm?

(ive been getting sunday's off but im not even sure as of yet if ill get it off since i requested the 13th off)

SO ANYWAY, POST UP GUYS!

the governor
09-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Oct. 13th Irwindale has a drift event. I'll be there checking out the rice burners and the hot 16 yr. old action:rolleyes:

Marv17
09-29-2007, 05:21 PM
alright. dudes. we'll have it at my house in bellflower, the 90706. i havent asked if i can have it here yet cuz ive been at work and school and i come too late to even see my parents to ask. i'll be down to have it here but the thing is who is going to come?
also if i cant there's a park down the street we could have it at. so its a go. (green light)

HuGo
09-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Oct. 13th Irwindale has a drift event. I'll be there checking out the rice burners and the hot 16 yr. old action:rolleyes:

Dude thats right!! Man i wanted to go to that. What time does it start? How much does it cost? I promised myself that by next christmas i would know how to drift :smile:

Edit: Is this a drift event where you just go watch or is it the 101 drift where they teach you for that day?

Marv17
09-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Alrighty then. so its offical. Im gonna host the next meet at my place. Its in the city of Bellflower (near Cerritos, Lakewood, Norwalk, Long Beach). I already talk to the head cordinator, aka Hugo, so now I need so see who is going to come so we know how much stuff to get to EAT. After we hang out, do our thing, and perhaps help someone out on their mods or something we can hang out the park nearby, play some football, soccer, basketball, etc. OR we could head down to PCH/the beach and cruise and take some pics/vids.
PM if you're going so i can give you my address.
so its....
1) Marv
2) Hugo

cooljess76
09-29-2007, 10:03 PM
1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess

M3_KILL3R
09-29-2007, 10:17 PM
1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess

3)GARIK!!! ill come lol

HuGo
09-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Yea jess man is coming!

Garik DO NOT flake on this.

How about we start showing up at 3pm, start making some carne asada like at 3:30-4pm. That way ill just be like an hour late or so. Ill try to finish my exam pretty quick. Im going to miss my drift day but oh well...till next year.

SoCalpinoy86
09-30-2007, 03:04 AM
1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
5) Jeff

I'm free to go, Just let me know if you want me to bring anything to the BBQ.

saintse36
09-30-2007, 04:41 AM
ok peps i go since i have been around for a while so i down

1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
5) Jeff
5) Saintse36 aka the man with the Alpina car

HuGo
09-30-2007, 05:09 AM
So 3pm is kool?

Are we going to have a real carne asada this time? With rice and black smashed bean w/ toasted bread :smile:

Who knows how to prep and make some real carne asada? Or are we going to make Costco burgers?

1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
5) Jeff
6) Saintse36

HuGo
09-30-2007, 05:12 AM
ok peps i go since i have been around for a while so i down

:mad: :_punch: :shakefis: :raving: :evil: :anger:

Jean H.318TI
09-30-2007, 06:15 AM
i would like to be there but im up here in WA like 20+ hours

M3_KILL3R
09-30-2007, 07:05 AM
i would like to be there but im up here in WA like 20+ hours

u call that an excuse! lol im jp :biggrin:

Bobbak
09-30-2007, 12:07 PM
lol i recently started my wow account up again (world of warcraft) but what the hell i'll go

1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
5) Jeff
6) Saintse36
7) Bobbak

Marv17
09-30-2007, 07:29 PM
well im up for carne asada some rice and beans and tortillas. lol. i think we should all contribute something to the bbq. like one person brings the tortillas/chips. the other some rice, being mexican rice or some kind of asian rice. someone else the beans and another the cups and plates and so on... so we can all split the cost or bring in your specialty.
just an idea out there...
oh and i already have a table and like a few dozen chairs and the grill....

Marv17
09-30-2007, 07:30 PM
hey jesse, u should bring ur tools to my place cuz i think we're gonna get bobbak some springs to be installed, if he still wants to do so... just something for us to do.
or if someone else needs help or something of that matter...

and yes 2 or 3pm sounds cool to me. gives me time to clean up a bit and make room and stuff. but is anyone going to actually come at that time???

M3_KILL3R
10-01-2007, 05:38 AM
hey jesse, u should bring ur tools to my place cuz i think we're gonna get bobbak some springs to be installed, if he still wants to do so... just something for us to do.

and yes 2 or 3pm sounds cool to me. gives me time to clean up a bit and make room and stuff. but is anyone going to actually come at that time???

ill help too!!!

Marv17
10-01-2007, 05:56 AM
1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
5) Jeff
6) Saintse36
7) Bobbak
8) ashylarry - (he pm me saying that he's down to come, his exact words "count me in")

wonder if these #'s will stay the same.... actually come to think about it, its mostly the original ppl who tend to go regardless...

but hey, where's lazoh? is he out of state? think he'd go if he's back in town?

M3_KILL3R
10-01-2007, 06:13 AM
1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
5) Jeff
6) Saintse36
7) Bobbak
8) ashylarry - (he pm me saying that he's down to come, his exact words "count me in")

wonder if these #'s will stay the same.... actually come to think about it, its mostly the original ppl who tend to go regardless...

but hey, where's lazoh? is he out of state? think he'd go if he's back in town?

he actually comes back tomorrow so i bet he'll come on and see the PM and ya hes probably going to come. the numbers look good but lets break 10 cars....

Marv17
10-01-2007, 06:46 AM
he actually comes back tomorrow so i bet he'll come on and see the PM and ya hes probably going to come. the numbers look good but lets break 10 cars....

hey hey dont get tooo carried away with aiming ur hopes up that high. i've pm-ed ppl that are local to me and havent gotten much of a response back except for larry... but anyway. im gonna want to get a pic of the cars lined up down my whole driveway...
but yeah, so how are we gonna deal with the food? all bring something and contribute or should we all buy it on the same day? cuz rice and beans take time...
i think hugo should do it cuz he's more beaner than i am, bet ya he or his mom makes some good ass mexican rice. lol. no offense hugo.

SoCalpinoy86
10-01-2007, 08:19 AM
We should make a list to go with what we are bringing.

1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
5) Jeff - cups, napkins, plates, utencils
6) Saintse36
7) Bobbak
8) ashylarry

ashylarry
10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
i'll bring my tools as well. I got a lo pro jack, craftsman set, and my manual spring commpressor if peeps wanna work on their cars. I NEED MY BRAKES DONE, so if you guys can help me out that'll be lovely.

HuGo
10-01-2007, 09:30 AM
LoL not only is Lazoh out of the state but out of the country.

Lazoh will always go for sure if hes in Los Angeles. Reason why he doesn't go is because of his job and he's out of the country.

Jeff, lol, you should leave that department to bobbak since he works at the 99 :tongue:

I think we just buy everything and split the cost.

Oh hey ashylarry, i still got your shirt if you want to pay for it on that day :smile:

Bobbak
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
6) Saintse36
7) Bobbak - Soda (how many 2,3 liters)
8) ashylarry

lazoh
10-01-2007, 05:08 PM
LoL not only is Lazoh out of the state but out of the country.

Lazoh will always go for sure if hes in Los Angeles. Reason why he doesn't go is because of his job and he's out of the country.

Jeff, lol, you should leave that department to bobbak since he works at the 99 :tongue:

I think we just buy everything and split the cost.

Oh hey ashylarry, i still got your shirt if you want to pay for it on that day :smile:

I'm planning on being here, but you never know with my job. I will make every effort to schedule trips around that date. Count me in as of now!! :biggrin:

lazoh
10-01-2007, 05:08 PM
1) Marv
2) Hugo
3) Jess
4) Garik
6) Saintse36
7) Bobbak - Soda (how many 2,3 liters)
8) ashylarry
9) lazoh

HuGo
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Looks like test is at 8am so ill be able to get there earlier actually. So if you want marv, we can start at 2pm.

M3_KILL3R
10-02-2007, 12:04 AM
what do you guys want the little armenian boy to bring? i make some bad ass shish kabab!

HuGo
10-02-2007, 01:02 AM
How about you bring the freaking stickers!

Marv17
10-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Looks like test is at 8am so ill be able to get there earlier actually. So if you want marv, we can start at 2pm.

yeah 2pm is cool with me, im gonna be home all morning anyway to clean up. and make some room.

what do you guys want the little armenian boy to bring? i make some bad ass shish kabab!

dude. bring whatever you want. but make sure to bring a fair share (enough and equivlant to the amount others will bring) of stuff to go around for like seconds or thirds cuz i think most of us can eat a good amount of food.
i could make some mexican rice and beans with tortillas or something. and of course supply the grill chairs and tables.
:biggrin:

M3_KILL3R
10-02-2007, 02:02 AM
i can totally make some kabob but the thing is the meat for that is REALLY expensive for 10 people it will probably cost me around $150 for just the meat. if we split this then i can bring it if not then ill just bring chips, cookies, and other snacks to munch on. OH ILL BRING THE HOOKAH!

HuGo
10-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Like i said, if we go to the market and buy the meat, rice, beans, sodas, cups etc.etc. it is easier to just split the cost down the middle.

Marv17
10-02-2007, 02:28 AM
yeah i suppose so. but are we gonna go on that day or what? cuz then we might have to meet a lil earlier or something.

plus rice and beans takes some time to make... to make it good. (was gonna ask someone in my family cuz i cant cook that)

HuGo
10-02-2007, 02:54 AM
We can either have carne asada or burgers. If we make carne asada someone needs to prepare it the night before. If we buy burgers then we just need good sizzleling powder. Rice cant take no longer than an hour. And beans, dude, just go to a chapin store and buy them in cans. That sh!t is bomb! Then that doesnt take long either.

Marv17
10-02-2007, 03:19 AM
burgers and hotdogs sounds good to me. easy and good. cuz i dunno who would want to prepare the carne asada meat. and i can see if my sis or mom and make the rice or something. i say when we meet we can go to the grocery store down the street from me then.

M3_KILL3R
10-02-2007, 03:25 AM
if you guys want to meet up the night before maybe like 4 of us we can go to ralphs and what not get everything and the day of we can split everyhting up. thats what ive done for all my kickbacks and it works great! i can seriously make a meal shish kabob it will make you orgasmic. but that ****s not cheap so i cant get it all alone.

Marv17
10-02-2007, 03:44 AM
if you guys want to meet up the night before maybe like 4 of us we can go to ralphs and what not get everything and the day of we can split everyhting up. thats what ive done for all my kickbacks and it works great! i can seriously make a meal shish kabob it will make you orgasmic. but that ****s not cheap so i cant get it all alone.

LOL. i dunno about being orgasmic. but i think i get the picture.... ITS GOOD!!! i dunno man.. cuz i dont want to be spending a fortune, ya know. i dunno, its up to u guys. not trying to bring down ur idea tho garik, so dont take offense. im sure its good but burgers and stuff sounds good to me...

M3_KILL3R
10-02-2007, 04:25 AM
aight then im down for burgers and sh1t fine!!! but we get bad ass bratwurst too!! ill bring my tools too we can get working on some cars! anyone need a chip in? btw u have wires right i need to ground myself!

cooljess76
10-02-2007, 04:49 AM

No prob, I'll work for food(atleast thats what my sign says):tongue: Seriously though if it's alright with Bobby or whoever I'll be working for, I'd like to meet up early(around 9:00am) so we could knock it out. Also I taked to Mothman today and he's down to go, but he's having car troubles at the moment. I'm sure things will be sorted out before the meet, but if not, I'd like to help him get his car back on the road. Maybe I could come down this weekend if he needs me to.

Marv17
10-02-2007, 07:22 AM
No prob, I'll work for food(atleast thats what my sign says):tongue: Seriously though if it's alright with Bobby or whoever I'll be working for, I'd like to meet up early(around 9:00am) so we could knock it out. Also I taked to Mothman today and he's down to go, but he's having car troubles at the moment. I'm sure things will be sorted out before the meet, but if not, I'd like to help him get his car back on the road. Maybe I could come down this weekend if he needs me to.

yeah that sounds fine. but i dunno if bobbak is still planning or interested in the springs? Are you bobbak? cuz ya can do the job at my house still. got enough room....
where is mothman from? what area?

HuGo
10-02-2007, 08:17 AM
I say we buy the burgers and hot dogs from costco cuz...yea the prices of them patty burgers last time wasnt kool :frown:

Bobbak
10-02-2007, 11:18 AM
i can bring fruit and non alcoholic beer if you guys want (it goes good with food) and speaking of nothing i just ordered my shocks and struts finally today so ill be getting them soon i hope and maybe getting them installed befor the meet if you guys need anythign else tell me befor you go and pay 3X more for it dont forget i work at the 99 cents store :)

Marv17
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
oh what. bobbak did finally get his shocks and stuff? does that mean you'll be putting on the springs soon??? i wanna see, and possibly help out. umm all we really need is like plates napkins forks spoons ketchup mustard relish soda ... i think.... see what you can do bobby.

HuGo
10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Pineapple Soda :rolleyes:

HuGo
10-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Worst comes to worst...we can order La Gigante pizza from Pizza Loca.

cooljess76
10-02-2007, 09:19 PM
i can bring fruit and non alcoholic beer if you guys want (it goes good with food) and speaking of nothing i just ordered my shocks and struts finally today so ill be getting them soon i hope and maybe getting them installed befor the meet if you guys need anythign else tell me befor you go and pay 3X more for it dont forget i work at the 99 cents store :)
Don't bother installing the shocks and struts. We have to remove them anyway to put the springs on, you'll just be wasting time and money. Can you meet me at Marv's house early on the 13th? Around 9 or 10? We could knock it out early and still have time to chill afterwards.

cooljess76
10-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey guys, sorry to say that I probably won't be able to make it to this meet. Something came up and I have to go to Stockton this weekend:biggrin: Also, I have some more bad news, Mothman's gonna need a motor and I'm probably going to need a tranny. Anyone know of a wrecked ti thats local :cough-jimmy-cough::confused2

Seriously though, I'm going to pick up the clubsport in NorCal and probably won't be home until Sunday. As for Bobby's suspension, I'll still be more than happy to do it if you could come up later that week. And for Marv's seafoaming, it's really easy and you guys should help him do it at the meet. It honestly only takes 10 minutes. Don't be scared when the car tries to die, just have someone keep the RPM's around 1500. 1 can in the gas, 1/2 a can in the oil, and the other half sucked through the intake manifold vaccume hose. Don't submerge the hose, carefully let it inhale it slowly. Shut it down, wait 30 minutes and take it for a spin down to autozone. Check out the scan tool and clear the misfire codes. Follow up with an oil change about a hundred miles afterwards and you're all done.

Wish I could be there guys, but I'm sure you'll understand
:cool:jess

HuGo
10-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I think this is the 2nd meet you dont go to (besides your own house/city meet). Your f*cking up like Garik.

M3_KILL3R
10-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I think this is the 2nd meet you dont go to (besides your own house/city meet). Your f*cking up like Garik.

-_-

cooljess76
10-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Lol, ahh c'monnnn!!! Buying another ti doesn't justify missing a meet? Atleast I'll honestly be out of town doing something worth while and for the benifit of our team:biggrin: Harold goes to Ethiopia every other week, he's never even been to a meet and Garik thinks he's David Hasslehoff! I won't go there with Jimmy, Gino and Dee because they have legit reasons. I wanna know who's gonna help me fix this tranny?

HuGo
10-07-2007, 01:05 AM
ok ok... ill let it slide IF you let me have the rear hatch shocks for free :smile:
LoL. Why you getting another ti for?

Marv17
10-07-2007, 02:27 AM
ok ok... ill let it slide IF you let me have the rear hatch shocks for free :smile:
LoL. Why you getting another ti for?

Lol, ahh c'monnnn!!! Buying another ti doesn't justify missing a meet? Atleast I'll honestly be out of town doing something worth while and for the benifit of our team:biggrin: Harold goes to Ethiopia every other week, he's never even been to a meet and Garik thinks he's David Hasslehoff! I won't go there with Jimmy, Gino and Dee because they have legit reasons. I wanna know who's gonna help me fix this tranny?

lol... yeah man. dont be like garik now. but yes at least u have a legit reason. i'll try to help you out on ur tranny but i dont know much about fixing them tho. and why are u getting another ti anyway as well? its a parts car? cuz might need a lil few things :wink::biggrin:

yeah. does anyone else know how to seafoam the car??

M3_KILL3R
10-07-2007, 03:09 AM
why we all baggin on poor old garik? lol

HuGo
10-07-2007, 03:56 AM
why we all baggin on poor old garik? lol

Cuz you suck :icon_poke

M3_KILL3R
10-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Cuz you suck :icon_poke

damn man that was a sick burn!:bored:

HuGo
10-07-2007, 09:08 AM
damn man that was a sick burn!:bored:

LoL. Could have been worse. But 10 out of 10 i would have been banned again 8-)

lazoh
10-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Atleast I'll honestly be out of town doing something worth while and for the benifit of our team:biggrin: Harold goes to Ethiopia every other week, he's never even been to a meet

WHAT!!!!! I have only missed one meet mister!!! I don't recall seeing you at Euro Meet in San Diego!!! :biggrin: Unfortunately the meet I missed is the meet that you hosted, may be there was a misterious reason why I missed it :tongue:

cooljess76
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Lol, just messin with ya. The clubsport defintely isn't going to be a parts car. I plan on fixing it up and driving it for a while. It looks pretty clean, just needs mirrors and moldings and of course some tranny work.

lazoh
10-08-2007, 04:00 PM
LOL I'm just messing with you too!! Are you planning on replacing the trany or overhauling it yourself? it might be easier and less expensive to just replace it.

Bobbak
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Jeff, lol, you should leave that department to bobbak since he works at the 99 cents
:biggrin:

i got cups from last meeting and i'll get the plates,forks,and soda (pineapple) just pm me stuff that u want dont be shy remember its 99 cents and i get my discount :biggrin:

cooljess76
10-08-2007, 04:30 PM
LOL I'm just messing with you too!! Are you planning on replacing the trany or overhauling it yourself? it might be easier and less expensive to just replace it.
Not sure yet, I'll have to find out whats wrong with it first. It would be much easier(possibly cheaper) to replace it, but if I could repair it, I'll probably go that route if it proves to be cost effective.

Bobbak
10-09-2007, 11:44 PM
im planning to have my shocks and struts put in on thursday the 10th but id come earlier if i could but i got work so im gonna have to come at like 2:00 - 2:30 so ill be a bit late but im NOT flaking out i dont FLAKE i MAKE it happen

M3_KILL3R
10-10-2007, 01:32 AM
so what time should we be there marv?

Marv17
10-10-2007, 03:42 AM
umm... well i thought we all decided a while that we were gonna be meeting about 2pm-ish. no? or a lil later? i dunno. its up to the mass of what time ppl wanna show. but im not gonna stay around waiting if ppl are planning to show up late cuz then theres no point in a bbq cuz itll be dark sooner than you think and dont want to spend majority of my saturday waiting around for you fools. lol. so 2PM. if not earlier.

lazoh
10-10-2007, 04:04 AM
Not sure yet, I'll have to find out whats wrong with it first. It would be much easier(possibly cheaper) to replace it, but if I could repair it, I'll probably go that route if it proves to be cost effective.

I hear you bro and my suggestion is to get a used one as well, if you don't have the right tools, repairing a transmision will be real b!tch.

jaimito79
10-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Wuts up fellas? miss hanging out. gona part out my ti.:frown: Miss driving it. Havn't really told anyone but cooljess. If anyone is interested in parts let me know. Its currently garaged at my shop.

HuGo
10-11-2007, 02:36 AM
Ok so out of this entire list of people that live in SoCal...how many of you guys are going to the meet?

(not including maybe people i forgotten or new registered members. If your not in this list...let me know)

1.) Hugo
2.) CoolJess76
3.) M3_Killer
4.) 30yrMBr
5.) Blue318ti
6.) Diego318
7.) rgirl
8.) saintse36
9.) Mothman
10.) Bender
11.) Donovan
12.) speedracerf4i
13.) lazoh
14.) lilblkbmw
15.) jaimito79
16.) ashylarry
17.) Planetace
18.) ///M318ti
19.) PettitWC
20.) 323tiRocketeer
21.) jbxblitz
22.) Bobbak
23.) SoCalpinoy86
24.) Project318ti
25.) Marcus2116
26.) Clex2
27.) ElfinForest318ti
28.) Earthwormjim
29.) Marv17
30.) Cara Bowen
31.) tlabarba
32.) tonyyy
33.) lkwd318ti
34.) youngnikolai
35.) jackem
36.) matuesz h2o
37.) jflip2002
38.) wasabinuki

Marv17
10-11-2007, 07:17 AM
1) me - marv (i think i can show up... oh wait. i think im the host, that means i'm difinitely in)

HuGo
10-11-2007, 08:45 AM
i get dissapointed at the fact that there are atleast 40Tis in Socal that ARE registered and only 10 at max come out.

Sometimes i honestly feel like not doing anymore meets. And its not like they dont know or they didnt see the thread. I send PMs every single month to that entire list. But since you guys are kool and we are all buds, this is our 8-10 man team.

cooljess76
10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
I feel ya Homie. This has been my rant since we first started this thing. I've given up on the hopes of breaking 20. I'm probably not going to make the effort to drive down if people aren't going to show just because it's not convenient or important to them. The one time we had it up here, only 4 people showed. Whats up with that? Heck, PettitWC used to come down from Lompoc and pnosker came all the way from New Jersey! I say screw the rest of the SoCal members, they could rot in hell for all I care. We have our 10 and thats all that matters. From now on lets make the SoCal meets exclusive just for us. If anyone else wants to show, they should be invited. We'll set up the meets via PMs and emails and we won't disclose the locations in the threads anymore until after it goes down. Maybe then people will get the message and understand that it's a privelage and a special thing to attend.

lkwd318ti
10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
i get dissapointed at the fact that there are atleast 40Tis in Socal that ARE registered and only 10 at max come out.

Sometimes i honestly feel like not doing anymore meets. And its not like they dont know or they didnt see the thread. I send PMs every single month to that entire list. But since you guys are kool and we are all buds, this is our 8-10 man team.

That's just how it goes man :frown: .
I attend a weekly meet in Irvine and there used to be 20-30 cars that showed. After a while it was just a few of us who chilled with each other (6-7 cars or whatevers).
Even though that happened, I haven't gone there because I've been so busy with school.

I feel ya Homie. This has been my rant since we first started this thing. I've given up on the hopes of breaking 20. I'm probably not going to make the effort to drive down if people aren't going to show just because it's not convenient or important to them. The one time we had it up here, only 4 people showed. Whats up with that? Heck, PettitWC used to come down from Lompoc and pnosker came all the way from New Jersey! I say screw the rest of the SoCal members, they could rot in hell for all I care. We have our 10 and thats all that matters. From now on lets make the SoCal meets exclusive just for us. If anyone else wants to show, they should be invited. We'll set up the meets via PMs and emails and we won't disclose the locations in the threads anymore until after it goes down. Maybe then people will get the message and understand that it's a privelage and a special thing to attend.

It's hard enough to get people to keep showing up to a meet that happens regularly. Although there's almost 40 on that list, you guys need to consider that some of those people aren't really active on this forum anymore. For example, I think that Marcus2116 is out of the country for a while, same with 323tirocketeer. You shouldn't put down the rest of the Socal ti owners just because they don't show up to a meet, some people might have something else more important to do. I would've gone to the past ones, but my schedule always keeps me busy, as I told Hugo a while back.
If I were you guys, just keep it open, don't make it all exclusive and stuff.
I'm actually going to try and come out on Saturday, as Marv17 already knows.

Marv17
10-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Damn. alright. who's still going to come over to bellflower today? ...even tho its a bit wet here from last nights downfall (rain).

M3_KILL3R
10-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Damn. alright. who's still going to come over to bellflower today? ...even tho its a bit wet here from last nights downfall (rain).

i hate the rain! im still down but i gotta leave by 9 i got a family engagement that i cant miss(baby cousins being born! :biggrin:)

SoCalpinoy86
10-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm still good to go... not sure what to bring still... Maybe when we all meet we can talk about what we need to get for those who didn't get anything.

HuGo
10-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Im leaving in about 15-30 mins.

saintse36
10-15-2007, 05:38 AM
sorry i was unable to make it had to go to the hospital to fix my eye heres a pic it but next time i am game http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x12/dlocti/IMG00022.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x12/dlocti/IMG00021.jpg

HuGo
10-15-2007, 05:40 AM
wtf happen?

cooljess76
10-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Daaaaang Dude, that just barely missed your eye! You were pretty damn lucky, What happened? You can't just post those kind of pics and not give an explanation. I'm guessing the cut was caused by your glasses. OUCH!

HuGo
10-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Daaaaang Dude, that just barely missed your eye! You were pretty damn lucky, What happened? You can't just post those kind of pics and not give an explanation. I'm guessing the cut was caused by your glasses. OUCH!

LoL that's exactly what i thought. Post pics but no info?

Marv17
10-15-2007, 06:14 AM
dude. wtf. damn. that is close yo. what happened? yeah, cant be posting up pics like that with no description of how it happened. Hey jesse. so what happened with the car situation? did u get it?

M3_KILL3R
10-15-2007, 06:24 AM
i busted him up foo! what you thinking?! you should see what i did to harold loll nah man all jokes aside what happened?!

HuGo
10-15-2007, 06:48 AM
i busted him up foo! what you thinking?! you should see what i did to harold loll nah man all jokes aside what happened?!

Youd break your own hand before you even bust anything :smile:

saintse36
10-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I was moving my buddy house and a pice of metal from the master bed fell off the movieing truck and hit me right in the eye.Oh yeah it was all metal and i got 24 stiches from teh inside of my forehead and 16 on the out side i ok but i cant see at all from my right eye

lazoh
10-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I was moving my buddy house and a pice of metal from the master bed fell off the movieing truck and hit me right in the eye.Oh yeah it was all metal and i got 24 stiches from teh inside of my forehead and 16 on the out side i ok but i cant see at all from my right eye

Dang!!! Sorry to see and hear about your eye, are you off from work for a couple of days?

cooljess76
10-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Gino, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your injury. I wish you the best of luck and hope there's no permanent damage. Don't give up, keep working with the doctors and hopefully things will get better.

saintse36
10-15-2007, 07:55 PM
yeah i know but i lost 1/3 of my vision from my right eye it all blurry and cant focus on anything well i see every one next meet

HuGo
10-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Did you lose your vision temporarily or permanent?

cooljess76
10-16-2007, 03:39 AM
BTW Gino, the same thing happened to me twice. Once from fighting and again when my dog accidentally kicked me in the eye. It took about a week to correct itself, but I can see fine now. There's still hope Bro, and hey, Give me a call if you get bored!

lazoh
10-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Gino, I went to visit you yesterday afternoon and I did not find anyone in the house. wait a minute......you were hidding from me? Anyway, I stoped by to see how you were doing but I guess nobody was home, take care homie!!

saintse36
10-17-2007, 03:29 AM
yeah yesterday i went to the doctors for a check up and they are going to take the stickes out on next wednesday. My vision is still bad and i hope it comes back to normal oneday but thanks i will take care

Gino, I went to visit you yesterday afternoon and I did not find anyone in the house. wait a minute......you were hidding from me? Anyway, I stoped by to see how you were doing but I guess nobody was home, take care homie!!

Mothman
10-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Dang bro, I wish I was there, I could have help fixed you up!

cson
05-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi, everybody,

I am new in this site, I just read something about CAT recall for 1998, did anybody in Pasadena area had their CAT replaced with this warranty? If so which dealer? I went to ASSAEL a while back in 2006 and they said my CAT is bad but did not mention anything about this warrenty and asked $1500 or something like that so I passed. Know I read this I want to go back but I need some examples to show themit can be done.

Thanks for all the help.

HuGo
05-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the site. Hope to see you in our future meets. You got pics of your ti? Post them.

If you are looking for a catalytic converter, i have one for sale.

cson
05-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks, I am currently trying to replace it with the dealer if not I might get yours. I actually have a 3.18i I used to have a ti but when I had a kid I replaced it with i the engine is the same m44 so I assume the cat should be the same am I right.

Thanks for all the help.

HuGo
05-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Should work fine

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do?part=18301433431&showus=on

cson
06-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I had my CAT replaced for free, thanks for all the help. Hope this will fix my misfire problem if not I am replacing all the vacuum hoses and O2 sensors. Then I will be back hopefully with some codes this time.

Best

cooljess76
06-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Hope this will fix my misfire problem if not I am replacing all the vacuum hoses and O2 sensors.
Check your intake boot for splits and cracks. Take it off and inspect it thoroughly inside and out, especially between the pleats and seams. You could also try spraying brake cleaner on it while the car is idling and listen for fluctuations in the engine RPMs. A temporary ghetto fix is to remove it and wrap it with duct tape a few times until you get a new one. They cost about 25 bucks on pelicanparts or 35 bucks at the dealership.

cson
06-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi again,

Yea no luck with the new CAT I still have the problem, I am ordering the air boots there are two in my car I checked them with water it did not look like they are leaking but I can see some cracks on them. As you said they will cost $50 together after a $2000 CAT for free I can spend some money on the car :). NO CEL yet I was thinking to wait till some codes come back I am thinking the O2 sensors might be bad too they have 130000 on them I know they are not good after 100000. So I might get them replaced too. Lets see what will fix the problem.

I will keep updating.

cooljess76
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
I am ordering the air boots there are two in my car I checked them with water

WATER!!!???:eek:

cson
06-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Yes that sounds stupid to me too I am not even sure if that will test the leak properly my mechanic does it to search for vacuum leak he seprays water on the hoses and listens I think it will do the same think if there is a leak it will suck the water and you will have a drop in the idle (or hydrolock the dam thing):eek:. Any way I did not had a can of carb cleaner or anythink like it to spray at the time so I wet the hoses. It might not be as good as a gas to test the small leaks I will cahnge the hoses even they do not have leak but I can not find a local place to buy the parts and can not wait it to come by mail also do not want to pay twice to the $telar. Any body know place to buy part in Pasadena area.

Thanks.

lazoh
06-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Any body know place to buy part in Pasadena area.

Thanks.

I know a place in Irwindale, the name is Inter Auto Parts, the address is:

5116 Azusa Canyon Road
Irwindale, CA 91706
Tel: 626-851-0909

Ask for Sack and tell him you are from 318ti crew and he will hook you up with pricing.

cson
06-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Thanks lazoh i will check it, I ordered the air boots from pelican but for other stuf I might need to go there.

Also Hugo mentioned something about an other recall for ECU Remap, and brand new 02 sensors, do anybody have information on this. Now that I had my CAT free i can not stop I need the O2 sensors any way and remap of ECU sounds good.

Thanks for all the help yu guys rock.:cool:

cson
06-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Hugo just told me that these were recall so the dealer should know if they are already replaced or not but I will try an other dealer to be sure. Also can anybody suggest a good mechanic in pasadena area I go to AGA they are OK but this problem made me sick and we could not fix it for over 2 years. I will try these air boots and if that is not it I am out of ideas.

Thanks again everybody.

lazoh
06-05-2008, 06:01 AM
Hugo's dad is a good mechanic, he is currently doing the s52 swap in his ti. Ask Hugo if his dad can help you out (for a fee of course).

cson
06-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks a lot i will ask him,

hey hugo what you think :) I like this forum, thanks guys