PDA

View Full Version : SoCal's Burning Up!

HuGo
10-24-2007, 02:56 AM
Damn, SoCal is burning the F up. There are 16 fires going on. Anyone on the .org been evacuated or live near a fire? Are you guys safe? There's nothing in my side but the sky is getting pretty black. I can actually look straight at the sun without my eyes getting hurt. Anyway, i hope everyone in SoCal is ok.

bmvw
10-24-2007, 04:15 AM
People were kind of playing musical chairs from house to house. My brother was supposed to evac from Scripps Ranch but he stayed put as the fire would have to go thru 2mi of solid urb to get there. The winds have died down in SD quite a bit. Still problems in Escondido / Del Dios, Rancho San Diego to Jamul, and Julian may now be in danger.

Marv17
10-24-2007, 08:15 AM
yeah dude... cant believe fire is everywhere... just heard the news tonight that about 500,000 to 1 million ppl evacuated and like 1800 homes destroyed. they're using Qualcomm Stadium, where we had a euro meet, as a refugee site... wow we were just there like 3 months ago. its amazing how nature is at times. im sry for those who lost their homes or had to leave or even have family members in that area.
gets me mad on how the federal govt is slow on giving the resources they have to us in SoCal to put out these fires asap. why cant they just send all the helicopters and planes from different states on federal orders to help the OC, LA, Riverside, and San Bern. counties (etc.) dang....

HuGo
10-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Why cant they use ocean water to put it out?

Man we are going to be soooo screwed after the fires are done. Not only we're using our reserves cuz we are running out of water. Now we need to use that water to put out the fire. Fack!

Marv17
10-24-2007, 08:25 AM
cant use ocean water cuz its SALT WATER BRO!!! dude, if we use ocean water it'd destroy the soil. might as well let it burn. salt water will ruin the soil by not letting vegetation not grow back cuz of it being too salty... its basically like dumping a bunch of salt in ur water or food, would u be able to survive on that or even want to eat it? it dries out the ground so much, takes thousands of years to have it dilute and stuff... ever taken and science courses or environmental science?? Hugo come on now, thought u were smart enough for that.... (im not yelling at u bro, just informing u)

HuGo
10-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Havent had science since HS and they never tought that. Well there wasn't crazy fires back then for me to ask to begin with. So since i never asked and never been tought, i never knew. The only thing that i did think about was that the water is all chemically nasty i thought they wont use it cuz of that.

bmvw
10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
The fires started Sunday & only today (Wednesday) are the Navy waterdrop C-130s & choppers *FINALLY* being allowed into the air. CalFire needs to get over their cockblock mentality & think of the people.

teetime4one
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
the fires are getting a lot of news coverage here in colorado.
i grew up in the san diego/riverside area and surfed in mission beach...
that is a beautiful area...i hope that the efforts to stop these fires pays off before you lose much more of your landscape and property.

bmvw
10-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Of course as soon as CalFire decides the Navy aircraft are good enough, the Marines need them to put out fires on the base, esp. to keep the fire off the huge powerlines that come out of the nuke in San Onofre.