PDA

View Full Version : M-Tech Springs Low Enough

e36mcab
11-02-2007, 12:02 AM
My summer tires are a 225/45-17. I need to get rid of the 4X4 look on my factory Ti suspension. Is a factory M-tech Ti suspension enough of a drop to get rid of the ugly front wheel well gap? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

M wannabe
11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
being too low is not good. The roll center of the care moves too close to the ground and wheel rate is thrown off. The car will handle like crap but will still feel like an upgrade over factory stuff.. . You get a lower center of gravity but that only helps so much if the stiffness of the supension is not increase substantially along with available grip.. .

If these cars were designed well enough, I wouldn't go lower than 1.5" from factory height

thesk8nmidget
11-07-2007, 10:19 PM
hey m wannabe did you know that you were the 5000 member of 318ti.org

+1

foRRREVerz
11-07-2007, 10:52 PM
My summer tires are a 225/45-17. I need to get rid of the 4X4 look on my factory Ti suspension. Is a factory M-tech Ti suspension enough of a drop to get rid of the ugly front wheel well gap? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

E36mcab,

I'm running the same tire size on my 318ti Sport, and even with the m-tech suspension, the car still looks ready to go offroad. I'm in the process of narrowing down which suspension to get (going to gauge it by how much clearance I'll need once my front lip is installed), but am thinking of going with H&R race/Bilstein combo to close the huge gap in the wheel well.

I'll try and take pics and post 'em up for you to see for yourself.

M wannabe
11-07-2007, 11:24 PM
hey m wannabe did you know that you were the 5000 member of 318ti.org

+1

Ha well that was my plan! :tongue: Where's my damn cookie!?!?

thesk8nmidget
11-07-2007, 11:29 PM
its at the local cookie store just tell them you are the 5000th member and they will reward you

e36mcab
11-18-2007, 01:56 AM
E36mcab,

I'm running the same tire size on my 318ti Sport, and even with the m-tech suspension, the car still looks ready to go offroad. I'm in the process of narrowing down which suspension to get (going to gauge it by how much clearance I'll need once my front lip is installed), but am thinking of going with H&R race/Bilstein combo to close the huge gap in the wheel well.

I'll try and take pics and post 'em up for you to see for yourself.

Thanks. I was considering the M-tech suspension but perhaps I should look into the H&R Sport springs or maybe this group buy at at Bimmerforums for a Lowtec suspension.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868932

mohaughn
11-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Make sure you get the correct kit for the Ti. It is not the same as all other E36s.. From looking at his add it doesn't say he can do a Ti kit.. It will basically be the normal front for an E36, and the rear would be the same as a z3.