PDA

View Full Version : Should I Gut my TI

saintse36
11-07-2007, 06:43 PM
OK i need some help before I go crazy. I have been thinking of guting my Ti for a while when i got it was gutted. Well what do you guys think also once i gut it i hopefully get the 6 point cage in there so i can flip it lol. As most of the socal TI's guy know my suspense is top of the line. Well let me know ok thanks in advance....

thesk8nmidget
11-07-2007, 06:56 PM
well whats your main use for it??

i say if its track or you fun little rally driver then go for it. just make it a clean gut.

and a cage would look sick!

i have a 90 nissan sentra (hahaha) its gutted and has a cage race seat and 5 point harness. and a stock passenger seat.

it was my daily driver for a long time but then became my fun take to the mountains and wannabe rally machine.

i ended up putting the back seat back in and some of the carpet so once i moved to texas (from oregon) my dad could use it if his car failed on him for any reason.

it was a fun little 4 speed manual lol

it did extremely good in the snow too with studs and aired down tires.

sorry got off subject a little.

its really up to you. if you dont mind the bare metal look inside and the bare floorboards then go for it.

but if you are trying to keep it cozy and warm i would lean towards no

saintse36
11-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I well be tracking my car once i put my new motor mounts in and put some wider tires in the rear. My Ti won't be a dd after i gut and as for carpet well i have to keep it in because as we all know underneath the carpet there is like 4" of foam in the front seat and the rear there is just bare metal thanks for opinon. I lean to gut at the monent.

thesk8nmidget
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
ya if you are keeping it for track then gut it. and put that cage in it!

as a lot of people say every pound helps! so lighten her up

also the car looks great! like the white with the fogs and hood

DustenT
11-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I well be tracking my car once i put my new motor mounts in and put some wider tires in the rear. My Ti won't be a dd after i gut and as for carpet well i have to keep it in because as we all know underneath the carpet there is like 4" of foam in the front seat and the rear there is just bare metal thanks for opinon. I lean to gut at the monent.

Have you ever tracked your car before? Why would you gut it?

Gutted street cars are dumb. If it's a race car go all out.

saintse36
11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Ok this of for DustenT

When I bought my TI the first owner had the car setup for track use only. I didn't like the way it look so I decided to put the interior back to stock. But since i made my descion to track it, I won't be drive my car as a daily driver. Is that better DustenT...

tiFreak
11-07-2007, 09:47 PM
if it's just a track car i say go for it, just remember to post pics:biggrin: