PDA

View Full Version : January Meet in the O.C.

30yrMbr
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
SoCalTi's: Here is a suggestion for the Second Saturday in January. There is going to a BMW Themed gathering at the Spectrum in Irvine. This is better described below. If interested in making the a SoCalTi meet, and then a coast cruise, let the group know. I'll be there for sure. :tongue: :biggrin:

=========================================================

January 12, 2008 - 7:00 to 9:00 AM: Cars and Coffee at the Ford PAG Center in Irvine
BMW will be the featured marque. Any and all BMW's are wanted, but if you have a vintage BMW to display (Pre-1974 Coupes and 2002, 6ers and early M's) please contact Tom Rakestraw (rakearch@aol.com). Cars for the marque display must arrive by 6:45 AM, after that display parking is first-come, first-serve. There's lots of spectator parking available if you just want to look instead of display. A drive through Orange County will follow the show.

Cars and Coffee is the successor to the Crystal Cove Car Show. Hundreds of proud owners (almost all the cars are privately owned) bring their cars to this informal show every weekend. For a quick peek at the various cars you might see on any given Saturday, check out this photo album (http://www.frank4cars.fotki.com/c--c/). Here's a brief list of what you might have seen over the past year.

* Callaway Speedster, Super Gas Willys, Lancia Fulvias and Flaminias,Vectors, Ghibli, Merak, LaForza, Veyron, Stillen GT, Packards, Jaguars, Ferraris, Porsches, Michael Schumacher's 2001 USGP car
* Cars from every country and every era
* Old cars, new cars, muscle cars, classic cars, sports cars, exotic cars, hot rods, restored cars, race cars, street cars, replica cars, one-of-a-kind cars, rare cars, vintage cars, performance cars, cars, cars, cars and more cars.

Marv17
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
wow. that sounds like a really good idea. i like it. however since i dont know how the work schedule for the month of janurary is going to work out i dont want to promise im going just yet. but when i know ill let ya know.
what u think SoCal guys?

lazoh
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
wow. that sounds like a really good idea. i like it. however since i dont know how the work schedule for the month of janurary is going to work out i dont want to promise im going just yet. but when i know ill let ya know.
what u think SoCal guys?

I'm in, who else is in?

M3_KILL3R
11-16-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm in, who else is in?

dude im in is this only euros? cuz i have cousins with pretty good looking Japaneses cars

lazoh
12-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Ok SoCal people, this is our official January meet. Please post up who else is going??

ashylarry
12-10-2007, 07:34 AM
I'll probably go, depends if my team goes further in the playoffs pending the time conflict.

HuGo
12-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Im dependent :biggrin:

tonyyy
12-18-2007, 04:28 AM
It's not actually at the Spectrum, just near.
Also. No, it's not only euro. There are plenty of makes and models that come to this show.

I'm most likely a yes if I can find a head by then.

HuGo
12-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Do we have to pay for anything?

Bobbak
12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
IM going auto crossing if possible

cooljess76
01-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Happy New Year guys! My computer's shot, so I haven't been around for a couple of days. Still working on the lighting mod. I got some cool ideas and it should be done before the cars & coffee meet. Give me a call if anyone needs to reach me. I should have a new computer in a couple of days.

M3_KILL3R
01-02-2008, 07:39 AM
cant make it out to this one guys :frown:

Bobbak
01-02-2008, 08:34 AM
yo jess whats wrong with ur comp. i probly got the parts lying around to fix it most likely a power supplyi got a bunch anyways, i'll gladly giv you one if ya want

HuGo
01-02-2008, 10:23 AM
cant make it out to this one guys :frown:

Oh ok, weren't you the one that sad "im a big bad ass and im going to track my car now?" What happen there son?

Marv17
01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Hugo Hugo. its called FTP! He wasnt going in the beginning anyhow cuz he wont be able to handle the track as he wants to or claims. LOL.

HuGo
01-02-2008, 09:15 PM
So we just meeting over there or what? What time will we leave and such?

M3_KILL3R
01-02-2008, 09:49 PM
first of all the track is feb. jack a$$ loll

30yrMbr
01-03-2008, 08:35 PM
SoCalTI's

Here is more info on the Second Saturday event in January in Orange county (roughly at the El Toro "Y" where the I-5 and I-405 split). There is expected to be 120 BMW's there of all kinds and years. It would be fantastic that the Ti's be well represented at the show and a couple of drives are being planned for afterwards, perhaps over the Ortega Hwy and another along PCH. There is a couple of things being discussed for Lunch, one of them being the below mentioned BBQ at BMS in Santa Ana and another is lunch and tour at Crevier Classics, a warehouse of classic BMW's and others.

If it were to be raining, the event would be shifted to the following Saturday.

See you there.

BMW DAY - Cars & Coffee Car Show Saturday January 12th 2008
On Saturday January 12th BMW will be the featured marquee at the
Weekly Cars & Coffee Gathering held at the Ford PAG Headquarters in
Irvine.

Special parking for vintage BMW's has been scheduled for the January
12th Cars and Coffee. The location is at the Ford Motor Company's PAG
center in Irvine Spectrum located at 7905 Gateway Blvd in Irvine.

Vintage BMW's
If you have a pre 1985 vintage BMW, Neue Klasse, Coupe, 2002, or 6er
car and would like to park in the vintage area please contact Tom
Rakestraw at (rakearch@aol.com). Plan on arriving by 6:30 a.m. . .
After 6:45 a.m . It is simply "first-come-first-parked" in the
vintage area. In November of 2006, we had 85 plus vintage cars on
display. We hope to have additional pre war and classic BMW's for
this gathering as well as current models.

Modern BMW's
If you have a post 1985 BMW, we will have additional parking directly
adjacent. We would like to group cars by model such as E21, E28, E30,
E36 .. and so on. I would like a model/club contact to reserve up to
a ten spots for each make. I know The E30 M3 guys are good for at
least that number.

Race BMW's
If you have a factory or privately modified BMW powered race car we
will have you park in the aisles within the Vintage & Modern parking
areas.

Cars and Coffee is an informal and commercial free gathering of car
enthusiasts. All types of sports, import, performance and classic
cars are on display. Please respect our hosts request and arrive and
depart in a quite manner as Irvine police are frequently in
attendance.

An informal drive through the foothills of Orange County will follow
the show. We will depart from the Ford PAG lot shortly after 9 a.m.
Details of the drive will be available on December 1st. Maps will be
provided. We will plan to stop for lunch afterwards.

There is a BBQ at BMS Tuners in Costa Mesa if you like. I have not
seen a map of the drive to this point either.

Marv17
01-04-2008, 04:43 AM
YES. I just looked at my scheduled for next saturday. and im OFF!! so ill be attending if we're all still going. hope it doesnt rain, knocking on wood.

HuGo
01-04-2008, 04:51 AM
Ok so what time we meeting up and where are we meeting up before actually getting there. Roger, is it possible for all the Ti's to park together?

BTW, all of us that are going have to wear the SoCal shirts with khaki pants so we look like mechanics. Sounds good?

Marv17
01-04-2008, 04:59 AM
alright. im cool with that. well we'll have to meet at the butt crack of dawn, dont we?

HuGo
01-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Or we can sleep over at your mansion :smile:

Marv17
01-04-2008, 06:26 AM
ha. yeah right. i dont even live in the mansion at the moment. well not yet. we could sleep in the cars in the driveway. we'd all fit. lol.

HuGo
01-04-2008, 06:45 AM
LoL.

Bobbak
01-04-2008, 12:44 PM
can i bring my sleeping bag and a tent:biggrin:

30yrMbr
01-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Ok so what time we meeting up and where are we meeting up before actually getting there. Roger, is it possible for all the Ti's to park together?

I have contacted the organizer about the 6 RSVP's that we have so far and asked for parking spots to be reserved. Haven't heard back yet, but will let you all know when I do.

See you a week from tomorrow.

Marv17
01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
can i bring my sleeping bag and a tent:biggrin:

haha. its up to u. it might be cold out. ill be in my room asleep. haha

I have contacted the organizer about the 6 RSVP's that we have so far and asked for parking spots to be reserved. Haven't heard back yet, but will let you all know when I do.

See you a week from tomorrow.

sounds good. hopefully we'll get those spots.

HuGo
01-04-2008, 10:56 PM
What if there's more than 6 of us?

Jess you going?

Bobbak
01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
jess's comp is dead

Marv17
01-05-2008, 12:15 AM
What if there's more than 6 of us?

Jess you going?

hmm... i think 6 Ti's will still fit in my driveway... :biggrin:
lol

HuGo
01-05-2008, 12:27 AM
LoL your driveway can fit like 24 of us. And im not exagerating. I think maybe a good 28.

Im talking about the spots on the meet day.

Marv17
01-05-2008, 12:37 AM
i know. i was just joking. i knew it was about the event.
but yeah... back to post #28

cooljess76
01-05-2008, 05:16 AM
Hey Guys, I'm definitely going. I'm having problems with my browser. My computer's so old(windows 98) there's nothing available for it. Harold, I have your door panel, if you want to meet up before the 12th, otherwise I'll just bring it with me to the meet. I installed my chrome gauge rings and tomorrow I'm finishing up the LED mod. It looks awesome. Anyway, If you guys need to contact me, do it by phone. See you guys next week!

Marv17
01-05-2008, 05:22 AM
hmm.. cant wait to see how it all looks in the end for the climate control panel.

funa
01-05-2008, 06:32 AM
I'll definitely be there but sadly without the Ti since I've been asked to bring the 02 Turbo but I am looking forward to a CA Ti meet in the future. Please stop by the white Turbo and say "hi".

BTW, although I'll apologize for this off topic but I must mention that my son drove the DASC Ti at the Central CA Chapter Buttonwillow HPDE last fall. As an engineering student, he understood the theory but he now knows what it physically feels like with forced induction. Although the original clutch was starting to slip, he was able to either keep up or pass many of the "6" hole cars on the front straight while he easily overtook most of his "D" beginning pack in the turns even with the tired stock suspension. The Ti is a marvelously designed, fantastic, all around car with or without FI. Thanks, -Eddy

the governor
01-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Jess (or anyone that has Jess's #) PM me your number I'll give you a call when I'm on my way to the meet. That is if my car ever gets here. It was suppose to be delivered today, then it was saturday, now they are saying sunday or monday. :(

saintse36
01-07-2008, 04:06 AM
Do we have to pay for anything?

No bro you dont have to pay it like a high end meet for all the rich people they roll with all there high end cars so take your camera..

HuGo
01-07-2008, 04:35 AM
kool. Well we still have to nail down the time we meeting and leaving.

tonyyy
01-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Did anyone hear back to whether or not you guys can have the parking spots reserved?
I attended the last one, and a few other featured marques, and I remember hearing the spots were reserved for more rare cars. Plus, limited parking in the featured marque. Last time there wasn't one e36. Mostly e30 M3's, 2002's, Alpinas, 3.0 cs' and an M1 Procar. Plus around 110 pending reservations this time around. So just giving a heads up. Good luck.
Also, here is a few pics from the last featured marque.

http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

HuGo
01-07-2008, 05:03 AM
Isnt this going to be in a big parking lot? I guess what i meant is if we get there early enough we can all park together in the lot? Not like a showroom thing but if it works, kool!

Or however it works out. Never been to this before.

cooljess76
01-07-2008, 05:29 AM
firefox saves the day, I'm back!!! We definitely need to setup a pre-meet so we can all arrive together. Noah, I'll PM you my phone number. Glad to be back, won't need a new computer for a while now.

HuGo
01-07-2008, 05:32 AM
Should we meet at Marv's house at 5am? IF marv lets us..lol.

Jess, you're gonna have to be here on time this time, lol :smile: But at 4am there shouldn't be any traffic.

I just realized its from 7-9am. Only 2 hours? What gives? There's a drive also around 9 right?

What are we going to do after?

tonyyy
01-07-2008, 05:36 AM
The parking lot is of decent size. Not huge. The Featured section last year was sectioned off in the corner maybe 30 spots big. So I'm assuming it would be the same way this year, unless they use the whole lot.

Anyways, I would just try to get there somewhat early and park together in the lot.

Also, Here are some better pics of the last event.

http://boostjunky.com/gallery/album01

cooljess76
01-07-2008, 05:38 AM
I might actually be down Friday and stay the night. Gotta drop some late presents off in West Covina, so I'll be on time. I might be swapping the tranny into the clubsport this week in hopes of selling it soon, so I'm not sure which car I'll be driving to the meet, but it'll definitely be a black ti:biggrin:

Marv17
01-07-2008, 06:55 AM
yeah. we can meet at my place early = butt crack of dawn. just won't go out Friday night. lol. we can all cruise out from here. 10-4. Jesse, are you busy Tuesday? Might need assistance on fixing my seat heater, if you can, or know how, i'd greatly appreciate it. i can drive to you if needed if you can.
but hopefully ill have something new added to my Ti by then. :biggrin:

cooljess76
01-07-2008, 07:11 AM
yeah. we can meet at my place early = butt crack of dawn. just won't go out Friday night. lol. we can all cruise out from here. 10-4. Jesse, are you busy Tuesday? Might need assistance on fixing my seat heater, if you can, or know how, i'd greatly appreciate it. i can drive to you if needed if you can.
but hopefully ill have something new added to my Ti by then. :biggrin:

Did you get some mirrors? Lol, I've never worked with seat heaters before so you're probably more knowledgeable than me when it comes to that. I'm probably going to be working on my car all week getting it ready for the meet. I want to do an alignment job on it, but I need to buy a special tool first. Still haven't decided if I'm going to swap the tranny into the clubsport or just take the '97 down to OC. Either way, both cars need some serious detailing.

Marv17
01-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Did you get some mirrors?

ah, not yet. that'll be soon tho. maybe. something else. thats if it comes this week.
next thing is either the mirror or HIDs. not sure. hmm... but anyway, yeah im gonna add something. you'll see. lol.

HuGo
01-07-2008, 09:02 AM
So marv's house it is. Every one got that? Dont forget the shirts!!

So you aint going to tell us marv :cool:

cooljess76
01-07-2008, 09:28 AM
So marv's house it is. Every one got that? Dont forget the shirts!!

So you aint going to tell us marv :cool:
Sounds good! Marv, PM me your address. I might be sleeping in your driveway Friday night:tongue:

HuGo
01-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Man, i even say we hang out friday night, and sleep over in his driveway. Aslong as i can use your restroom to brush my teeth :smile:

Marv17
01-07-2008, 09:42 AM
lol. dang. i guess. haha. well dont have many restrooms in the house im in right now. but the house in the back has 9. take your pick haha. yeah, ill pm whoever needs my address.

HuGo
01-07-2008, 10:47 AM
LoL that mansion has 9 restrooms? Jesus.

Bobbak
01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
LOL i thought of my next mod a restroom in my TI :)

lazoh
01-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Guys, at what time are we leaving saturday morning? In other words at what time do we need to be at the place? I might not be able to sleep in Marv's driveway cause the wife might think I'm sleeping somewhere else and with someone else!!!!!

cooljess76
01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Bring the wifey! We won't do or say anything to get you in trouble:biggrin:

HuGo
01-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Someone contact jeff!

Be at marv's house at 5am.

I want you guys to get your shirts and leave them in your car. Or you guys might forget...so take 1 minute out of your time, stand up right now, grab you shirt, put it in your car. Thx.

So whats the official roll call?

1.) Hugo
2.) Marv
3.) Lazoh
4.) Bobbak
5.) 30yrmbr
6.) Jess
7.)

Marv17
01-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Someone contact jeff!

Be at marv's house at 5am.

alright. taken care of. just texted him. he's been M.I.A. lately.

edit: well looks like socalpinoy, aka jeff, will be gone for another while. looks like he's getting ready to graduate soon. so i know he'll be too busy to shuffle with the meets. Well until then bro, good luck. (if he reads this)

the governor
01-09-2008, 10:20 AM
What is everyones plan for after the cars and coffee?

HuGo
01-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Well they say there's a drive after that?

If not, why dont we go to the mountains/snow? It'll be pretty kool? I havent gone in years. It'll be something new. It'll be like our winter meet? LoL.

We can pitch in for a inflatable boat and go down some hills :biggrin:

Marv17
01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
That sounds cool. maybe go snowboarding!!

HuGo
01-09-2008, 09:08 PM
So, snow after the meet anyone? It'll be a snow meet here in SoCal :biggrin: :tongue:

Marv17
01-10-2008, 06:41 AM
hmm... maybe. we'll see. might be close to my friend that lives in SD. might give her a visit ;-D

youngnikolai
01-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm still in Monterey and was planning on driving down first thing tomorrow but my cars being weird and I have to take it to a mechanic first thing. The engine and exhaust sound really bad, the exhaust looks smoky and it's really underpowered. Could a busted sparkplug do that? I haven't changed them in a while.

Anyhow, I'd like to go, depending on the situation with my car. Also, I can't swing 5 am, so I might show up a little later. Can I get someone's cell number so I can call when I get there?

Nick

cooljess76
01-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Hey Nick, Sorry to hear about your car. A spark plug could cause that, but I'd definitely check things out before you try to drive it home from Monterey. I hate to jinx you but lets keep our fingers crossed it's a spark plug and not a BHG or anything like that. I'll PM you a few #'s later so you could reach us when you get down to OC.

BTW Nick, that wine was KILLER! Maybe you could help me get rid of a few bottles of Sicilian grape juice that I have laying around:wink:

Marv17
01-10-2008, 07:24 AM
dang nick. sry to hear that. hope its something simple that can be fixed quick. good luck. i think jesse has our numbers to contact us on saturday.

Marv17
01-10-2008, 07:46 AM
BTW. Does anyone have directions or know how to get there? or the cross streets??

Marv17
01-10-2008, 07:11 PM
hey guys. im gonna try to get some walky-talkies for us on saturday. i have two at home and ill see if i can borrow some from work. could come useful during the drive so we dont have to use the cell phones and wait it to ring and have us answer it. no? well im gonna get them today i can charge them.

HuGo
01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
sounds good.

cooljess76
01-10-2008, 09:50 PM
hey guys. im gonna try to get some walky-talkies for us on saturday. i have two at home and ill see if i can borrow some from work.
Don't worry about borrowing them, just bring the 2 that you have from home. I got 4. It'll be cool for the event if people want to wander around.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/cooljess76/8d49a179.jpg

the governor
01-11-2008, 02:28 AM
I drove up I-39 towards Mt. Baldy. You cant go all the way to the top went 13 miles or so. One fun road:biggrin:
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/500/medium/318ti_034.jpg

Bad news I have to work saturday morning until 10:00-10:30. I'd like to meet up with the 318ti guys. Let me know where might work for everyone. I'm working in Fountain Valley off the 405 and Brookhurst.

HuGo
01-11-2008, 04:04 AM
So are we going to the snow after?

HuGo
01-11-2008, 11:03 PM
top question again...

and

Anyone know the address to this place? Or directions?

Marv17
01-11-2008, 11:11 PM
okay. got it. :biggrin:

HuGo
01-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm going to detail my car today :smile:

Marv17
01-12-2008, 01:17 AM
:-/ I have to do it tonight. its at the Cars and Coffe in Irvine right? at 7905 Gateway Blvd in Irvine???

HuGo
01-12-2008, 03:06 AM
I finished detailing my car.

Anyone have any armor all? Bring some tomorrow please :smile:

elchicano
01-12-2008, 05:26 AM
You guys are lucky, have fun tomorrow and take lots of pics.:biggrin:

HuGo
01-12-2008, 05:55 AM
Thanks.

Man, im going to get like a 30 minute sleep :frown:

elchicano
01-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Drink lots of energy drinks and your good :biggrin:

HuGo
01-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Drink lots of energy drinks and your good :biggrin:

Screw that sh!t energy drinks are bad for you.

I take Kyani :smile:

elchicano
01-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Screw that sh!t energy drinks are bad for you.

I take Kyani :smile:

Kyani. Huh? Spike is the only energy drink that does something for me the others don't.

the governor
01-12-2008, 07:11 AM
I bought a 24 pack of Red Bull today. I'm a caffeine junkie.
I have Marv and Jesse numbers I'll give you guys a call around 10:00 and find out the plan.

cooljess76
01-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Hey Noah, I won't be home. I'm going to be a Marv's house at 5am and I don't carry a cell. I'll PM you and Nick some other numbers to reach us at. My car is filthy and unfinished. The HVAC panel is still a wreck, stupid idea didn't work. I'm going to go through a drivethru carwash and shine it up at the meet. I just put new batteries in the walkies, so Marv, make sure your walkie talkies are up and running. See you guys in a couple of hours.

Marv17
01-12-2008, 08:45 AM
alright. just finsihed cleaning my carro. will do final things in the morning. walkies are charged and ready jesse. guess ill wake up at 4:15am. :-( see ya guys manana.
got the camera ready too...

Bobbak
01-12-2008, 09:14 AM
hey jess im bringing ur window regulator and some leds for you (white ones)
and hugo ill bring some armorall see you all tomorrow now everyone go to sleep as soon as you read this because u'll all be really freaken tired :0

HuGo
01-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Kyani. Huh? Spike is the only energy drink that does something for me the others don't.

PM sent of what kyani is.

Bobbak
01-12-2008, 09:19 AM
check out the new mod ill show it to you all tomorrow

http://www.318ti.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5043&d=1200096102

HuGo
01-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Go to sleep guys!

Im going to try to get 3hrs right now :frown:

HuGo
01-13-2008, 04:14 AM
GREAT TURN OUT GUYS!!

It was a great day today. Seeing all those cars. Cracking jokes. Going to the junk yard.

Im so so so so tired. My eyes hurt so much. Next time ill make sure to get more than 30mins of sleep.

the governor
01-13-2008, 04:18 AM
Harold thanks for showing us the junk yards.
And a big thanks for the gas pedal!

elchicano
01-14-2008, 06:46 AM
So did anyone take any pics?

Marv17
01-14-2008, 07:17 AM
yeah. sure did. ill post them in my gallery when i get a chance. been working lately...

HuGo
01-14-2008, 09:05 AM
yeah. sure did. ill post them in my gallery when i get a chance. been working lately...

Yup..it'll be up in about...hmm... 2.4 years?

He still hasn't loaded up the tech day pics :rolleyes:

lazoh
01-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Harold thanks for showing us the junk yards.
And a big thanks for the gas pedal!

No problem Noah!!! If there is anything else you need let me know.

lkwd318ti
01-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I'll post my pictures up soon....

Marv17
01-16-2008, 04:29 AM
alright alright... so im in the process of putting up the pics for the cars and coffee meet. here's the link: (Hugo, stop b*tching now. lol)
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=849

lkwd318ti
01-16-2008, 05:28 AM
Here's my pictures...
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914065
Too many to repost onto this forum...