PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the heat??

mphmotorwerks
11-28-2007, 06:42 PM
So last fall I replaced the thermostat, water pump, and new coolant and bleed the system....everything worked great. Now that it is getting cold again I need my heat back; the only problem is it doesn't work. With the engine up to temp..ie: temp needle straight up and down in the middle and stays there...I can't get any heat the blow, just cold air. The only time I can get heat is if the engine is under a load like driving at highway speeds or to me seems like any time I can keep the RPMS above 3000. Any ideas to were I can start looking??

CirrusSR22
11-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Mine runs-out of hot air when I'm idling in the cold, but it never blows cold air at me. It goes from really hot, to warm. On very cold days at stoplights I sometimes put it in neutral and holds the revs up to get hot air again. I think that's normal to some degree, but not the cold air you're getting.

I've heard one thing that might lead to this is air trapped in the cooling system. I know you said you bled it, but maybe try it again. What procedure did you use? The one on understeer.com seems to work the best. The one in the Bentley manual doesn't do anything.

For some reason at low RPMs the water pump can't push enough coolant through that radiator core. Restricted heater valve? Partially clogged heater core? Just some wild guesses.

cosmos schwarz
11-28-2007, 07:05 PM
broken controls, knob, cable. stuck on cold.

mphmotorwerks
11-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Well...I found out why no heat.....well I went to bleed the system again.....found the coolant level to low. Long story short I found all my missing coolant in with my oil....which mean....u guessed it a blown head gasket. So the ti gets parked early for winter and I get to rip my engine apart. Though I have been debating a M50 engine swap but I don't know

CirrusSR22
11-29-2007, 02:12 AM
^ That's too bad :(

cali-ti
11-29-2007, 02:32 AM
awww, that sux. i was going to suggest checking hoses leading to heater core, but ... nm.

thesk8nmidget
11-29-2007, 02:43 AM
head gasket or m50??

hmmmm lean towards the m50!!

make this bad thing happening turn to something good!

mphmotorwerks
11-29-2007, 05:13 AM
That is what I was thinks....anyone know were I can source a m50 for cheap