PDA

View Full Version : MHTi January 27th meet

cali-ti
01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
sounds like we'll be getting together to do cabin filters for sean and myself (i actually have a number of parts in there to replace, but it'll all be done as part of the cabin filter install). how many other people are interested in doing those?

i also need to do rocker arm cover (called it that just for you sean ;) ) gasket replacement at some point, but will likely wait until it's warmer and possibly even until i have a spare vehicle as there are a bunch of things i want to do around there (plugs, wires, heat shield, forget what else) and don't want to be rushed to finish it.

teetime4one
01-06-2008, 06:38 PM
sounds like we'll be getting together to do cabin filters for sean and myself (i actually have a number of parts in there to replace, but it'll all be done as part of the cabin filter install). how many other people are interested in doing those?

i also need to do rocker arm cover (called it that just for you sean ;) ) gasket replacement at some point, but will likely wait until it's warmer and possibly even until i have a spare vehicle as there are a bunch of things i want to do around there (plugs, wires, heat shield, forget what else) and don't want to be rushed to finish it.
i'm there!
i'll bring a box full of parts for my car too...:biggrin:

cali-ti
01-06-2008, 06:52 PM
i bet i have more than you do, lol

you haven't even seen all of them :biggrin:

woh
01-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I'll have to pass on this one. I'll be out of town until the end of the month.

I did do my filters awhile back. A little tricky for the uninitiated by simple if you have someone there that has done it before.

The thing I remember most is the price of two filters.

elchicano
01-06-2008, 09:36 PM
If i have my Ti then count me in.:biggrin: I haven't change the cabin filter don't even know what it is:confused:, but i guess i'll replace it. Can someone give me a link so i can get one. I don't really got anything to change except for the gasket. I got a tool box with some tools but is there anything that we really need like a compressor or something like that?

elchicano
01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Where we meeting at?

cali-ti
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
steven added an events feature to the forum so i just created our first regional event! check it out and RSVP!

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20362

here's a link to the KB article on replacing the cabin filters: http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7836

our cars have two of them :) i think i have four of them, so if you're unable to source them in time for the meet, i'll loan you two and you can pay me back.

i'll try to work up a list of needed tools, but it should just be some metric sockets/wrenches from what i recall.

elchicano
01-06-2008, 10:12 PM
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20359

The link doesn't work.
$40 i got that I'll order it today or unless you want me to buy them from you eric than i could do that too. I also ordered the blazer hatch shocks because mine don't lift the hatch no more. I also got my eyebrows yesterday, don't know whether to leave them black or paint them?

teetime4one
01-06-2008, 10:15 PM
the events feature failed to load for me Eric.
i say we meet at Eric's...nice drive...quiet neighborhood.
or, we could go to my shop.

cali-ti
01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
steven indicated there was an issue with the calendar and he's working on it.

i should try a trick with the new set that a friend of mine suggested; removing the old, dirty filter portion and using a furnace filter (eg: filtrete) to refresh it. you'd need a spare set to do it effectively so you would always have some ready to go. let me confirm i have four and then if you want to buy two from me and then we can try refreshing after that (for much cheaper!). one furnace filter would likely refresh quite a few cabin filters!

we can certainly do your hatch shocks, those don't take very long (if you haven't done them already).

elchicano
01-06-2008, 10:20 PM
That would be cool my driveway is to small to fit our cars, and my neighbor is a b*tch. If anyone parks in front of his house he'll come and b*tch about moving it. If we don't he'll call the cops and say we have the music to loud or other sh*t. As soon as he sees our cars he'll proably call he cops or something. Can't wait until i move out.

cali-ti
01-06-2008, 10:21 PM
the events feature failed to load for me Eric.
i say we meet at Eric's...nice drive...quiet neighborhood.
or, we could go to my shop.

either one is fine by me. hopefully it'll be a nice day!

elchicano
01-06-2008, 10:23 PM
steven indicated there was an issue with the calendar and he's working on it.

i should try a trick with the new set that a friend of mine suggested; removing the old, dirty filter portion and using a furnace filter (eg: filtrete) to refresh it. you'd need a spare set to do it effectively so you would always have some ready to go. let me confirm i have four and then if you want to buy two from me and then we can try refreshing after that (for much cheaper!). one furnace filter would likely refresh quite a few cabin filters!

we can certainly do your hatch shocks, those don't take very long (if you haven't done them already).

Yea I'll wait to put the hatch shocks so we have something to do haha. Yea let me know about the cabin filters.

cali-ti
01-06-2008, 10:43 PM
link to the new calendar event (i also fixed it in my original post): http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20362

well, i just checked and can only find two of my cabin filters so go ahead and order some. i have some furnace filters in the basement so if we want to try refreshing them after replacing, we can do that too.