PDA

View Full Version : Rear Shock Absorbers

Chris S
01-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi, My rear shocks are starting to fail so I'm looking at getting replacements. At the moment I don't have the money to get Bilsteins with lowering springs all round but am looking into it for the future. My question is will it be worth getting Bilsteins just for the rear for now then upgrade the rest later (currently all stock) or will this bugger the handling/ride? Thanks for any help in advance.

Bobbak
01-22-2008, 12:46 AM
its best to change the suspension all at once

CirrusSR22
01-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Check out the Bilstein Tourings for now. They are cheaper and are more like the stock shocks.

aceyx
01-22-2008, 03:55 AM
I changed to Bilstein HDs doing the rear first and fronts a few months later without a problem. But, I stayed with the stock springs.

Chris S
01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Oh yeah, springs are staying stock, so should be okay? What about with Bilstein sports?

H3_2.1-ti
01-22-2008, 03:54 PM
The Bilstein Sports are an inch shorter and are valved for shorter springs. I would recommend the HDs for the stock springs. You will definitely feel an improvement over the OE set up.

Cheers,

aceyx
01-23-2008, 09:28 PM
The Bilstein Sports are an inch shorter and are valved for shorter springs. I would recommend the HDs for the stock springs. You will definitely feel an improvement over the OE set up.
This is the setup I run, and it is definitely a major improvement over stock.

Also, consider buying from this guy, he hooked me and many other members up with good deals and great service on Bilsteins.

H3_2.1-ti
01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
This is the setup I run, and it is definitely a major improvement over stock.

Also, consider buying from this guy, he hooked me and many other members up with good deals and great service on Bilsteins.

Thanks for the props and support. I'm glad you are enjoying your Bilsteins.

Cheers,