PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Downing Atlanta Supercharger w/ Software

HuGo
02-06-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm going to be selling my setup pretty soon. I was wondering who's interested in the DASC with software. I will provide the following....

DASC ($3350 new)
Technique Tuning Stg 3 Software "ECU" ($1000 cost of tuning)
10psi pulley ($100 new)
Stock pulley (7.5lbs)
Full M44 engine (130k miles give or take)
getrag tranny (115k miles)
Rising Fuel Pressure Regulator (not installed)
DASC Install Manual

Of coarse i would like to get rid of all of this all together. The charger itself has no more than 16k miles on it. The software comes with bigger injectors and the 3.0 MAF/intake setup instead of the standard 2.5 MAF setup. With the stage 3 software it eliminates the use of the fuel pressure regulator but ill include it since i wont need it. You dont have to use the same motor if you dont want to but i would like to just sell it all together. It'll be sold with everything to make a engine properly work and turn on.

Reason for selling is...I want to do an S52 swap. So since i want the S52 swap plus the ZF tranny, i wont have any use of anything that'll ill end up having.

So for all this, what would be your offer? Please post or send me a PM. Again, this will be sold as soon as i do my swap. Could be a month or 6 months. It'll be up for sale once this gets pulled out. I guess im giving you the chance to call your dibs or to start saving your money for when i do sell it. Remember, the charger is pretty much new, and it comes with the highest tuning possible and the pulley. You wont have to do anything no more cuz i already did it :smile:

Thanks for looking. Remember...post or pm me if your interested!

Your chance to use your tax return in something fun :biggrin:

thesk8nmidget
02-06-2008, 02:57 AM
hmmm very interesting! wouldnt mind it but i wana also save for the swap.

if it was mine i think i would ask around 3 give or take some.

there is a guy that just got a ti with a blown motor it would be worth sending him a pm.

the governor
02-06-2008, 07:01 AM
If your selling everything together the buyer wouldnt need the RRFPR. I'd take it off your hands. I'd like to take your software, maf, and injectors but Uncle Sam isnt giving me a dime this year, just a bigger bill. :mad:

HuGo
02-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Meh...im just trying to sell everything you know what i mean. I wont have a use for any of this stuff. I dont want anything atlanta in my california home. LoL jk. No but seriously, worse comes to worse, ill sell the kit with software only and find something else to do with the engine and tranny. But id figure, you may as well have a replacement engine at hand.

weezer
02-06-2008, 02:57 PM
If you're selling only the charger.....down the line......let me know

DustenT
02-06-2008, 06:46 PM
You can keep the Getrag tranny if you aren't going to FI the s52. J!m is still using the Getrag.

96cali
02-06-2008, 07:58 PM
You can keep the Getrag tranny if you aren't going to FI the s52. J!m is still using the Getrag.

really? I thought he did a complete M swap (M3 up front, M roady in back). I could be wrong of course.

That said Brett Anderson at Koalamotorsports also did the first OBDII S52 swap and kept the Getrag. Said it was still humming nicely years later.

HuGo
02-06-2008, 11:54 PM
If you're selling only the charger.....down the line......let me know

I might have to do that. Ill post up.

HuGo
02-06-2008, 11:55 PM
if you aren't going to FI the s52.

That's the plan. Not right now but FI is in my plan or all motor. If i find a wrecked m3, ill have the tranny there.

thesk8nmidget
02-07-2008, 12:03 AM
i would search for a full car too hugo! that way you can also take out some goodies from it. maybe swap the dash too if you get a sedan.

and then any parts you dont use sell them!

tiFreak
02-07-2008, 12:10 AM
i would search for a full car too hugo! that way you can also take out some goodies from it. maybe swap the dash too if you get a sedan.

don't forget the front bumper and mirrors

HuGo
02-07-2008, 12:13 AM

and then any parts you dont use sell them!

If i can get a not so trashed M3 that's the plan. I did the math...if everything goes as plan, either i would pay a grand at most or it would have came out to be free doing this swap. Im so anxious to find an m3 now. After that...ill start saving up to turbo it.

DustenT
02-07-2008, 12:58 AM
If i can get a not so trashed M3 that's the plan. I did the math...if everything goes as plan, either i would pay a grand at most or it would have came out to be free doing this swap. Im so anxious to find an m3 now. After that...ill start saving up to turbo it.

I'm sure you know this already, but it's worth posting for others to be aware of.

The s52 steps you up into a whole new level of modification costs. I'm looking at FI'ing my m3 and I'm looking at about a $10k price tag. That will get ~450hp. For that price you really need to look at what you are getting for that price. Used Z06? Used e46 m3?

The unfortunate thing is that there are only like 4 people in the US that do BMW DME tuning, so having a OBD2 BMW and trying to tune it is like pulling teeth. There are a couple of nice kits out there that provide tuning, but you are pretty much stuck at that point, everyone wanting to run a GT35R turbo or bigger needs to run full standalone. Keep that in mind when deciding what to do, standalone adds $3k-$4k to that $10k price. :) Hope you got a good job! I do, and I can't afford this.

HuGo
02-07-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm sure you know this already, but it's worth posting for others to be aware of.

The s52 steps you up into a whole new level of modification costs. I'm looking at FI'ing my m3 and I'm looking at about a $10k price tag. That will get ~450hp. For that price you really need to look at what you are getting for that price. Used Z06? Used e46 m3?

The unfortunate thing is that there are only like 4 people in the US that do BMW DME tuning, so having a OBD2 BMW and trying to tune it is like pulling teeth. There are a couple of nice kits out there that provide tuning, but you are pretty much stuck at that point, everyone wanting to run a GT35R turbo or bigger needs to run full standalone. Keep that in mind when deciding what to do, standalone adds $3k-$4k to that $10k price. :) Hope you got a good job! I do, and I can't afford this.

You know what, to be honest, i dont know if i want to spend 7k on a turbo. LoL. Are you still going to buy that T.T. GB turbo kit for 6k? I saw some supercharger kits go for $4500? That's not to bad. I might just go all motor with basic bolt ons with the S52 and ill be happy. Like manifold, ltw pulleys, 3.5 intake, injectors, tuning. That should get me where? 280rwhp hopefully? Aslong as i can pull on evo's, v8s, sti's, Z's some porsche's and ill be good :smile:

I would still want an e30 M3, and also hopefully get another e46 one day.

The reason why im considering this is cuz im getting my tax return. I can get a decent amount of money back from my setup. And i might get $2,000-3,000 bonus in my job. It'll be cheap and possibly free. So why not?

DustenT
02-07-2008, 02:18 AM
You know what, to be honest, i dont know if i want to spend 7k on a turbo. LoL. Are you still going to buy that T.T. GB turbo kit for 6k? I saw some supercharger kits go for $4500? That's not to bad. I might just go all motor with basic bolt ons with the S52 and ill be happy. Like manifold, ltw pulleys, 3.5 intake, injectors, tuning. That should get me where? 280rwhp hopefully? Aslong as i can pull on evo's, v8s, sti's, Z's some porsche's and ill be good :smile:

If you go all motor, you won't be making 280rwhp. Take a look at what I have:

'99 s52
90k miles
Dinan Stage 4 software
Dinan Big Bore Throttle Body
Dinan Fuel Pressure Regulator
Dinan 3.5" MAF
Dinan 3.5" Carbon Fiber CAI
m50 manifold swap
Dinan free flow exhaust

This is what I dyno'd at (corrected):
http://180customs.net/Gallery/d/6276-2/DSCF5340.JPG

That list of mods would run you at LEAST a couple grand. Remember that the s52 is rated at 240hp at the crank, more like 200hp at the wheels. I doubt that I can run Evos, STIs and Zs, then again, I'm not a street racer so who knows. It is hella fun to drive, and scares the crap out of me as it is.

The reason why im considering this is cuz im getting my tax return. I can get a decent amount of money back from my setup. And i might get $2,000-3,000 bonus in my job. It'll be cheap and possibly free. So why not?

How is it free? If you put that money into a high yield savings account you'd be making a dollar a day on interest. That adds up, and before you know it your making money doing nothing, just be sitting on cash. I suggest enjoying what you have, even though it's easy to lust after things we don't have. Your DASC setup is rock solid and you just dumped a ton of $ into it for the software. Unfortunately a boosted m3 will NEVER be as reliable as a DASC'd 318ti.

HuGo
02-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Aww man. So what would get me about 280? A guy here in LA has similar mods like you and he was pulling on Evo's. Pretty much hes not FI.

Free what? Well technically not free cuz i once paid for all this. But i meant is, it might not cost me so much money to do the swap. Its not like i have to respend another 5gs. From my bonuses, tax returns, and money back from selling the dasc, it should cover the expenses.

-VF offers a supercharger kit for $4500. That's not too bad. 350hp 295tq at 6psi. Id be kool with that.

-AA offers a kit for $4400 360hp 300tq at 7psi. Im great with that too. $100 bucks cheaper too, lol.
http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=Product21

*this one is beautiful. I know a guy with a ti with this setup. It looks freaking awesome! 418hp 380tq at 9.5psi. but i wont be able to afford this one, lol.

http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=Product22A

http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=Product03 :eek:

thesk8nmidget
02-07-2008, 03:22 AM
mmmm well if its free why not give me your dasc!

lol maybe if things go right i may want to purchase the setup you have. but no promises just maybes

DustenT
02-07-2008, 04:56 AM
You'll probably need to swap in an M-Coupe rear subframe to handle any additional torque. Be sure to factor that into the cost, along with a clutch that can handle 500ft/lbs of torque.

the governor
02-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Dusten you mentioned that the ZF or Getrag tranny will work with the S52. Is it a direct bolt on or do you need to swap bell housings?

HuGo
02-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Dusten you mentioned that the ZF or Getrag tranny will work with the S52. Is it a direct bolt on or do you need to swap bell housings?

I believe you will need an m3 clutch & m3 flywheel to use the getrag with the s52.

DustenT
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM

The bell housing is attached to the tranny, it's one piece. If you keep the Getrag, you'll need to swap in a m3 master and slave cylinder, along with m3 flywheel/clutch (as Hugo mentioned) along with the appropriate throwout bearing. Here are some pics of the tranny in your car. It have only about 40k miles on it when I put it in, but that 5th gear grinding may be an invitation to replace it with a ZF unit. In any case, a tranny swap is easy if it does blow.

http://180customs.net/Gallery/d/490-2/Picture_015.jpg

http://180customs.net/Gallery/d/487-2/Picture_013.jpg

the governor
02-08-2008, 02:31 AM
I wasnt sure in the Getrag and ZF trannys were similar to those of Nissans KA and SR trannys. Internals are the same you just need to swap the bell housing.
Sorry to high jack Hugo's thread. Is the ZF a stronger unit than the Getrag?

DustenT
02-08-2008, 04:44 AM
I wasnt sure in the Getrag and ZF trannys were similar to those of Nissans KA and SR trannys. Internals are the same you just need to swap the bell housing.
Sorry to high jack Hugo's thread. Is the ZF a stronger unit than the Getrag?

Yes, ZF is stronger. The ZF came standard in the e36 328 and m3.

HuGo
02-08-2008, 05:54 AM
What if i had went with the uuc 8.5lb flywheel with organic m5 clutch? Would it have still worked with the s52? Cuz i was planning getting the ZF and THEN doing the clutch/flywheel.

DustenT
02-08-2008, 03:11 PM
What if i had went with the uuc 8.5lb flywheel with organic m5 clutch? Would it have still worked with the s52? Cuz i was planning getting the ZF and THEN doing the clutch/flywheel.

Yes, that is a good combination for a stock/mildly modded s52. If you go FI you'll need more than that, look at South Bend clutches. I'll probably go with one of their clutches soon.

HuGo
02-10-2008, 11:13 PM
So i thought about possibly doing something else.

I'm going to look for a good body/interior ti with possibly high mileage or a blown motor. I'm looking to spend a max of 2k. I plan on swapping my setup into that ti and sell it. I would make the money i want and then some. I should be able to get half of the cost of an S52 supercharger :smile:

I'm not really sure yet of what i want to do. But i am currently now searching for a Ti. Ive had offers for my tuning and dasc seperate without the motor. Marv is the only person that is interested in everything i had posted in my first post.

I gotta think about everything i want to do. One thing is for sure, a 332ti is the new project. I'm hoping i get this done by summer. I also hope to be supercharged by the end of the year or next year.

Marv17
02-10-2008, 11:38 PM
yes yes. so that means i got first dibs. :biggrin: :2gun: :_peace:

lazoh
02-18-2008, 11:46 PM
yes yes. so that means i got first dibs. :biggrin: :2gun: :_peace:

True that but as we all know money talks!!

HuGo
02-18-2008, 11:54 PM
True that but as we all know money talks!!

LoL.

mybimerz3
09-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Is this Dasc sold yet?

JG

mybimerz3
09-08-2009, 05:19 AM
Its this still up for sale? Yes or No?

Thanks,
JG

Marv17
09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Its this still up for sale? Yes or No?

Thanks,
JG

sry man, but that'll be a hell no. sold long time ago. Used ones for cheap are hard to come by. But new is most likely up your alley. GL.

tiFreak
09-09-2009, 01:19 AM
FYI, the date the post was made is in small letters in the top left corner of the post, this threads over a year old

mybimerz3
09-09-2009, 02:55 AM
FYI, the date the post was made is in small letters in the top left corner of the post, this threads over a year old

THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS!! I too knew of it. That’s one of the advantages of being a forum member for 10 years on 8 different Forums. I believe I read most of the thread and no where was mention a finalized deal.

And I just love to come and reply to an older 4sale "Un-finalized" thread, that’s how I've gotten most of my best buys! A BMW z3, a busa bike and other toys...

JG

HuGo
09-09-2009, 03:52 AM
SOLD!

tiFreak
09-09-2009, 03:55 AM
lol

and it's pretty often we have new members bumping really old threads, with your post count and join date and the fact that you made two posts 4 minutes apart I just assumed you were new to forums

HuGo
09-09-2009, 04:22 AM
I know. I saw that the other day and I was like "damn this clown didn't even wait like 10 mins"

mgbman69
09-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Wow, that's funny

HuGo
09-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow, that's funny

I think so too.

mybimerz3
09-09-2009, 01:45 PM
LOL, "a Clown" Who are you two to talk about who is a Clown.... LOL

1) At last I’m not the one making idiotic Jocks LOL

2) I don’t throw 10K On a 15 year old car LOL

3) I don’t use an avatar with a naked girl LOL

4) I don’t have a Freak innuendo in my user name LOL

5) I don’t have a Pokémon on my Avatar... LOL

DO YOU GET IT NOW>>>??? :wink:

In less Any of you two can support with real facts and real grown up man words any of this "5" FACTS like real man, then I don’t want to hear anymore immature comments...!!

Thanks,

Marv17
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM

In less Any of you two can support with real facts and real grown up man words any of this "5" FACTS like real man, then I don’t want to hear anymore immature comments...!!

Thanks,

whoa whoa whoa... someone woke up on the wrong side today, .... Calm down buddy. Nothing was geared to you take take it that personal. sheesh. lol.

96cali
09-09-2009, 05:40 PM
hugo, freak, marv- no harm in my book resurrecting a FS thread with a final sale notice. Just picked up a set of wheels that way.

mybimerz, think you're over reacting a bit. These guys are on the young/vocal/smart ass side of things but they really didn't attack you personally.

calm down :cool:

HuGo
09-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Grow up kid.

Thanks,

ZEK
09-09-2009, 08:46 PM
1. What?
2. His car is badass, don't hate
3. Whats wrong with girls?
4. You care why
5. Same as four
These are retorical questions

lazoh
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Finally!!!! Some drama in the org :)

HuGo
09-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Lol nah I dont want to start drama. But if this child still wants too, by all means.

HuGo
09-09-2009, 10:51 PM

Whos car?

Marv17
09-09-2009, 11:03 PM

Whos car?

my car is... and your car is too... :biggrin:

... everyone's car is badass...

tiFreak
09-10-2009, 01:54 AM