PDA

View Full Version : Comparison E82 v E92

StealthBimmer
02-23-2008, 02:26 AM
Read this thread on 1addicts for comparison of the two E82 v E92.

http://www.1addicts.com/goodiesforyou/E82_Complete_Vehicle_Manual1.PDF

thesk8nmidget
02-26-2008, 08:04 PM
nice find i want one of those for the ti

mohaughn
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I love that for all that information there is on mention that it is an overweight pig. All of this history lesson, but no mention that the cars come in close to 2 tons fully loaded with people, fluids, etc...

They also buy into the BMW run-flat mantra, "the car is lighter with run flats, because you don't carry a spare and jack."

I'd rather carry that extra 50 pounds or so then spend the kind of money that you will spend on run-flats. Not to mention that the pressure sensors are prone to breaking, and are expensive.

I'm definitely in the camp that thinks BMW needs to do something about the weight of their cars, and go back to using regular tires. Using run flats to reduce weight is not the right thing to do. Just makes the car more complicated, and gives you more expensive stuff to fix when it starts to fail.

tiFreak
02-29-2008, 02:05 AM
They also buy into the BMW run-flat mantra, "the car is lighter with run flats, because you don't carry a spare and jack."

I'd rather carry that extra 50 pounds or so then spend the kind of money that you will spend on run-flats. Not to mention that the pressure sensors are prone to breaking, and are expensive.

I'm definitely in the camp that thinks BMW needs to do something about the weight of their cars, and go back to using regular tires. Using run flats to reduce weight is not the right thing to do. Just makes the car more complicated, and gives you more expensive stuff to fix when it starts to fail.

what about those cool James Bond ones that reinflate themselves? :cool:

TJ_ti
03-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Not worth the hassle. I really do not think that I will be looking for a BMW if/when I am looking for a new car. That saddens me to say that, but I really do not like any of them.