PDA

View Full Version : E46 M3 Again Maybe?

HuGo
03-11-2008, 01:20 AM
As some of you guys know...I'm thinking for buying an E46 M3...again. But this time to keep it. I am thinking of selling my ti to buy an M3 OR look for one that is cheap where i can afford to make the payments without having to sell my ti.

I am looking to spend no more than 25k for an M3 right now. If i sell my ti, I'll have enough money to put 10k and just take out a loan for 15k. If i want to keep the ti, then ill only have a few grand or so.

One of the biggest issues is insurance. I went to my friend's parents insurance business the highest quote i got for full coverage is 300 monthly!

Now, i am hoping that i can get around to paying $650 a month at most for both payments and insurance.

Now, i have no idea what to do. I really love my Ti and I dont want to let it go, period. If i decided to keep the Ti, then i would have to start looking for a better paying job so i can afford to buy the M3 at 20k+ and keep the Ti.

My main goal is to ge one again this year. So i might just start saving up and get one at the end of the year.

Some ppl just told me to just straight up sell the ti and get the M3.

GAH! i dont know what to do. But i do know i want an E46 again. My TOP goal is to get an Alpine White M3. If i cant get a white one, next would be a midnight blue again, or a dark gray.

Pic of what i want:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/AlpineM3ab.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/AlpineM3.jpg

Pic of the M3 i had:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/M3.jpg

elchicano
03-11-2008, 01:30 AM
I would wait, i too would want an e46 M3, but right money wise im not there yet. Get a better paying job and then get the car. I'm waiting until i graduate probably i'll give myself that for a grad present. But make sure you can afford it. It isn't worth messing your credit up if you wont be able to make the payments.

HuGo
03-11-2008, 02:14 AM
I just have to really think about it.

BakeR318
03-11-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm sure you have a story behind it...but I can't think of good reason why you sold the M3 in the first place. That's my dream Bimmer. Good luck on finding a new one. Theres a reaaally nice one in my area for sale for 21k. Too bad we're an entire country away from eachother.

P.S.- I'm diggin the white one. Might be the best looking color on the M3 besides the yellow :D

M3_KILL3R
03-11-2008, 02:24 AM
WAIT.....

you had an m3.................and you sold it!!

i say ditch the Ti and get the m3. The Ti is a great car but you cant compare it to an e46 m3 honestly

BakeR318
03-11-2008, 02:27 AM
+1 to what Garik said. I've driven the E46 330i and it was the best ride ever..I can't even begin to imagine how sweet the M3 would be. Go for itt!

DustenT
03-11-2008, 02:56 AM
You still live at home right? Do you ever plan on moving out? Living in California means expensive housing, so if you end up taking out a $20k loan and you want payments w/insurance under $650/month you'll need to finance a 5 or 6 year loan. Do you plan on living at home for that long? Don't ever assume that you'll make more money or have a better job in the future, hope for the best but plan for the worst.

I will tell you this...buying a car that is out of your league is a very bad idea. Generally speaking, if you can't afford to buy the car out right with cash, then you are over your head. Start your adult life without $700/month worth of car payments. You have the rest of your life.

HuGo
03-11-2008, 04:40 AM
i guess that's true. i was thinking of getting a 7 year loan. And i was thinking that somewhere in between i would have a degree; by then, be able to pay it off sooner with bigger payments.

I have been thinking of lots of things like getting out of cali (los angeles). I want to own a house one day. With the way things are going out here, you have to atleast have like a 7k monthly income to make that happen :frown: I was planning on moving out to arizona. They have some NICE real nice apartments going for 500-600 a month. A cheap sh!t apartment out here costs 1,250+ a month.

elchicano
03-11-2008, 04:43 AM
You could always come out to colorado it's better than arizona:biggrin:, and apartments are about in the same price range. But yea wait until your income is about right.

classicronnie
03-11-2008, 05:19 AM
Dont ever come to nevada lol, chuck the ti and get the m3

thesk8nmidget
03-11-2008, 02:46 PM
dont get yourself in a loan of this measure at this age.

you need to be living on your own for at least a year and have a taste of real bills of living on your own (it isnt cheap)

keep the car you love for now and keep it if you dont want to get rid of it. you will kick yourself if you do.

just my oppinion

mohaughn
03-11-2008, 03:45 PM
:confused:

If you already owned an E46 M3 shouldn't you know exactly what the loan payments and insurance look like? There is no way a dealer/bank would let you drive a car like that off of the lot without having proof of insurance.

Kind of hard to forget the past when it keeps getting brought back up by you...

thesk8nmidget
03-11-2008, 03:47 PM
what is the story behind your old m3?

why dont you still have it?

HuGo
03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
It was a money maker.

lazoh
03-11-2008, 06:14 PM
huh?

He bought it to sell it right away and make a few bucks.

thesk8nmidget
03-11-2008, 06:20 PM
gotcha

thanks for the clarification

jgrimm
03-11-2008, 06:28 PM
K I didn't read everything... But can you actually get a M3 like that for 25k in the states!!! My god I'm jealous! I tell you what you should do.... Buy it and drive it up to canada and sell if for 40k+ to a rich oil pig bastard who dosn't know better. (Trust me, there are a lot of them in Alberta). Just my two cents.

DustenT
03-12-2008, 12:43 AM
what is the story behind your old m3?

why dont you still have it?

It's some BS story that he made up. He got a job at some car dealership and took a picture with it. Then he posted on this forum that he just bought it. He ended up getting caught up in his lie and the thread probably go locked...

Hugo - remember when you said this?
I dont really give a flying f*ck what you think. But if you must know....

well first of all, you guys cant afford it cuz you guys have bills to pay, i dont. I assume u guys spend 2gs alone on bills, i dont.

As for me, my school pays for my classes every semester(thats like 500 bucks i dont pay). I live with parents and dont pay bills. I get grants for school. I hardly use that money cuz my school is already paying for my classes to begin with so i just buy books(another 300+ i dont pay) and still some. I work 2 jobs. One full time, and part time.

Anyone that gets grants for school and drives an e46 m3 is an idiot. No offense.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13948&highlight=e46

Bobbak
03-12-2008, 01:02 AM
why the hell does anyone even care if he owned it or not. If i feel like saying i have 7 m6's one for everyday of the week in different colors then i'll say it but its up to the people reading it to believe it or not, even thought it doesn't matter

WHO CARES:confused:

everyone take a DEEP breath and relax :)

elchicano
03-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Yea what bobbak said leave the past behind deal with the present:biggrin:

HuGo
03-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Like i said before, i dont have to prove anything to anyone. If you believe me or not is all up to you. I dont really get any satisfaction or any kind of prize if you believe me or not.

Anyway, for now i will keep the ti and do the s52 swap. Ill start saving up money to get another M3 later.

HuGo
03-12-2008, 01:39 AM
...and its not so much that I cant prove it, there's nothing in it for me.

HuGo
03-12-2008, 01:40 AM
K I didn't read everything... But can you actually get a M3 like that for 25k in the states!!! My god I'm jealous! I tell you what you should do.... Buy it and drive it up to canada and sell if for 40k+ to a rich oil pig bastard who dosn't know better. (Trust me, there are a lot of them in Alberta). Just my two cents.

The white M3 posted is going for 26.5k but im sure you can lower the price with cash in hand :wink:

the governor
03-28-2008, 03:10 AM
I checked out a silver 99 M3, nice looking car but then I got in the ti and ripped off 1st-3rd and remembered how much more fun the ti is. :cool:

Kohote
03-28-2008, 04:04 AM
hope for the best but plan for the worst.

I will tell you this...buying a car that is out of your league is a very bad idea. Generally speaking, if you can't afford to buy the car out right with cash, then you are over your head. Start your adult life without $700/month worth of car payments. You have the rest of your life.

+1
Great advice. E46 m3's will last for many years, you do not need to get one right now. Wait until you are in a better position to afford the car. They will be cheaper in a few years and if you can pay straight up you don't have to pay any interest to the bank. :cool:

BobbyDigital
03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Geez, here we go again!

HuGo
03-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Geez, here we go again!

?