PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Meet - April 2008

Marv17
03-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Alright. It's 3 weeks til the next meet. Save the date for April 12, 2008. Not sure what you guys want to do this time. I know some of us wanted to do a drive last time and others to work on their car. I propose the idea of meeting up at my place in the morning and working on the cars til 11am and go for a drive down PCH, north or south, til dark. We can get something to get on PCH for lunch or cook out somewhere. We can talk about how we're gonna meet up for Bimmerfest and what we want to do. Since its 2 months away now...

Or, we can just work on the cars again. Clean them up inside and out.
Or, just go for a drive only and go to a beach and hang out.

what you guys think?

hopefully ill have my spoiler on by then to show you guys. :biggrin:

Bobbak
03-26-2008, 11:01 PM
i doubt im gonna get anything for my car my dog attacked my mailman twice and i gotta wait like 2 extra weeks for them to ship everything to my grandmas house

Marv17
03-26-2008, 11:29 PM
why you sending it to your grandma's house? is it cuz your dog attacked your mailman and doesnt want to deliver to your house anymore? your dog seemed pretty cool, calm, the time we were all at your house. .. sucks. well there's still about 3 weeks to the next meet and about a month and a couples til bimmerfest.

lazoh
03-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Lets get a list of people attending?

1. Marv17
2. Lazoh
3. Bobbak?

the governor
03-27-2008, 05:53 AM
I'm finally able to get into the M shop to get my DME recoded on the 12th @2:00. I know its the middle of the day but if you guys want we could meet up here Arcadia/Monrovia/Duarte/Pasadena area in the morning work on some cars or whatever and check out the M shop in the afternoon then go for a drive we would be right at the 2 for a cruise up Angel's Crest.
I’m down for whatever the place is but I’ll have to get to the M shop by 2:00.

Bobbak
03-27-2008, 07:21 AM
i just bought a 13 megapixel camera so im anxious to try it out and as for the meet what about a trip to angels crest?

Marv17
03-27-2008, 07:57 AM
hmmm.... i kinda wanna check out that M shop. i think thats a good idea. So Noah, guess you're offering your place? :biggrin:
im in for that. who else likes that idea?
and i've never been to angeles crest. hopefully there's no ice anymore, no offense garik, but wouldnt want the same happen to anyone of us.

F*ck, that spoiler better get here in time.

Jesse, will you be able to make it out?? its alright if you can, i know its a far drive for you man. after that time me and bobby went out there i understand. its freaking far from all of us.
a 13mp?? what?! dang. thats a lot. i read that the more pixels is mostly made for professional photographers that make huge pictures/images. anyway, guess bobby is our photographer now.

alright so its:
1. Marv
2. Lazoh
3. Bobbak
4. The Governor
5. Hugo?
6. Jesse?

hey M3 killer, you gonna come to this one??

HuGo
03-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I say we do what noah said. And there is no way garik is gonna come with us to angeles crest.

Garik, you going to angeles crest with us?

the governor
03-27-2008, 02:18 PM
My place for a work space, hang out, grill out.

the governor
04-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Spotted this sweet ti on 605 heading north around 4:20 today.
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC01463.JPG
Marv the car looks good:biggrin:

HuGo
04-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Who knows how to install an x brace?

Marv17
04-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Spotted this sweet ti on 605 heading north around 4:20 today.

Marv the car looks good:biggrin:

haha. thanks noah. im proud what i've changed to this car since i've gotten it. did you honk while you were driving 2 lanes over? lol. for some odd reason i just looked over and bam, i saw a ti. then i recognized it was you and was like tight....
ur ti looks sweet on the road noah.

... on that note anybody seen a white ti that drives on the 605 as well? i've seen it twice already. then there's this other one that blue or black. it was hard to tell since it was getting dark. it was near my house..
they're appearing up more and more.

regarding the xbrace install... there should be a write up somewhere. i've read it before. doesnt understeer have one? or pelican parts??

oh. for the meet. i have something that came up for the morning. i have to go to this open house thing for the university i'm transfering to, so its important and cant miss it. i'll be able to meet up around noon tho.

noah. could you pm me your address and cell??

Mini M3
04-02-2008, 05:21 AM
fellow ti'z,
i just moved here from Maryland, a 2900+ mile trek and I brought my Ti (of course). Got space for one more?

Bobbak
04-02-2008, 05:41 AM
of course :rolleyes:

Marv17
04-02-2008, 06:59 AM
fellow ti'z,
i just moved here from Maryland, a 2900+ mile trek and I brought my Ti (of course). Got space for one more?

sure. always room for more. what part of So Cal did you move to? ... you should come to our meet next week. its on saturday april 12th. thats if you can come of course. even for a little bit.
any pictures of your ti?

HuGo
04-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Isnt there a drift day on april 12th? Lets go to that.

the governor
04-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Isnt there a drift day on april 12th? Lets go to that.

Yep Streets of Long Beach (http://formulad.com/pro-championship/long-beach.html)

X-Brace Install (http://www.understeer.com/xbrace.shtml)
I have everything except a torque wrench, extra x brace, and x brace mounting hardware.

the governor
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
did you honk while you were driving 2 lanes over?
Yeah a little nice car honk.

ur ti looks sweet on the road noah.
Thanks maybe at the next gtg we can get some rolling pics of everyones cars. I know what mine looks like parked I'd like to see it moving.

noah. could you pm me your address and cell??
yeah I'll send them over. Anyone else that needs directions let me know.

cooljess76
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I'll be there guys. I might be driving the ClubSport. Finally got around to dropping the tranny yesterday. Turns out it didn't need the new tranny afterall. All it needed was a new clutch disc, which I also had laying around. The old clutch disc had a sheared spline, meaning the center portion where the tranny's main drive spline engages was sheared off. Anyway, Harold I have an extra tranny for your Hellrot Ti if you want it brotha. LMK, I could bring it to the meet and help you install it later.

1. Marv
2. Lazoh
3. Bobbak
4. The Governor
5. Hugo
6. Jesse
7. Mini M3

Marv17
04-02-2008, 06:17 PM
hmm... the streets of long beach DRIFT event sounds cool. what time does it start? and does it cost anything? and its JUST DOWN MY STREETS :biggrin:
hey jesse, nice to hear you got the CS running smoothly again. i dont think i actually got a good look at her the last time.
so whats the deal with the meet? we gonna meet at noah's place first? eat? go to the M shop? or the DRIFT event? all of it sounds good to me either way.

cooljess76
04-02-2008, 07:40 PM
hey jesse, nice to hear you got the CS running smoothly again. i dont think i actually got a good look at her the last time.

Thanks Marv, nobody's seen her yet. It's been parked in front of my house since October. I used the wheels off of it for a while on my '97. But the car itself has been sitting in the same spot in my signature pic for 5 months:frown: It runs great though, but I might need a new battery. I'm putting the tranny back in today or tomorrow and I need to change the oil before I drive it. Besides that, I'm going to swap the hood and rear bumper from my '97 since the ClubSport's hood and rear bumper are oxidized and the clearcoat is peeling. It's coming together and I hope to sell her sometime next week. That'll give me 2 or 3 weeks to get an s52 and install it in my '97 before Bimmerfest:biggrin:

HuGo
04-02-2008, 08:30 PM
We are doing the drift thing for sure.

the governor
04-02-2008, 08:37 PM
If its the drift event I'll have to meet up with everyone afterwards. I have to be to the M Shop @ 2:00 that Saturday to recode my DME. So I can finally register the ti in CA and officially transfer ownership. I don’t think Dusten wants it in his name any longer.

cooljess76
04-02-2008, 08:59 PM
So I can finally register the ti in CA and officially transfer ownership. I don’t think Dusten wants it in his name any longer.
Especially after that string of liquor stores that we knocked off last week:eek:

the governor
04-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Especially after that string of liquor stores that we knocked off last week:eek:

I thought we were ok the evidence is gone :drunk:

Marv17
04-02-2008, 11:35 PM
hmm... i thought you brought the CS around once. guess i got it mixed up. well cant wait to see how it is jesse.
but yeah. whatever time you guys wanna meet ill be able to come by after 12pm. gotta take care off some business first. I hit up Jeff, aka socalpinoy86, and said he might be able to stop by.

i think we should cast a vote for what we all wanna do as a group.
1) noah's place and m shop
2) noah's then DRIFT?
3) just meet for the DRIFT event?
4) ??

personally. im up for going up to noah's and the m shop. it'd be nice seeing the shop and getting any info.

HuGo
04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Do what you guys want. I wont be able to make it.

Marv17
04-05-2008, 11:39 PM
okay. thats cool. next time bro.
so since no one is saying much. lets just do the original plan. noah's place. the M shop. then whatever happens after happens. maybe just go back to his place?? how does that sound guys???

the governor
04-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Thats cool with me. I'll make sure I have burger and char coal ready to go. What time does everyone want to meet up?

Marv17
04-06-2008, 01:06 AM
i can bring some soda and chips? ill bring diet coke for you Harold. lol.
well, ill be free after 12 cuz im going to an open house at Fullerton State. ill be there tho for sure.

the governor
04-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I have to be to the m shop at 2. We can grill before or after beside M shop at 2pm I'm open for anything.

Marv17
04-07-2008, 04:44 AM
so. i've been talking to socalpinoy86, aka jeff. he said he might be able to show up for this meet after 5:30. i was going to give him a call about that time to let him know where we're at so he can meet up. gotta fill him in with what's been going on with the SoCal members....
plus colin86325 might be able to swing by as well.

Bobbak
04-07-2008, 07:27 AM
sounds good

im really close to buying hids for my fog lights

Bobbak
04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
i think i got court on the 12th not sure what time so i might be late

Marv17
04-07-2008, 06:15 PM
its alright bobby. hopefully your court time is in the morning. good luck. be careful on what you say.

lazoh
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
i think i got court on the 12th not sure what time so i might be late

Court on a saturday:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I smell an excuse not to show up!

lazoh
04-07-2008, 10:30 PM
i can bring some soda and chips? ill bring diet coke for you Harold. lol.
well, ill be free after 12 cuz im going to an open house at Fullerton State. ill be there tho for sure.

Thanks Marv and make sure its diet :tongue:

Marv17
04-07-2008, 10:39 PM
so.. new updated list:
1. Marv17
2. Lazoh
3. The Governor
4. Jesse
5. Bobbak (will be late)
6. SoCalPinoy86 (maybe)
7. colin86325 (maybe)

Thanks Marv and make sure its diet

yeah, ill remember to get at least one. lol. How's the red ti coming along? updates?

lazoh
04-07-2008, 10:54 PM
yeah, ill remember to get at least one. lol. How's the red ti coming along? updates?

I've been out of the country for the past 15 or so days, nothing but hoping to get more done in the next couple of months.

Marv17
04-09-2008, 05:48 AM
oh. well you should hop on the deals with ddm tuning for your red ti. :biggrin:

cooljess76
04-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Harold, I got your tranny and I'll help you put it in. I'm getting pretty good at it, but I'm going to need a compressor and an impact if you want to replace the clutch while we're in there. My tranny's back in and the new clutch works great, but I found out that the previous owner only used one bolt to mount the starter and the bracket was cracked, so today I pulled the starter and had the bracket welded. The starter goes back in tomorrow and the clubsport will be running! BTW, Hugo found us some motors, so we're getting close to swap time. Are you in? I think we could save a couple grand if all 3 of us go up there with cash. They're in Santa Barbara, so I'm going to go up there and check them out. LMK if you want in on the action.

the governor
04-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I've got an electric impact, garage space, and cold beer.

For those that are coming this weekend what time do you want to meet up?
Marv and I were talking about meeting around 12 or so and heading to the M Shop around 1 then a short drive and back to my place to grill out and wrench on whatever. I'll be home all morning if anyone wants to come by earlier.

Jess if you need a place to crash you're welcome to stay at my place.

lazoh
04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Harold, I got your tranny and I'll help you put it in. I'm getting pretty good at it, but I'm going to need a compressor and an impact if you want to replace the clutch while we're in there. My tranny's back in and the new clutch works great, but I found out that the previous owner only used one bolt to mount the starter and the bracket was cracked, so today I pulled the starter and had the bracket welded. The starter goes back in tomorrow and the clubsport will be running! BTW, Hugo found us some motors, so we're getting close to swap time. Are you in? I think we could save a couple grand if all 3 of us go up there with cash. They're in Santa Barbara, so I'm going to go up there and check them out. LMK if you want in on the action.

Thanks Jess!! In regards to the clutch do I need to buy a clutch for a '95 318ti? Or is the tranny newer? I got an air compressor and an impact that I can bring over to Noah's house.

cooljess76
04-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks Jess!! In regards to the clutch do I need to buy a clutch for a '95 318ti? Or is the tranny newer? I got an air compressor and an impact that I can bring over to Noah's house.
Yeah you'll need a clutch for the m42 unless you want to upgrade the flywheel as well. If this is the car that you plan on doing the swap with, then you might consider getting an m3 or m5 clutch and a corresponding flywheel. We can do it anywhere as long as there's a nice flat place to put the car up on jackstands. I ended up using my neighbor's driveway. I wasn't planning on doing it this Saturday, but sometime in the near future would be alright. I'm pretty sure I could tackle it in one day.

Bobbak
04-11-2008, 01:12 AM
ok i got it figured out i have court on the 12 of may not april. i've been working on a mod that reduces my electricity bill from a lamp that used 150 watts to 22.5 watts with only 900 mAH. its full of leds ill post pics. BUT anyways yeah ill bring tools so i can finally do the trunk light mod for you guys

Marv17
04-11-2008, 01:22 AM
hey bobby. can you make me two of them? lol.

lazoh
04-11-2008, 02:06 AM
hey bobby. can you make me two of them? lol.

I will really need 2 of them! :biggrin:

the governor
04-11-2008, 09:16 AM
I need to fix some saggy interior inner on the passenger side a-pillar. Some I pick up some spray adhesive? Also lazoh can you bring a oil light reset tool?

Bobbak
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
after 7 years my soldering gun finally crapped out on me WTF now i cant do anything i got a little 30watt one but it sux and i keep burning myself lol

ok well ill be in la from 8 till whenever tomorrow getting my X brace installed tomorrow and then after thats done ill fly down to noahs house

what time is everyone gonna be there is there a set time or do we just show up W/e

as for the leds ill bring them but we need a soldering gun so marv if you can bring urs then that will be awsome

Bobbak
04-12-2008, 12:11 AM
bump

elchicano
04-12-2008, 02:34 AM
post some pics up of the meet

Marv17
04-12-2008, 03:37 AM
i'll charge up my camera tonight to take pics of the M shop and at Noah's place. Its said to be a nice warm day saturday :biggrin: finally. Hey bobby, ask jesse if he can bring his. Im sure he has a good one thats if he'll let you use it.
i dont think i need to do anything for tomorrow on my Ti. Not yet anyway. Damn spoiler hasn't come yet and its been like 3, close to 4 weeks now. ugh.
hopefully this meet will be a good one. should be like 6 or 7 of us there. (excluding hugo. lol) jk man. sucks that they cut your hours this week tho.

cooljess76
04-12-2008, 03:53 AM
I'll show up around noon, but I may have to leave for a little while to pick up this:biggrin:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300212700569&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020
I know it's not Ti related, but that thing retails for over 1500 bucks! I already have the matching amp for it and I've been looking for that particular receiver for almost 2 years! Notice what time the auction ended and the time that my bid went through, damn I'm good:tongue: Anyway, I'll bring my soldering iron for Bobby and take a few pics. The ClubSport is nowhere near finished, but it'll be good enough to make it down there.

lazoh
04-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Ok guys, so what time are we meeting at Noah's house?

HuGo
04-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Whatever time i say to meet up.

Be there by 1. Or pretty much anytime before 2.

the governor
04-12-2008, 05:28 AM
When ever is cool with me. Should leave for the M Shop around 1:00 1:30 at the latest.

Bobbak
04-12-2008, 08:11 AM
thanks jess :)

ashylarry
04-12-2008, 08:23 AM
what time tommorow? someone pm me all the info. I wanna get my car seafoamed and rsm's put on

Marv17
04-12-2008, 08:56 AM
excuse me hugo? thought you werent going yo? b*tch ill show up when i want, k? lol, jk man. i think noon-ish should be good. no? it should be enough time to meet up, talk and chill for a bit, and organize what we'll do and get accomplished for the day's meet.
B, i sent you a pm earlier. did you get it?
if you're seafoaming it, get two cans.
i may have to do my oil change but thinking of doing it later in the month for bimmerfest. ill probably just wax the car. lol. ill give you guys a call tomorrow afternoon. k.

HuGo
04-12-2008, 11:19 AM
I aint going but it doesn't mean i can't setup the time.

So anywhere from 10am-1:30pm is good.

cooljess76
04-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I aint going but it doesn't mean i can't setup the time.

So anywhere from 10am-1:30pm is good.
Lol, you're joking right:redface:

HuGo
04-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Joking about?

cooljess76
04-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Like last month when you tried to cancel the meet because you couldn't make it. Sorry to break it to you but the meet goes on with or without you and we'll all agree on the time and place. I'm leaving my house in about 30 minutes, see ya next month!:cool:

HuGo
04-12-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm leaving my house in about 30 minutes

So you're going to be there between 10am-1pm like i said? :tongue: