PDA

View Full Version : Saw The 128i Today

mickd
04-10-2008, 03:29 AM
I went to a BMW dealership in Milwaukee to pick up a new alternator/water pump belt, a new A/C belt, and a couple of oil filters for my '95 ti. After getting the parts I was browsing the BMW showroom and saw the new M3 in black, just incredible! I love it, and black is my favorite on BMW's, and most any German car. Well, I was curious about the new 1 series and asked the saleswoman if they had any, she said there was one out on a test drive. I waited a few minutes and the 1 series had come back. It was a bronze 128i. I did not like the looks at all. I had seriously considered buying a 1 from it's performance specs, but after seeing it I know at this point I really don't like it at all, the curved line going through the side of the car is more pronounced in person. The car probably would look much better in black, but that's my taste. I really didn't like the looks of the front end or the shape of those headlights either. I don't think the looks of this one will grow on me either. I'll have to see one in black before I make my final judgment, but I am not excited about this car anymore.

teetime4one
04-10-2008, 03:32 AM
+1

tiFreak
04-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I like them, if I had the money (which I don't :() I'd definitely buy the new tii 1ers once they come out, of course, that's just my opinion, unlike most BMW drivers, I like the new Bangle-designed Bimmers

my $.02

jgrimm
04-11-2008, 06:05 PM
I think most of the new bimmers look like boring daily drivers. The only new designs that have that exciting bmw style are the 335's, M-coupes, and M6's. The rest are just too bland and remind me of every other car on the roads.

Is it just me, or does the 1 series look really tall and high off the gound?

thesk8nmidget
04-11-2008, 06:40 PM
i would rock it proudly!

anyone wanna gimmi 40 grand?

larryn
04-13-2008, 11:50 PM
I think they look tall and skinny in pictures. Go see one in person, before you make up your mind, like mickd did. Also, the wheels and body kit on the 135i make a huge difference in looks, in my opinion. (but I'm a bit prejudiced) :)

I put a tune in mine yesterday, and I should be around 380hp/400ftlbs to the crank now. It is insanely quick, and would do hurt to the 332ti that I have. I'd like to get my hands on a friend's G-Tech Pro, but I assume I'm darned close to 4 seconds to 60 now.

After I did the tune yesterday, I went out and actually gave myself a speed induced headache from a dozen WOT pulls on a country road.

Borg561
04-14-2008, 06:05 AM
I put a tune in mine yesterday, and I should be around 380hp/400ftlbs to the crank now. It is insanely quick, and would do hurt to the 332ti that I have. I'd like to get my hands on a friend's G-Tech Pro, but I assume I'm darned close to 4 seconds to 60 now.

After I did the tune yesterday, I went out and actually gave myself a speed induced headache from a dozen WOT pulls on a country road.

Screw the pics, we need videos. :D

Justin

tiFreak
04-17-2008, 06:28 PM
I just saw a 135i on the street today, now that I've seen one in real life, I think they are a little too tall or not wide enough, I'd still take one