PDA

View Full Version : tech meet in april 2008?

cali-ti
04-13-2008, 02:01 PM
figured i'd open a new thread to discuss the subject of a tech meet in april rather than just continuing to abuse that poor other thread ;)

so ... what dates would be good for people and what tech things would people be interested in doing?

from what i recall 20 april is another euro GTG and we were also looking to do a drive afterwards (right?) so that date is out. sean and dave work most saturdays so sundays would be best.

teetime4one
04-13-2008, 03:24 PM
how about april the 27th?
i have some suspension parts to install (sway bar and maybe an Xbrace)
that plastic cover under the windshield.
Seafoam
and a couple of bushings for the front end.

elchicano
04-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Ha! a day after my b day, sounds good. Well i gotta ask Dave see if he's interested. I'll like to sea foam the Ti too. That's basically all i gotta do.

Borg561
04-13-2008, 04:36 PM
April's no good for me, beeing as I just started a new job and went part time at the old one. I pay my car taxes tomorrow, then I'm thin on money until May. Payday on April 30th for the new job, but it's only for 5 days, decent paycheck this Friday from my old-FT (now PT) job, then it's every other Friday after that (4 days on each of those paychecks). So I've got about 3-weeks pay to last me about a month.

I'd definately look forward to a future tech meet though.

Justin

PettitWC
04-13-2008, 10:12 PM
i'll have to double check on the 27th when I go to work tomorrow

kaydenver
04-14-2008, 03:17 AM
I'm not sure.
Right now I have some problem about emission test.

NOx GPM Limits 3.0000
my badboy was 3.2179
so I didn't pass emissions.

I have long tube header & Magnaflow Catalytic Cat Converter from ebay last year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-318iS-318Ti-Magnaflow-Catalytic-Cat-Converter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33629QQihZ004QQitemZ140124367746Q QrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I still don't know what i'm gonna do.
should I buy a new Cat or get new Oxygen sensor?

:frown::frown::frown:

elchicano
04-14-2008, 04:20 AM
Is it something about the cat that causes that. I'm not sure i thought after market cats casued this. Not sure. If i was you clay if you can switch back to your stock cat pass the emission and then change back.

teetime4one
04-14-2008, 04:24 AM
that's what i was thinking Clay

elchicano
04-14-2008, 04:26 AM
If we can remove the cat quick i can let you borrow mine for a couple of hours or something and i'll try out your magnaflow in my Ti.:biggrin:

PettitWC
04-14-2008, 04:27 AM
Is it something about the cat that causes that. I'm not sure i thought after market cats casued this. Not sure. If i was you clay if you can switch back to your stock cat pass the emission and then change back.

i agree

kaydenver
04-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Thanks for offer but all my down pipe in 1 piece:frown:

elchicano
04-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Dam i thought i was gonna drive around with a magnaflow exhaust.:frown: oh well i guess you might have to take that one piece out.

woh
04-16-2008, 12:26 AM
I've been gone a lot. Trying to catch up to this thread.
I think I'm ok for the 27th. May just watch and help.

Anyone know anything about the inside of the Instrument cluster. Actually it's my daughters 328is.

elchicano
04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
What about the cluster werner, what's wrong with it?

PettitWC
04-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Anyone know anything about the inside of the Instrument cluster. Actually it's my daughters 328is.

the extent of my knowledge ends with the fact that there's a chip or something that tells it how many miles are on the car and service interval stuff. what's wrong with it?

elchicano
04-16-2008, 12:54 AM
By the looks of it i don't even know if im gonna get the car running this week. I wish i knew how to replace a lock cylinder myself. The mechanic cant get it out, and he says he might have to break it by pieces which i don't what he means by this.

PettitWC
04-16-2008, 01:08 AM
he says he might have to break it by pieces which i don't what he means by this.

there has got to be an easier way than that

woh
04-16-2008, 03:08 AM
What about the cluster werner, what's wrong with it?

Well.... Everything works as best as I can tell. But there is a noise coming from it like a mouse was inside. It also makes a few clicking sounds like a relay. It does it even when the key is out. When I disconnect the fuse from the battery directly to the instrument panel the scratching noise stops. (the mouse dies)

I don't want to open the thing without knowing a little about what is inside. It might even be caused by some of the signals going into the Instrument panel. The instrument Panel looks expensive. I'd like to get one to take apart as experience before I open the one on the car.

woh
04-16-2008, 03:19 AM
By the looks of it i don't even know if im gonna get the car running this week. I wish i knew how to replace a lock cylinder myself. The mechanic cant get it out, and he says he might have to break it by pieces which i don't what he means by this.

The Haynes manual for the 3-series has instructions. Here is what it says.

Position the lock cylinder as shown (at about 1o'clock) then insert a 1.2mm (3/64 in) diameter rod into the hole in the cylinder (in the picture, this is at about 4o'clock position) Depress the lock cylinder detent, and slide the lock cylinder out of position.

you might also do a search on http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/index.php

elchicano
04-16-2008, 04:07 AM
Thanks werner, but i tried that before getting the mechanics. I have had two an none of them could take the cylinder out. So i have decided a shop is where i need to take it:frown: I didn't want too but i see no other way.

elchicano
04-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Well the tech meet on saturday isn't good for me or sean. Dave cant do it next weekend, so how about the first week of may? Is that good with you guys? How about you dave since it's at your place?

teetime4one
04-18-2008, 03:59 AM
yep

cali-ti
04-18-2008, 04:46 AM
let's see when's good for dave since it's his house :) i'm pretty open and flexible.

PettitWC
04-18-2008, 06:11 AM
i think i have the rest of the weekends off this month!! i'll just try to keep myself updated

wolferj-RIP
04-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Ahh, you kids have all the fun... No one around here wants to play together.. almost makes me wish I was in the Denver area. (notice I said almost!) Actually I was around the area a couple of years ago, but it was only to move my sister and her family out here to raise her twins. BTW, has anyone gone to Large Marge's for Philly Cheesesteaks? She is a former local girl here, who moved there to pursue the dream...

teetime4one
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Ahh, you kids have all the fun... No one around here wants to play together.. almost makes me wish I was in the Denver area. (notice I said almost!) Actually I was around the area a couple of years ago, but it was only to move my sister and her family out here to raise her twins. BTW, has anyone gone to Large Marge's for Philly Cheesesteaks? She is a former local girl here, who moved there to pursue the dream...

i'll have to look into her eatery...i love cheesesteak sammies!

elchicano
04-22-2008, 04:28 AM
okay since i might have the Ti ready by the end of the week lets get this tech meet rolling. Since Dave can't do it this weekend how about Sunday May 4th or the sunday may 11th? I may be low on my power steering so if someone can help me out with that. Sean and me wanted to sea foam our Ti's as well. Also we might have 3 new people to the crew so it would be good to meet them. So how about it sounds good to you guys?

cali-ti
04-22-2008, 04:44 AM
whenever is good for every one else (especially dave if we're going to his house).

elchicano
04-22-2008, 04:46 AM
yup we gota see what he says, i should have asked him first. So Dave when is good for you?

PettitWC
04-22-2008, 06:01 AM
hey dave, i have a bunch of ATF lying around for your power steering if you want it. you just have to move the wheel back and forth and fill it up. I have no idea what my schedule looks like so I can't say for sure

teetime4one
04-22-2008, 10:09 AM
sounds good...i need to get the ball rolling.
i have a list of stuff to do to my car.
my trim showed up last night.

elchicano
04-22-2008, 02:15 PM
yea chris i'll like to do it but i don't know how. But if you can make it and we can fill her up that would be cool. Sean that trim is so easy to put on. I think that's about it. I have other stuff to do but i think i'll do it later.

teetime4one
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
the new trim goes on today.
i think i'll keep the old trim for the time being.
but, the Little POS That Could will look good with a side view face lift.

side note: i have a tracking number for my bumper. it is now moving around California.

elchicano
04-22-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna call them in a bit, lets see if they can get my stuff going.

thesk8nmidget
04-22-2008, 08:38 PM
woot! get that **** rolling! cant wait to see the bumper mounted! are you going to paint your skirts and rear bumper to match?

teetime4one
04-23-2008, 05:13 AM
i will have it all painted to match.
dave and i hung out today....we went to a Colorado Rockies game...then met up with another member (Carlos) and his red club sport.
good times

thesk8nmidget
04-23-2008, 03:07 PM
mmm i wanna see this club sport! i saw him when he joined and was excited since then to see pictures!

elchicano
04-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Yup its sweet needs some TLC but still i would want it. Sean thanks for the invite and the beer.:biggrin: I got you next time. Carlos thanks for the air bag I'm gonna put it up in a while got to wait 30 min because i just disconnected the battery.