PDA

View Full Version : Muffler shop performance

ahutson03
05-31-2002, 11:26 PM
I don't know if any of y'all ever read the wonderful publication "Grassroots Motorsports" but they did a test last month that intrigued me. They took a Volkswagon and dyno tested many designer exhaust systems like Bosal, and Supersprint, just to name a few, then they tested two different muffler shop systems that were bent in-house at a local muffler shop. I was certainly shocked when $180 crush bent systems dramatically beat out the boys from Italy(Supersprint) and South Africa(Bosal). Not only them but also some reputable VW guys like Eurosport. I was just wondering any of you had done this to their Ti's. If so I would love your feedback.
Andy Hutson

ayton
06-27-2002, 12:53 PM
I think I'm going to try this out...I was hesitant at first but I can't see spending $600 on an exhaust. also I feel it's fair to point out that VW's respond very well to fabbed systems...I should know, i still have my 85 GTI (2nd one) and I have had MS fabbed systems on both and they performed wonderfully...noticeable gains!BUTT Dyno proven http://www.happytogether.com/318ti/forum/wink.gif