PDA

View Full Version : what kind

StevenTN318
01-27-2002, 03:30 AM
Hey, I was just wondering how many people had an intake system for their ti and what kind. If you could tell me where I can find one to. Thanks a lot guys, I know you'll come through for me.

------------------
Why look like all my friends at high school and drive a civic, when I can beat them in my TI?

shutterbiker
01-27-2002, 03:45 AM
i have a bmp design k&n cone filter kit.
i have had it for two years and have felt
that it is an improvement over the stock air box ( i had a k&n panel filter in it) . i
have been thinking of adding a heat shield, but as of now, there isn't one made for the ti ( except the aluminum type ). i talked to ecis and they said that they may have one by the summer ( they are supposed to e-mail
me ,if and when).

[This message has been edited by shutterbiker (edited 01-26-2002).]

barische
09-14-2004, 04:17 AM
hey man im also in high school and have a 318 ti i was lookin forward to get cosmo racing CAI. they say it will add 7 hp but it looks cool and i think it will improve my performance and it wont cost lots of huindreds its 103 bucks now.

1rstbmw!
10-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Does any one know if there is any difference in performance in the k&n intake and the cosmo racing intake.

GDB
10-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Does any one know if there is any difference in performance in the k&n intake and the cosmo racing intake.

if there is then it's not a noticeable difference.

I've got a fogged airbox and it works fine for me. Although I may try and put together a new setup this weekend with a k&n cone that i've had sitting around. I'll also be trying to fab up a heatshield if I get this done (along with the other 500 things I wanna take care of this weekend). If I'm sucessful then i'll try and post up pics for you guys, if not then oh well.

barische
10-08-2004, 04:49 PM
i just installed cosmo racing intake. and i am very pleased wihtt he results.
the sounds so much more louder and there seems to be some but very little perfomace increase. i been hearing that k$n intakes sucks because when their filters gets dirt they let dirt go into engine. well i say go wiht cosmo they have good stuff for reasonable price