PDA

View Full Version : Driving School and Car Control Clinic is SoCal.

30yrMbr
05-27-2008, 04:45 AM
This is an open invite to any 318Ti.org member who can make it out to Willow Springs ("The Fastest Road in the West") on either Saturday or Sunday May 31 & June 1.

The BMW CCA LA Chapter is putting on two one day driving schools at Willow Springs. Any Ti owner who shows up on either day is guaranteed a ride around the track by one of the instructors on hand.

The LA Chapter has been running track schools at Willow Springs, Laguna Seca and California Speedway for the last 3 decades and we have some fun at it. Want to come by, see what goes on, sit in on a classroom session if you like and get some rides around the Big Track at Willow, just show up, bring a helmet if you have one, or we have some loaners.

I am one of the co-Registrars for the event, and an Instructor as well, so you can be assured of an "E" ticket ride in an instructors car (I'll have two there), if you show up.

Willow Springs is about 4 miles west of Hwy 14 at Rosamond offramp. You will be charged $10 to enter the racetrack, but that is all that is involved, besides signing some waivers and getting some wrist bands to put on.

Come on out and see what we teach at the Driving School and get a ride or two.

Roger (aka 30yrMbr).

Marv17
05-27-2008, 06:11 AM
hmm... id be down to go. just got to see how far it is exactly though, haha. but i dont have any type of experience of tracking, is that alright? oh and i have an automatic... :frown: ... dont know if thats a downfall or limitation.

the governor
05-27-2008, 06:25 AM
Roger
I'm very interested in a driving day. Are there any other days this summer or fall, I need a little lead time to adjust my schedule.
Thanks
Noah

Marv17
05-27-2008, 06:55 AM
noah. if you can go, i might be able to on sunday.

thesk8nmidget
05-27-2008, 02:40 PM
sweet sounds fun!! wish i was closer ;)

30yrMbr
05-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Roger
I'm very interested in a driving day. Are there any other days this summer or fall, I need a little lead time to adjust my schedule.
Thanks
Noah

Noah,

We are having another school at California Speedway (aka AAA Speedway) the end of September, Saturday & Sunday 27 and 28th. Keep a eye open for the opening of registration on the LA Chapter's website (www.bmwclubLA.ora).

San Diego Chapter is putting on a Driving School July 19 & 20 at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. It is about 2 1/2 hours from Orange County, off of I-5 at Lerdo Hwy.

Hope this helps your planning.

Roger

30yrMbr
05-28-2008, 12:23 AM
hmm... id be down to go. just got to see how far it is exactly though, haha. but i dont have any type of experience of tracking, is that alright? oh and i have an automatic... :frown: ... dont know if thats a downfall or limitation.

Marv;

You automatic is fine to drive out to Willow Springs to see what's going on at at Driver School. We are not accepting any more applications to enter the school, I was just wondering if anyone out here wanted to come see, and get a ride or two in an instructors car.

For your info, the CCA schools are geared to the novice, we have a higher percentage of first timers in our schools than not. Any car is acceptable, auto or manual, except for convertibles.

Come on out, check it out, and maybe you would like to try one in the future.

Roger

mohaughn
02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Hello,

Thanks for sharing such a useful post, one of my friend wants to learn driving and she is looking for cheap driving courses (http://www.freetrytrafficschool.com/), could you please tell me any online traffic courses.

Regards,
sarah_9

This is for performance driving and advanced car control. A lot of BMWCCA chapters do offer "learn to drive" type courses for teenagers, those are more of a defensive driving and basic techniques, and are usually taught on a skid pad, not a track.

If anybody has the opportunity to go to this you really should check it out. Just realize that it is very addicting and it will suck your wallet dry... If anybody in the east coast wants to experience this type of thing I instruct at Florida courses(Sebring, PBIR, Roebling) and can do ride alongs for the right coasters.