PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Boston... maybe

pnosker
06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey guys,

I might be in Boston again this summer. Nothing's firm yet, but would you guys be interested in meeting up like last time? I'm pretty flexible this summer, thankfully.

-Pat

StealthBimmer
06-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Come on up to Boston Pat! Let me know ahead of time so maybe I can take some time off from work. If not then weekend is good too. :biggrin:

pnosker
06-09-2008, 11:08 PM
I think I will... just have to figure out a time I can leave (where I don't screw up job/summer class stuff). One thing is that I have a parking ticket in Boston (for $100) that I haven't paid... because I was LEGALLY parked (there was a no-parking sign but it had an arrow pointing away from where I was parked) and I tried to contest it with pictures, but they wouldn't accept them unless I went to court about it. They won't tow my car or anything, will they?

Marv17
06-09-2008, 11:14 PM
i dunno how it is in boston, but here in SoCal if you don't pay a simple parking ticket when its due the fine gets bigger and maybe turn into a warrant or something. happened to my friend. he ignored like 2 or 3 parking tickets and now he owed about $3000 in fees and fines. :yikes:
hopefully this is not the case for you or in Boston.

StealthBimmer
06-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Boston won't tow for ony one ticket. $100 ticket for what violation? You can go to City Hall to fight the ticket during a weekday. http://www.cityofboston.gov/parking/ There will be interest and late payment added to the ticket. :( Hope you can set up a time and date soon. I will try to rally up some MA localy guys to hang out. Always welcome out of state ti members to come hang out with us. :)

pnosker
06-10-2008, 12:04 AM
It was a $70 violation (Parking in No Parking area) but turned to $100 when I didn't pay it after a month. It won't go up any more.

ATF
06-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Collect enough tickets, you'll find a boot on your car. Thankfully I'm not speaking from experience. I'll be watching this thread to see if we're meeting up :)

pnosker
06-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Oh I WILL come... but it won't be for at least a few weeks. Sometime after July 5, and probably Friday - Sunday or Tuesday - Thursday (I have class on Monday and Thursday).