PDA

View Full Version : Installed CD and Speakers

teri4lance
08-03-2001, 01:14 AM
I saw over in the exhaust discussion a few questions about rear speakers, I think it was Dan. Well I just installed a Blaupunkt "Honalulu" in my '98. It was real easy to do using the Crutchfield adapter, your basic plug in to the factory harness If you use the factory amp.The amp is not a very high quality piece and is located in the trunk on the drivers side. Be advised if you do not wire your speakers around it you are 1.not using the head unit amp, but instead the factory unit. 2. pushing alot of wattage from the head to the inputs of the factory amp, causing alot of distortion, enough that I blew the rear woofers in about 4 days. And I do not play alot of bass stuff, I am an old fart after all. The only problem intalling the stereo was that the core wire of the antenna broke. It is very fragile. If you use a Blau there is no ant. adapter required.The lights on the Blau are almost exact matches for the factory. It cost around $250. While I was in there I ran a RCA cable and power, (constant 30 amp line and acc.12v) from the head to the trunk for the amp and sub that will be forthcoming. If you do this, beware of the clips that hold on the door sill cover, they break easily and are MUCH easier to take off than to put back on. I also put new speakers in the kick panel and rear panel.I'll post that next.