PDA

View Full Version : M44 Build Up

pnosker
06-24-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm thinking about getting a used M44 and DASC. Basically my dad and I are going to rebuild the motor with better parts/increase displacement/etc. Being the uneducated college student that I am, I need advice. I really like the Metric Mechanic's stuff, but can't afford it. There's tons of very good machine shops near New Brunswick (where I'm a student) that can do the work for me as long as I tell them what I want. If this were your car, and you had a fairly restricted budget, but made good price/performance compromises, what would you do? I would like the final displacement to be near 2.1 L or more. What should the dimensions of the cylinder be? Length of connecting rods? Should I have the valves changed? This needs to be DASC friendly since I'm planning on boosting it too...

thesk8nmidget
06-24-2008, 04:12 PM
check out marko's thread.

he is doing the same thing you want to do

pnosker
06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh yeah I forgot... he IS doing the exact same thing... I think his budget is a little higher than mine though. He's got a nice car!

thesk8nmidget
06-24-2008, 04:26 PM
i think he would be able to further help you with all the details though

pnosker
06-24-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree... thanks for reminding me of him. Maybe I'll ask to borrow his rods so I can get copies CNC machined or something haha...

thesk8nmidget
06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
yeah no problem.