PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Meet - July 2008

Marv17
07-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Alright fellas. So its that time of the month again... the monthly meet. So it looks like it's going to land on July 12th. AND we already have an idea. It will be held in Ventura this time. So Jesse, you have NO excuse for not being able to show because it'll be at David's house, aka VROOMCP, lol. There will be a BBQ at his house. Not sure what else we'll do, but its a start. For those of us that haven't met David now is our chance to get to know the guy and see his Ti.
I have already asked if it was cool to post his address and he was cool with it. So here it is:

30 Carriage Square
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 340-3284

Bring some tools in case we are able to do lil projects on the ti's or something, if that's cool with David of course. Oh, every member should bring something to contribute to the BBQ as well.

Here's the list so far, guys that usually go. Any new members that have recently joined the org, now is the chance for us to meet you and for you to meet us.

list:
1) David - our host :cool:
2) Lazoh
3) Bobbak
4) Noah
5) Hugo
6) Jesse
7) Marv
8)
9)

Hugo, I know you don't have a ride so we'll arrange a way to pick you up. Oh, and make sure you bring my new camera :biggrin: lol.

Oh and any other ideas to do while at the meet are welcome. as long as we all agree as a group majority. Deal?

318tifan
07-02-2008, 06:27 AM
i'll try my best to make it y'all
we need to get some girls in the socal group hahaha

cooljess76
07-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I told you guys, David is awesome! I'm definitely there, don't be surprised if I show up on my bicycle.

VROOMCP
07-02-2008, 02:08 PM
should be lots of fun.

Marv17
07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I told you guys, David is awesome! I'm definitely there, don't be surprised if I show up on my bicycle.

that's what i was expecting or your honda bike. lol.

lazoh
07-02-2008, 04:59 PM
so far so good for me and where is the rest of the crew?? Bobby you going? Hugo, is your car ready bro?

Marv17
07-02-2008, 06:18 PM
what about you Noah? You in?

lazoh
07-02-2008, 10:56 PM
what about you Noah? You in?

I figured he was but you're right, how about it Noah? Are you in?

318tifan
07-03-2008, 07:37 AM
ok, so when are we meeting that day??
i'm coming from the desert, so i might book a hotel in ventura the night before or the night of, or both...
what's there to do in ventura? anything fun??

cooljess76
07-03-2008, 09:07 AM
David's house is actually in Oxnard which is right next to ventura, but there's plenty to do up here. This meet will most likely be a simple g2g/BBQ. The driving part will be on your way up here. PCH is pretty scenic, but the 101 may be a little faster. We're only about an hour and a half north of LA, maybe 2 and a half from Riverside/San Bernardino. David will announce the times when the day gets closer, but I wouldn't imagine it going too late in the evening as he has a family.

Downtown Ventura has plenty of bars and pubs, nothing really big as far as night/dance clubs. Obviously we have the beach and harbor, but there's pool halls, bowling alleys, movies, golf, strip clubs and anything else you guys might be in to. For now lets just plan on hanging out with David, getting our grub on and chillin.

Ojai and Santa Barbara are also nearby and very nice. Both towns are home for a lot of celebrities and quite scenic places to cruise through. Ojai is a cool place to grab a bite to eat, cruise the canyons, hike and ride mountain bikes while Santa Barbara is a cool place to go shopping, walk around and enjoy a nice view along the coast. Downtown Ventura is probably your best bet because it's walking distance from everything. A couple blocks from the beach, great little cafes and restaurants, pubs, shops and a movie theater. We have a really nice mall as well.

Oxnard is cool too, lots of good restaurants and big department stores. It's right between Ventura and Camarillo. 30 minutes north of Malibu and 30 minutes south of Santa Barbara.

the governor
07-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Sorry guys I'll be drunk in San Luis Obispo the weekend of the 12th. David I look forward to meeting you at SoCal Euro, I've already got my room booked.

lazoh
07-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Ok, the updated list is:

list:
1) David - our host
2) Lazoh
3) Bobbak?
4) 318tifan
5) Hugo?
6) Jesse
7) Marv
8)
9)

Who else is going?

BMW_Hatchback
07-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I'll be there in spirit.

I live in the soggy east coast :(

VROOMCP
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
That Saturday is pretty much open so whenever you guys decide you wanna show up is fine. I wanna get a head count a few days prior to the meet to place my order for tri-tip and chicken. sooooo good!

I have a pretty big garage and air tools just in case you wanna do some work on your ti's. If anyone has an S52 laying around bring it too...:smile:

I'm not sure what to expect, as this is the first time I host something like this but I'm sure everything will fall in place.

lazoh
07-03-2008, 11:27 PM
That Saturday is pretty much open so whenever you guys decide you wanna show up is fine. I wanna get a head count a few days prior to the meet to place my order for tri-tip and chicken. sooooo good!

I have a pretty big garage and air tools just in case you wanna do some work on your ti's. If anyone has an S52 laying around bring it too...:smile:

I'm not sure what to expect, as this is the first time I host something like this but I'm sure everything will fall in place.

Thanks for hosting us David and as per the list we should be 5 - 6 of us unless more people sign up. Hope fully we can at least have these many since the past couple of meets have been weak and only 2 - 3 people showing. Once again thank you and see you soon!!

VROOMCP
07-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Hey Lazoh bring your Avus ti if you can.

lazoh
07-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Hey Lazoh bring your Avus ti if you can.

For sure Dave! I was planning on bringing it but here is a pic of the M from a meet that I went today.

VROOMCP
07-04-2008, 04:18 PM
that's hot!

the governor
07-04-2008, 04:33 PM
For sure Dave! I was planning on bringing it but here is a pic of the M from a meet that I went today.

Harold where was the GTG?

lazoh
07-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Harold where was the GTG?

Just down the street in Eagle Rock, we are planning on going to San Gabriel next Friday and it's too bad you can't make next week's meet:frown:

lazoh
07-04-2008, 06:13 PM
that's hot!

Thanks bro and we need to make a Z M run one of these days :biggrin:

the governor
07-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Starting next finacial quarter I'm giving myself every saturday and one full weekend a month off this way I can make it to the GTG and spend a weekend with the wife. Everyone wins, and I win twice.

lazoh
07-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Starting next finacial quarter I'm giving myself every saturday and one full weekend a month off this way I can make it to the GTG and spend a weekend with the wife. Everyone wins, and I win twice.

Sounds like a winning plan!

S52Commander
07-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Is my eye sight going or something??!:eek: Theres actually going to be a meet with 5 plus ti's this summer??? I'm nearly speechless. Can I come? :rolleyes::biggrin:

S52Commander
07-06-2008, 05:59 AM
Just down the street in Eagle Rock, we are planning on going to San Gabriel next Friday and it's too bad you can't make next week's meet:frown:

Could this be the fremont meet? If so; it's NOT riddled with a certain generation?

cooljess76
07-06-2008, 06:18 AM
Is my eye sight going or something??! Theres actually going to be a meet with 5 plus ti's this summer??? I'm nearly speechless. Can I come?
Of Course!!! Last summer we had a meet with 21 Ti's and 2 more showed up later for a total of 23. Hoping to get the crew back together. We've lost a few since then but there's been a few new members so those numbers are still a possibility. PettitWC(Chris) moved and hydrolocked his Ti, insurance totaled it:frown: M3_KILL3R(Garik) rolled his Ti down angeles crest:frown: Jaimito79(Jimmy) fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his ClubSport into the median:frown: mothman(Dee)'s motor blew up and Saintse36(Gino) sold his Ti:mad: Right now, me and HuGo are down for s52 swaps, hopefully running soon:biggrin: Hope to see you and your beautiful car next weekend!

Marv17
07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Dude S52commander, ya gotta come... everyone is welcome to show.

Ok, the updated list is:

list:
1) David - our host
2) Lazoh
3) Bobbak?
4) 318tifan
5) Hugo?
6) Jesse
7) Marv
8) S52commander
9)

... i bought an extra M3 front lip, so im gonna bring it along in case we have free time. i want to sand it down and perhaps paint it if time allows me to.

lazoh
07-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Could this be the fremont meet? If so; it's NOT riddled with a certain generation?

That is the one, I have not personally attended this one but I will check it out just for kicks!

S52Commander
07-07-2008, 12:04 AM
That is the one, I have not personally attended this one but I will check it out just for kicks!

I've been wanting to check it out. Last wk I went, & I was too late. They'd already headed to Arcadia. ...lately I've been under the impression the meets "for kids" ...but I want to check it out before coming to that conclusion...

On another note: anyone want to caravan to the oxnard meet?! I'll be around lake/210freeway.

lazoh
07-07-2008, 12:47 AM
I've been wanting to check it out. Last wk I went, & I was too late. They'd already headed to Arcadia. ...lately I've been under the impression the meets "for kids" ...but I want to check it out before coming to that conclusion...

On another note: anyone want to caravan to the oxnard meet?! I'll be around lake/210freeway.

I'm planning on going friday and I'm down to caravan. Marv, Bobby and Hugo want to caravan over to Oxnard?

At what time are we taking off?

Marv17
07-07-2008, 03:42 AM
yeah ill caravan. umm... i was thinking somewhere around 10 at the latest to get there at a good time. and spend the best part of the day there. or earlier.
however, ill be leaving early like around 6 or so from there. have plans after the bbq with some girls :wink:
hugo doesnt get off until 2pm that day.... so he'll probably have to drive himself since we're leaving early.
i havent heard anything from bobby tho. dont know whats up with him. he's MIA.

harold, could ya bring your peake tool? :biggrin:

VROOMCP
07-07-2008, 03:48 AM
harold, could ya bring your peake tool? :biggrin:

I have one just in case....:smile:

S52Commander
07-07-2008, 04:19 AM
Ok! Who lives where & what time is everyone heading out? If theres a caravan; Wheres the special spot that we join up at?

I'm actually excited... (doesn't happen as often as I'd like for these events)... so that speaks tons.

S52Commander
07-07-2008, 04:21 AM
& for Lazoh.. what time will you be at this Alhambra meet? Anyone else interested?...

8p.m. I think is when this thing starts. I'll double check.

Marv17
07-07-2008, 09:59 AM
umm well ill be down to meet up around 10am or so. unless we agree to some other time. last time we met around lazoh's place since and that was chill. it was off the 210 and 605 area.
david- cool. thanks. cuz man this stupid light came on again. i can never figure it out. i think its still the secondary air pump. damn that thing.

when is this alhambra meet going on?

jaimito79
07-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Damn, wuts up guys? Long time no talk too. Hope everyone is progressing in their persute to build there dream cars. I've been super busy. Anyhow I'd love to go to this meet but ive got no bimmer. I'm gona try to take my cousin, he's got an 07 e90 and we just got the wheels for it. I'm gona make every effort to make it out there. We'll catch up later dudes...

cooljess76
07-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey Jimmy, Long time no see! Look forward to seeing you next weekend!

VROOMCP
07-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Lets shoot for 10:00am. If you're here earlier or later thats cool. Mi Casa es su Casa..

lazoh
07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
& for Lazoh.. what time will you be at this Alhambra meet? Anyone else interested?...

8p.m. I think is when this thing starts. I'll double check.

I beleive it starts at 7:00 PM this friday, we will also (I think) do the Eagle rock meet this Thursday but the Bimmerforums thread has not been updated yet and this one also starts at 7:00 PM and we meet at the In & Out in Eagle Rock on Harvey.

lazoh
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
umm well ill be down to meet up around 10am or so. unless we agree to some other time. last time we met around lazoh's place since and that was chill. it was off the 210 and 605 area.
david- cool. thanks. cuz man this stupid light came on again. i can never figure it out. i think its still the secondary air pump. damn that thing.

when is this alhambra meet going on?

MArv, let's try and meet at 8:00 - 8:30 AM since David is expecting us at around 10:00 AM? The walmart parking lot off the 210 and Mountain in Duarte works and Hugo do you need us to pick you up or can you meet us here (assuminf that your ti is not ready yet).

Alhambra meet at 7:00 PM Marv.

Marv17
07-07-2008, 06:36 PM
damn. 8:30am it is then. lol. the walmart is on the left side off your exit right?
Hugo will have to meet us there cuz he gets off work at 2pm and we'll already be at David's house by then. sry hugo.

about the other meets, i won't be able to show cuz i have class and work at that time. :frown:

S52Commander
07-08-2008, 05:58 AM
So mountain at 8a.m. sharp?

By the way; Since this will be my first time meeting "everyone." Why are you into ti's? Hobby; to tinker with them... mod them? Does anyone go to tracks?

Also, Lazoh; which tires does the roadster/ti carry? Your cars look sweet!

Marv17
07-08-2008, 06:53 AM
umm... good question. ill figure that out commander and let you know on saturday haha.
i still cant wait to check out what it looks like under your ti's hood. could ya take me out for a spin in your ti? cuz i still havent been in a swapped ti before. i wanna see the BIG difference for once.

VROOMCP
07-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Hey guys - Some good news and some bad news:

The Good: All my parts came in today (Bumpers, lights, moldings, etc...)
The Bad: The Ti goes in for paint tomorrow so it wont be in attendance this Saturday
I still really do look forward to meeting you all.

David

S52Commander
07-08-2008, 07:23 AM
haha..
You want to feel power?! :eek:Theres this guy in the eagle rock area with a ti thats 400hp! I'd sure like a ride in that baby. (drool)
My ti's pretty beastly compared to the stock engines though.:wink: A tech friend got my ti to 100 on the harvey onramp alone! But then again he KNOWS cars. I don't have those mad skills yet. Still trying. Anyone know about rev-matching? I've been trying to figure it with no luck.:tongue:
BMW's are different than JDM cars. That's why I can't wait to meet all you BMW gear-heads! all my friend's are/we're into the jdm thing.

Marv17
07-08-2008, 07:51 AM
David - oh what? that is bad news and good news at the same time. i wanted to check out your ti real bad because it has authentic ac schnitzer parts, and just to take a look at it.
next time i guess.

commander - yeah. we all know about that ti in LA. it belongs to the guy that owns the M Shop. its a S52 with a AA supercharger twin screwed. i saw that engine bay and my jaw dropped in awe. it looked so amazing and clean. i wanted it. since then i've been plotting ways to take it haha.

lazoh
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
So mountain at 8a.m. sharp?

Also, Lazoh; which tires does the roadster/ti carry? Your cars look sweet!

Mountain and the 210 at 8 am (walmart parking lot).

I got Nitto tires on the roadster and some off brand tires on the ti (Champiro:confused:) got them for cheap and they do the job just fine!

VROOMCP
07-08-2008, 07:24 PM
David - oh what? that is bad news and good news at the same time. i wanted to check out your ti real bad because it has authentic ac schnitzer parts, and just to take a look at it. next time i guess...

Yeah a bit of a bummer but I can't wait to have the ti "showroom condition". lol. I dropped her off this morning so I should get it back in a couple weeks (maybe sooner). If you want to see the ACS Parts, ask Jess (I took the rear spoiler off last nite)...:wink:

David

318tifan
07-09-2008, 06:45 AM
hey folks.... looks like i won't be able to get out of la until noon on saturday... which will give me a eta in ventura at around 1pm? would y'all still be hanging out??

Bobbak
07-09-2008, 08:34 AM
hey guys whats up where we meeting up on satruday whats the official time and place
i've been busy and haven't really had time to keep up with the posts

good news i just got my hub centric rings from eBay and im getting tires tomorrow so i'll have my new rims on my ti for the meet

Marv17
07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
318tifan - yeah, i think we'll still be hanging out about that time. so no prob showing up at that time. just be there. lol

bobbak - its at david's house in oxnard. near jesse's place. i was going to meet up harold and commander (sry, forgot your real name) off the 210 frwy in the morning. you're welcome to caravan with us to there..

Bobbak
07-09-2008, 09:41 AM
wheres the caravan and what time?

lazoh
07-09-2008, 02:55 PM
wheres the caravan and what time?

We are meeting at the walmart off the 210 and Mountain ave. in Duarte and we are meeting up at 8:00 AM.

Can't wait to see your new wheels :)

318tifan
07-10-2008, 08:27 AM
hey guys... anyone got a obd2 code reader?
got a check engine light on the ti, and my folks took it to a chinese mechanic who said something about fuel injectors? the car drives fine... light first came on a while back and then the battery died... after jump starting the car, the light went off for 2 weeks and about 1000 miles then it came back on... if someone can bring their code reader this weekend and help me trouble shoot that'd be great!

lazoh
07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
hey guys... anyone got a obd2 code reader?
got a check engine light on the ti, and my folks took it to a chinese mechanic who said something about fuel injectors? the car drives fine... light first came on a while back and then the battery died... after jump starting the car, the light went off for 2 weeks and about 1000 miles then it came back on... if someone can bring their code reader this weekend and help me trouble shoot that'd be great!

David and I have one and we will have it available for you to use, At what time are you meeting us? You are not able to caravan in the morning with us, right?

HuGo
07-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Tried to surprise you guys but wont be able to. Car will be ready on monday; lets hope. Will show up in the integra. Gotta enjoy the last moments of 28mpg. I get out of work at 2. So if all goes well ill be there at 3 or so.

318tifan
07-11-2008, 06:35 AM
yeah... something came up from 10-noon on saturday... as soon as it's done i'll be on my way... thanks in advance for the help... the mechanic was quoting me like 500 bucks in parts to replace each sensor... so i'm looking for a second opinion! =)

so... what's everyone bringing to the bbq?? noon/driving is probably not a good combination for whiskey/vodka eh?

S52Commander
07-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Hey yeah! What should I bring to this? I forgot about the BBQ part.
Is this a tech/new peeps meet up? kick back type of thing?

Marv17
07-11-2008, 12:36 PM
david. do you want us to bring anything? cuz i have no idea what you have and what else is needed.
commander, i think its both or whatever happens happens. ya know? just socialize, introduce ourselves to everyone, and b.s. i guess. :biggrin:

VROOMCP
07-11-2008, 10:24 PM
hey guys, I'm gonna order some tri-tip, mexican rise and beans. So if theres anything you wanna bring its all good..

Bobbak
07-12-2008, 06:44 AM
cant make the meet something came up and my rims are still not done i cant find the right size tires that i need

cooljess76
07-12-2008, 08:05 AM
We used to have meets with 20+ Ti's! This is our 1 year anniversary as SoCal Ti and our newest member is opening up his home to us. F_ck it! THIS IS MY LAST MEET WITH YOU GUYS.

jaimito79
07-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Dudes, we're leaving right now. See whom ever is going, there. Thanks David...

Bobbak
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
We used to have meets with 20+ Ti's! This is our 1 year anniversary as SoCal Ti and our newest member is opening up his home to us. F_ck it! THIS IS MY LAST MEET WITH YOU GUYS.

hey jess i'm sorry i couldn't make the meet this is the first time i have actually missed a meet since we started the club, and had plans with my dad and i havent seen him in like a week

hopefully next time we will have a big meet again

cooljess76
07-13-2008, 04:37 AM
hey jess i'm sorry i couldn't make the meet this is the first time i have actually missed a meet since we started the club, and had plans with my dad and i havent seen him in like a week

hopefully next time we will have a big meet again
Lol, no biggie Bobby. Todays meet was awesome, wish you were here. We're starting to make a comeback and the meets are going to get bigger and bigger, just like before. Bobby you've never missed a meet and I hope you don't think I'm mad at you in anyway. I was just kidding:wink:

Just so you guys know, I was laughing when I typed that last night. I'm not going anywhere, SoCal Ti is here to stay. With all of the new members and the surprising return of Jimmy, we're only going to get bigger and better.

Had a great time today guys, thanks for coming up. David, can't thank you enough for opening your home to us. I can hardly wait to see your Ti, it's going to be one of the nicest in our group. Your house is beautiful, the garage is my favorite part. Arthur, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. You're a Cool Cat and I hope to see you at the future meets. If you need any help with your CCV, let me know or contact Marv. Jimmy, I'm so glad you're back! We all really missed hangin out with you. Anything you need to get your Ti back on the road, you got it! I'll even come down there and help you work on it. Don't be a stranger brother, you're part of the crew too. Hugo, 2 more days!!! I'm jealous, but not for long LOL. You did really good riding my motorcycle:tongue: Marv and Harold, you guys are just awesome! Marv, your engine bay looks incredible! Harold, sorry I didn't get to help you work on your car, but you got a lot done today without me. Installed HIDs, splitters and painted grilles, not bad.

David thanks again! The food was delicious. Tell your sister I said thanks as well, that rice and potato salad was the bomb! Also tell Mario it was fun hangin out and workin on his Smokin-Hawt 335. Glad we got everything sorted out with his intercooler and were able to fix it. That thing is a freakin rocket!

Thanks to everyone who showed. Noah, we missed you. Hope to see you and Emily at the Euro meet. S52commander, sorry you couldn't be here:frown: really looking forward to meeting you:smile:
Only in SoCal!!!

Marv17
07-13-2008, 04:55 AM
yup yup.... another successful and fun meet. guess the good meets is a "cali-thing" <-- hahaha...

David, it was cool finally meeting you man. sry your ti wasnt there to check it out BUT its in the shop for paint so we'll excuse this one haha. thanks for being the host this time, it was awesome. great food, and send my regards to your sis for the rice and salad. everything was good. btw, NICE house. love that garage....

jamito, great to finally meet you too. took like a year. hopefully your quest on finding all the parts will come with ease for you. oh, and thanks for bringing the beer. it was good after eating all that good food.

harold. bro. dude. you got a lot done today. you're welcome again :biggrin: haha, it was fun. the black grills and splitters look good. let me know whats up on monday.

jess. great seeing you again. love that authentic bike.

bobby, noah. you missed out. well there's always next time.

oh, art. if you need help with that ccv (crank case vent valve) let me know. ill help you out with it. i live like down a few streets from you.

VROOMCP
07-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Hey guys. I can't say enough about what an awesome meet this was. I never seen such great guys really pulling together to help out!

Harold you scored today! HIDs, splitters, and De-pimping!!! Super sweet car! (Bro, you need to buy Marv dinner or buy him flowers for all he did for you...lol)

Marv - I swear I thought that was my car when I saw it this morning. That's super sweet! I can't wait to get mine all done! I'm a little jealous.

Jimmy - Great meeting you. Hit me up if you need anything to get your ti back in the game.

Arthur - Thanks for coming out! You get the award for the longest drive to the meet. Thanks, especially for the Jack Daniels! Hit me up if you need the CCV (if Hugo doesn't have it).

Hugo - Glad to finally meet you (the black sheep of the forums LOL). Can't wait to see your S52 ti. It's gonna be sweet. We'll have to run it against the VROOMCP! Send me that ringtone.... "yo, ya phone is ringin"

Jess (AKA HotRod) - Glad you made it even though you weren't feeling to good. I'm glad I met you because now I've extended my network of friends!

I can't say enough about the camaraderie that I saw today. This is exactly what its all about. It may just be "A Cali Thang". LMAO

Can't wait to see you guys again!

Marv17
07-13-2008, 05:47 AM
oh. and s52commander, sry to see that you werent able to come out to the meet. next time eh?

HuGo
07-13-2008, 06:04 AM
OMG when i saw that 335 my heart dropped.

David, jesus man you're an awesome guy. The guys were right. Yea sorry about not having my ti. That Z3M was tight. And i loved that message on that poster about the ZM. It should be for all ///M car not just the Z but whatever LoL. Thanks for opening your home to us.

I was a lil nervous about the bike (flashbacks). I know its not hard riding a bike. It was what happened in the past that gets me. Once i took off it went away.

JIMMY!!!!!! Damn man long time no see!!! Good to see you trying to bring that clubsport back on the road and nice seeing you again.

Yea it looks like there's a come back coming soon. I'll try and get start sending mass messages again. But you guys need to help too and tell everyone you see that is from SoCal to come out and hang out with us.

Hopefully we roll deep to the SoCal Euro and Harold you ARE taking the ti.

Lets hope everything was swapped and connected well and i can drive the ///M Ti or 332ti on monday. I dont even know if im excited or not.

I had fun guys, although i smoked the sheet out of all you guys and was forced to get off in the next exit. LoL Jk :tongue:

PS, Marv i hope that you washed your hands before sticking them into your mouth after touching the camera. I put the camera between my ass cheeks and farted on it atleast 4x. LMFAO JK.

S52Commander
07-13-2008, 06:17 AM
Sorry guys. I didn't even hear the 6am buzz! Woke up & didn't feel right to take the drive. It sounds like it was a blast and jesse seems to be in better spirits. Good to know you won't be leavin' :wink: Well. I guess the next time I see you guys it'll be when you guys have your cars finished. Can't wait to see them. Harolds was crazy pimped out. lol.

cooljess76
07-13-2008, 06:19 AM
While I'm pretty confident working on e30's, M3's and Ti's, I have to admit that I was terrified working on Mario's 335. That's why I didn't do much, I just located and diagnosed the problem(leaking intercooler inlet) and leak checked it afterwards. Guy's that's a VERY EXPENSIVE car! Turbos aren't my forte, but one of these days... For now, I can only dream of owning such a nice car. Did you guys see that thing take off??? OH MY GAWD!!! And to think, that when he left today, he was going to upgrade his software for even more HP:eek:

cooljess76
07-13-2008, 06:39 AM
It sounds like it was a blast and jesse seems to be in better spirits. Good to know you won't be leavin' :wink:
I hope you're feelin better, must be a bug goin around. I don't get sick very often, but when I do it's bad. I know I sounded pissed last night but I really wasn't. I've just been getting over this cold, swamped with projects around the house and to top things off I think I broke my foot the other day. Dropped an 10lb sledge hammer on it from way up over my head:eek: These guys know I'd do ANYTHING for them and I'd NEVER leave. The other day, Marv said he might not show, Noah wasn't going to make it and then Bobby. I knew David was going to do something big and bought a ton of food for us. I just wanted everyone to meet David because he is truly a great guy! Anyway, tomorrow's Sunday. I hope you could sleep in late, get some rest and feel better. I'm pretty much over my cold, I'll be 100% tomorrow while I'm yankin the s52 outta my M3:tongue: Post some pics of the meet guys!!!

Bobbak
07-13-2008, 06:56 AM
335? info

cooljess76
07-13-2008, 07:11 AM
335? info
incredible.

Bobbak
07-13-2008, 09:17 AM
really was it supercharged or turbo?

cooljess76
07-13-2008, 09:49 AM
335 = Twin Turbo

318tifan
07-13-2008, 02:30 PM
what a blast! (especially when it came to that twin turbo!!)

everytime i go to a ti meet and see harold working on his car, i get the itch to put even more things to put on my list of parts i wanna get for the car! i'm amazed at how fast harold can put parts on his car... wow...

david, thanks for the hospitality, your house is awesome, food was awesome, the m coupe was awesome, and pretty soon you'll get your awesome ti back...

jess, that's a cool 350cb... i wonder if there will be a day when we do a ti meet but everyone shows up in a motorcycle/scooter hehe

marv, you got a cool ti man... thanks for the offer to help!!

mario and jimmy, great meeting y'all...

i'm not sure how much longer i have in the desert, but feel free to hit me up if y'all are on the way to vegas... not much to do in a town like barstow, but i can probably tell you where to eat for cheap and where the swap meet is at =P (my guided tour of barstow is not very good... ask anyone who's been on it...)

so what, are we officially making the socal club's slogan... 'it's a cali thing'?

Marv17
07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
everytime i go to a ti meet and see harold working on his car, i get the itch to put even more things to put on my list of parts i wanna get for the car! i'm amazed at how fast harold can put parts on his car... wow...

marv,... thanks for the offer to help!!

so what, are we officially making the socal club's slogan... 'it's a cali thing'?

harold was able to get it a lot done yesterday, thanks to all of us helping him out. his ti got a de-blinging make over. lol. well if you need help finding things let us know we'll help you out on that.

and yeah, no prob. i know how it is to tackle things with a bmw the first times. you get more confident after a while.

i think we will adopt that slogan as the SoCal-thing. lol.

lazoh
07-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Great meet guys!! I had a blast and did a lot to my car.

Thanks David for the awesome food and opening up your house to us!

Marv, I owe you for the phenomenal paint job to my bling grilles (bling delete:tongue:)

Jess, as always bro you are a blast to hang out with. No prob in getting down and dirty working in my car (You have done enough for me bro).

Art, thanks for the props and we need to start on your car ASAP!!!!

Hugo, you are the man!!!! And make sure to answer your phone :biggrin:

Jaimito!!!!! Good to see you bro and hope to get the club sport back in the meets and on the road. Your cousin's e90 is the sh*t!!!

S52, we really missed you!! I know you like tech meets and we definately had one yesterday, hope you are feeling better and also hope that you can make the next meet.

And for everyone else that miss the meet, make sure not to miss the next one because I have a good feeling that it will be a great event!!!!

HuGo
07-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Aslong as we make it in time.

So guess what, I'm going to have to wait longer to drive my car :mad: My dad isn't going to let me drive it until he makes sure it isn't over heating. Making sure everything is put in place and everything is well. Also he wants to make sure the battery is tied down cuz right now its just sitting there, but connected.

So turns out the motor had 107k miles. That's what the dash is reading. Oh well, i dont care.

But for some reason my speakers aint working, the stereo shows volume but no sound. We checked fuses and the wiring and it looks fine. My dad tested everything and turned out fine. Harold?

So im guessing i gotta wait another week or two :frown:

BTW, the cars looks slammed and i think I'm going to rub.

lazoh
07-13-2008, 08:03 PM
[COLOR="Blue"]
But for some reason my speakers aint working, the stereo shows volume but no sound. We checked fuses and the wiring and it looks fine. My dad tested everything and turned out fine. Harold?

I will need to take a look at it and it can be the amp powering the speakers. Let me know and I will swing by your house.

HuGo
07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
That's the least of my concern right now. Once i have my car for sure then ill let you know harold. LoL.

cooljess76
07-13-2008, 09:17 PM
So turns out the motor had 107k miles. That's what the dash is reading. Oh well, i dont care.

BTW, the cars looks slammed and i think I'm going to rub.
Remember they gave you a cluster from a different car. The cluster holds a number and the ECU holds a number. The cluster will read the number stored in it. If the cluster has a lower number than the ECU, a manipulation dot will appear at the bottom of the display. To clear that dot you would have to go into cluster test mode by holding in the trip meter button and turning the key to position 2. Then I forget which step it was on the cluster test, but in your case it's the opposite. The cluster has the higher mileage, so it's just displaying it. When you clear the manipulation dot, the cluster always takes on the HIGHER number. If you wanted the cluster to read the mileage from the ECU since it's lower, you'ld have to go to the dealership and prove that the motor only has that mileage. Then they would be able to reprogram the cluster.

So your car is a lot lower in the front now? That's cool for me then, I wanted my car to come down about 3/4-1" in the front anyway.

HuGo
07-13-2008, 09:48 PM
I dont really care about the mileage. Now my only concern is the DMV. My ti cluster was at 11x,000 i forgot. So i dont want the dmv thinking i rolled it back or something. Thats my concern about regestering with the state ref and with the dmv.

It does look a lot lower to me but then again, my car was in stands for almost 3 months so it could be that i forgot how it looked. IDK.

lazoh
07-13-2008, 09:51 PM
That's the least of my concern right now. Once i have my car for sure then ill let you know harold. LoL.

Sounds good, just let me know and hopefully I'm not traveling.

HuGo
07-13-2008, 10:18 PM
When's your next trip? Cant wait for SoCal Euro!

jaimito79
07-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey fellas, just wanted to say that it was a blast hangin out with you all again. David, your great host. Thanks for opening your home up to us, it was greatly appreciated and thanks for the grills. I hope to get the clubsport back on the road soon. Jesse, I can't thank you enough for your generosity. Thanks for hooking me up. Your project has actually inspired me. Hope I can actually make some trips down to your place again and lend a hand. I'd like to learn alot more. Lazoh, Marv, 318tifan, and Hugoooooo, great to see you guys. Lazoh, that m50 project sound like a plan. Maybe I'll go forced induction. Hey dudes.. no bs... Mario's 335i is rediculously fast. That thing shouved me in my seat. It had so much torque... I gotta have one. Maybe next year... Last but not least, I wanted to thank my cuzin Luis for taking me out to see you guys. Without him I wouldn't have been able to go. He really likes hangin with you all. He really admired VROOMCP's M Coupe. Beautiful car bro... Hopefully, I can get a set of wheels for a raffle or just as a give away to a ti member that can really use an upgrade for their ti. I kinda plan for the next monthly meet. Maybe some LM replicus, cross my fingers.:cool:

lazoh
07-13-2008, 11:52 PM
When's your next trip? Cant wait for SoCal Euro!

I'm schedule to leave July 29 and returning on August 6.

cooljess76
07-14-2008, 03:57 AM
Anyone happen to get any pics?

lazoh
07-14-2008, 04:48 AM
Anyone happen to get any pics?

David took a couple and Marv took like 5 with his new camera.

VROOMCP
07-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Don't get a big head Harold since most of them are pics of you!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet001.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet002.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet003.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet004.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet005.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet007.jpg

VROOMCP
07-14-2008, 05:07 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet008.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet010.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet011.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet012.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet014.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet015.jpg

lazoh
07-14-2008, 05:08 AM
I'm uploading the ones I took. Don't get a big head Harold since most of them are pics of you!

LOL!! Dave, I was just saying bro, but you did took a few pics.

VROOMCP
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet018.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet019.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet020.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet021.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet024.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet025.jpg

VROOMCP
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet028.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/vroomcp/SoCal%20318ti/socal_meet029.jpg

VROOMCP
07-14-2008, 05:09 AM
LOL!! Dave, I was just saying bro, but you did took a few pics.

lmao - I love the one with you holding the Rustoleum paint... Old habits never die.. LOL

lazoh
07-14-2008, 05:13 AM
lmao - I love the one with you holding the Rustoleum paint... Old habits never die.. LOL

:bong::drunk: They sure don't Dave! But it was a good feeling :dance:

VROOMCP
07-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Looks like Hugo has serious competition...http://kindalikesorta.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/hotrod.jpg

lazoh
07-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Looks like Hugo has serious competition...http://kindalikesorta.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/hotrod.jpg

All that Hugo needs, is the mustache!! LOL!!!

HuGo
07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
LMAO....Favorite part of the movie.

GDgTKFMwao0

S52Commander
07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
:censored: I can't believe I missed this! I should have went home when Lazoh left...
Nice de-blinging. Was it easy to install the screens on those head rests? or did you opt for a shop to do it?
I'll make it to as many meets (alhambra)before Aug. I take off on a month long trip. I'll be missin' The Euro get-together(not happy about that); but back in time for MFest! Hopefully some of you guys can come out to that. If not maybe tag along with Lazoh to the Alham/Arcadia meet ups. I can't wait to see yours cars. They really look amazing!

lazoh
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
:censored: I can't believe I missed this! I should have went home when Lazoh left...
Nice de-blinging. Was it easy to install the screens on those head rests? or did you opt for a shop to do it?
I'll make it to as many meets (alhambra)before Aug. I take off on a month long trip. I'll be missin' The Euro get-together(not happy about that); but back in time for MFest! Hopefully some of you guys can come out to that. If not maybe tag along with Lazoh to the Alham/Arcadia meet ups. I can't wait to see yours cars. They really look amazing!

You sure missed a good meet but we will have others!!

The screens were put on by a shop only to make sure the upholstery came out decent but the wiring installation I can do. Hope to see you this week at the Eagle Rock or Alhambra/Arcadia meets!

Bobbak
07-14-2008, 07:39 PM
oh man that looked like an awesome meet, i wish i was there :(

Marv17
07-14-2008, 10:23 PM
ill post the few pics i have from my camera in a bit.
bobby- you sure did miss out on something. its was a good turn out.
but there are always more meets to come.
the unfortunate part is that i wont be able to go to the euro meet in san diego either. i have a wedding to be in. but ill try to go out to a friday meet after work.

lazoh
07-15-2008, 12:24 AM
i wish i was there :(

Me too since I had the gauge pod for you to look at, oh well may be the next time!