PDA

View Full Version : Ignition wires

drivBMW
02-26-2001, 04:57 PM
Ignition wires for the ti are not available on the aftermarket, and the dealer sells them for $80 per wire(!!!). Do I have any options other than eating the 320 bucks at the dealership? Has anyone replaced their wires for less? Any suggestions will be very appreciated!!!

Dan Burger
03-01-2001, 08:54 PM
silicone ignition wires are available from turner motorsport and bmp design www.turnermotorsport.com (http://www.turnermotorsport.com)
bmpd.com

they cost around $150-$200.
I'm ordering some tomorrow and will put them on next weekend. I"ll let you know how it goes.

drivBMW
03-06-2001, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info... I actually found a set at Bimmerworld.com - the went on fine, but I still have a really tempramental idle. Sometimes it's o.k., sometimes the tac needle bounces from 200 - 1000 rpm and the engine kind of "chugs". Any obvious solutions come to mind?

Dan Burger
03-06-2001, 05:42 PM
I would definately check your O2 sensor and maybe your throttle position sensor/idle control valve. They need to be cleaned from time to time, esp. if you've never cleaned them (or had them cleaned) before.

bullmand
03-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Magnecor sells wires for the M44 in three different gauges. 7mm, 8mm, and 8.5 mm race wires. They are priced around $115. I plan on purchasing a set of the 8mm within the next few months. I have not seen the article, but when Grassroots Motorsports tried to see how much horsepower they could get out of a ti they found the Magnecor wires to offer a slight increase.

www.magnecor.com

No affiliation.