PDA

View Full Version : ti festival 2003!

J!m
12-10-2002, 06:04 PM
Some of you are farmiliar with the "compact6" site, a place where owners and "in-process builders" of ti/6's call home (myself included). This site is run by Ben Liaw (Rogue Engineering), and we (compact6 people) have suggested a meet sometime (in the north east)in the spring of 2003 for all the ti owners interested in a get together. No date or final location has been set as of yet, but most likely it will be at the Rogue Enginering location in NJ. (No, I don't know exactly where that is)

Activities could include an autocross, car show (maybe even prizes) possible arrests... HOT chicks are welcome, of course, if they aren't wasting their time with the rice-cars.

Anyone interested in participating, please let me know. This meet is open to all ti's, regardless of propultion system (Yes, steam power is OK this time), and I think it will be a great time for "show-n-shine" as well as telling lies to one another about our cars. [jim.leach@sulzer.com]

Anyone??

------------------
"Speed's just a question of money. How fast you 'wanna go?"

J!m
01-02-2003, 05:34 PM
I have to say that I am very dissapointed that no one on this site is interested in having a ti-meet next spring.

Don't you all want to meet each other in person? Check out each other's cars and get some ideas for your own ride?

If it was not made clear, EVERYONE is invited, not just 6-cylinder conversion ti's. Also, people who just like ti's are invited. You don't even have to own one!

Let's have some fun!

2ndBimmer
01-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a good get together. I could make it to NJ, as I live in MD and go to school in PA. (Scheduling around major projects in classes could be a problem but pending those...) Im there.

------------------
Green 97'

2ndBimmer
01-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Sorry I havent visited the site in about a month. I really like the idea of the Ti Fest '03. Ive seen alot of Ti's down here in MD (YOU know who you ARE!) Come on people!

Im curious in the details of the fest (provided people actually wanna go) such as lodging.

Well, Im off to try and talk my gf's dad into buying her a BMW (im pushing for a '93 525) to replace her POS 95 Cavalier. Ill check back soon on this.

ayton
01-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Oh I am defintely in...Jim don't get disheartened I just saw this I was at a previous RE gathering last year and it was great i would definately make the drive.If there are any updates I prefer e mail as this board doesn't update me,and quite frankly since there is very little activity here I forget to check sometimes for weeks.
kinkajou74@hotmail.com

J!m
01-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the response!

I will post information as soon as it's available.

I have asked for more details, and I will also find out about lodging.

J!m

J!m
01-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Ok everybody!

it looks like this is going to happen!

The location will be the world famous Rogue Engineering parking lot!!!

Activities could include a set of scales available for race-spec corner weighting, and Ben tells me there is a dynomometer near by which can be rented for something like $80.00 (I'm all over that...). There will of course be a "show-n-shine" event, but no word on prizes, or what they might be.

The date we have set is April 26th, which is a Saturday. It may change, but as of now, that's it. Ben has said there is plenty of lodging around the Rogue Engineering location, but suggested that staying in NYC would be a lot more fun... There MAY be a small charge (around five bucks) to cover food, but that has not been confirmed yet. This is just to keep everyone "in the loop" that there MAY be a small charge (not the $20.00+ you get nailed for at most shows...).

For details and to "register" please check out tifest@rogueengineering.com. Once you are listed, you will receive up-dates and other needed information straight from Ben.

So, everyone's going to go, right???

------------------

1996 328ti
01-22-2003, 02:42 AM
Damn. Of all the days to have it. Oh well.
I will be leading a scenic tour and overnight trip for our chapter that weekend.

...steven
NCC BMW CCA

ayton
01-23-2003, 11:59 AM
YO!I'm there...is that an e-mail list ?

[This message has been edited by kinkajou (edited 01-23-2003).]

J!m
01-23-2003, 03:23 PM
I just sent an e-mail out to Roundel magazine, as well as the CT Valley chapter regarding the up-coming ti Fest.

Hopefully, one or both of them will post a bit for us.

Keep your eyes peeled, and tell your friends!

J!m

96cali
01-27-2003, 11:08 PM
Living in Cleveland I will most likely be there in spirit only. But great to see activity here and kudos to J!m and RE for working to make it happen. Somebody take some pics and movies- please!

------------------
1996 318ti Hellrot California Ed

J!m
01-27-2003, 11:19 PM
That's a great idea!

I'll talk to Ben and see if he will post them on his site...

2ndBimmer
01-31-2003, 05:15 AM
Ill bring a digital camera to the event and take pics of EVERYTHING.

Is it april yet? http://www.happytogether.com/318ti/forum/smile.gif

J!m
02-04-2003, 04:10 PM
That's a great idea. I only work with film, and after development they have to be scanned...

------------------

2ndBimmer
02-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Anyone else planning on coming to the April Ti fest? :?:

J!m
02-28-2003, 12:16 AM
When I last spoke to Ben, there were only TWO people who sent an interest e-mail to the spot he set up.

There may be only 10 or so people there. Kind of a bummer. :(

1996 328ti
02-28-2003, 01:47 AM
One year I wanted a big ti-fest.
I was going to have a track event on Friday, autocross on Saturday and TSD rally on Sunday. Lots of interest but when it came down to commitments, none.

Our chapter, DC area, will probably hold what we call a ChapterFest in October. Or mabe a Crabfest in September. If we do I'll let everyone know about it.

BTW- I'd join the ti-fest but I already have a NCC event that I am commited to.

4WDrift
04-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Well I registered. How many sixes are there anyway? I would think no more than a dozen from the east coast could show up.

deleonl1
04-09-2003, 01:57 AM
What are the specs on your ti?

4WDrift
04-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Is that you Larry? Gary from Wang GS, now w/ Getronics. ;}

Specs are here, M3 front brakes also. http://members.aol.com/dinan750/pictures.htm

J!m
04-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Well, the 'tiFest' has been changed to the 'ROGUEfest' due to lack of interest. :(

The featured car will be the compact6, so that should be fun for all the ti owners... :D

Start time is 10:00am on Saturday, and I just found out the dyno is about 1/2 hour drive away, so I don't know how realistic that will be...

Anyway, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

I hope everyone can weasel out of whatever is keeping you from going and show up!

J!m

deleonl1
04-10-2003, 12:25 AM
Gary!!! Yeah, it's me Larry...this is too funny...I was just wondering what was up with you and the BMW scene. Glad to see you got yourself a nice little compact. I've seen pics of your car before and always have drool all over my face when I see it. I'm very interested in TIs and would definitely like to check out yours. Are you still with Getronics (DigitalNet)?

2ndBimmer
04-15-2003, 12:03 AM
TI Fest TWO weeks away now!

whats the good word?

4 bangers still welcome at Rouge fest?

J!m
04-15-2003, 12:56 PM
:D ABSOLUTELY! :D

ALL ti's are more than welcome, in fact, all BMW products are welcome....

Come one, come all. Let's make this an event all who did not attend sorry they didn't!

(Maybe Ben will be nice and have a big sale on his cool stuff!)

2ndBimmer
04-15-2003, 09:14 PM
So now umm... :shock: how do i get there? where exactly is THERE?

J!m
04-15-2003, 10:03 PM
It's at rogue engineering.

Directions are at www.rogueengineering.com

J!m
04-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Here's the flyer for RogueFest.

I posted it in the photos section.

Check it out!

J!m

[/img]

2ndBimmer
04-24-2003, 08:36 AM
I hope to have the new bumper on just before the Fest. :D 8-)

oh, BTW: what time is this shindig to begin?

J!m
04-24-2003, 05:50 PM
It starts at 10:00 am - 4:00 pm

J!m
04-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Sorry, I could not post the flyer. :(

It seems to be too big a file.

Anyway, it's TOMORROW!!!!!!

I hope to see lots of you ti people there!

[/b]

4WDrift
04-27-2003, 02:47 AM
Well besides Ben, it was me, J!m, and 2nd, along with a coworker of a relative that made up the ti contingent, with 3 of 5 having sixes. :oops: :D ;} At least we had a showing for the other 20-30 cars that showed up, thanks to Rogue and Zeckhausen for the event.

Dammit Jim, you are probably right! :lol: For those wondering, I had stopped for gas, and then afterwards the starter would kick out and spin but not engage the flywheel; I've got the TC Kline. Figured a starter or maybe flywheel problem, there were no prior indicators. Jim suggested a dying battery, but I had no issues for the last two weeks previously even though the car had been almost in storage before I picked it up.

Canceled my evening plans for the city and headed home. Well guess what, now its totally dead, won't crank. Duh, I could have checked the battery there. :rolleyes: At least it's an $80 easy fix and not a $300 crap one. And passing through the Delaware tollbooth, a yellow Mazda Protege that I had no contact with paid for me! :D

2ndBimmer
04-27-2003, 04:58 AM
Here are 6 of the 39 pictures i got from the showing!

http://www.geocities.com/amd1200_266/RogueThumbs.html

"Drive fast, take chances -J!M" yeah, and on the way back i showed the world (in Lancaster of all places) that a stock Ti can do 120.

J!m
04-28-2003, 07:18 PM
The pictures look good! too bad more ti's didn't show...

4WDrift
04-29-2003, 07:14 AM
Argh, change that, it wasn't the battery either. Okay, now figuring it's the starter, prepare to change that. Hello, why is the original one hanging halfway out by one bolt? :shock: :rolleyes: :x

Well, that explains the whee, then no more ground contact. Along with finding a missing motor mount bolt, AND a nickel-sized hole in the bellhousing from the inside. :!: Hopefully no major damage when we pull it apart.

deleonl1
04-29-2003, 02:12 PM
Damn Gary, Instead of 4 wheel drifting your new ride are you 4 wheeling that bad boy!? ;}

I hope it's nothing major!

2ndBimmer
04-30-2003, 05:23 AM
So Jim, about those brakes?

J!m
04-30-2003, 08:10 PM
I'm in Texas at the moment.

E-mail me at jim.leach@sulzer.com so I remember to ask when I get back to civilization...

2ndBimmer
05-05-2003, 08:58 AM
Ive added more pictures to the Rougefest page. :)