PDA

View Full Version : Coner Light Problem

StevenTN318
03-05-2002, 04:18 AM
Hey everyone. I just ordered some sidemarkers and some corners from procarparts.com. I was putting them on tonight and I noticed something...they don't fit!!! They leave a space around the light where the gasket should cover. There's a gasket there, it just doesn't connect with the body of my car. Is this just my problem? Should I send them back? Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------
Why look like all my friends at high school and drive a civic, when I can beat them in my TI?

Dan Burger
03-05-2002, 06:41 PM
If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. I'd send them back. Often times discount parts stores have very generic/cheaply made parts that don't fit all models (or any) correctly. That's why companies like Turner motorsport, BMP design, and Bav. Autosport stay in business - they make and distribute parts that actually are made to fit. Sure, it costs more, but you can't argue with quality and a good fit.

------------------
Dan B.
'95 Club Sport

StevenTN318
03-05-2002, 11:09 PM
Thanks, it might just be because I got hit in the side. I didn't put the other side on, and I noticed that my original light sits funny to. I'll check it on the other side of my car tonight. Thakns for the advice though!

------------------
Why look like all my friends at high school and drive a civic, when I can beat them in my TI?

Dan Burger
03-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Hi Steven, I just re-read my reply post and I think I came across rather condescendingly.
Sorry about that - i hope your lighting situation works out.

Cheers,
Dan

------------------
Dan B.
'95 Club Sport

StevenTN318
03-07-2002, 03:30 AM
Hey Dan, I don't think you came down condecendingly just truthfully. I appreciate your adivce, just remember I'm a poor high school student, lol! My dad is coming home this weekend we're gonna try to fix the problem I'll keep you posted after we make an attempt. Thanks again!

------------------

TorontoTI
03-07-2002, 04:23 AM
Hey Steven, they may have sent you corners for the coupe...those wont fit. The TI uses corners which are the same size as the sedan, so double check...good luck.

StevenTN318
03-12-2002, 04:18 AM
Hey guys just thought I'd let you all know that I got my corners in this weekend. The problem turned out to be a piece that had been measured too long so it had to be cut off. After that they fit just fine! Thanks for all your help guys!

------------------

asianwitattitude
04-22-2002, 11:13 PM
what kind of clear rear corners do i get? 2dr or 4dr??

leemur
04-30-2002, 02:06 AM
4 dr i just put mine on 2 weeks ago. Here are some pics on my web page http://www.angelfire.com/or3/318ti-mypassion/

------------------
Lee Mur
96 Helrot ti(active)