PDA

View Full Version : New pics of my Hellrot 325TI

budget76
08-21-2008, 06:08 AM
So, never had many worthy pics to post. Most were of work being done, not the overall car. Also, it was beat, and I couldn't post that. Now she's pretty and ready to be shown off. So, whadda ya think? Not too bad for a $2750 car with ~$800 into it, huh?

http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG2922_800x600_.JPG
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG2920_800x600_.JPG
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG29217_800x600_.JPG
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG2911_800x600_.JPG
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG2931_800x600_.JPG
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG2929_800x600_.JPG

3DGE
08-21-2008, 06:27 AM
WTF did it come with that big ass engine?

BMW_Hatchback
08-21-2008, 07:49 AM
WOW that thing is sittin lowwww. beautiful

madfronter
08-21-2008, 02:15 PM
I think it looks good. Is there something wrong with the paint on your hood? It doesn't look glossy like the rest of your car. Not sure about the hook clips. And have you thought about getting mtech side moldings. They make quite a difference in the appearance. Nice job overall.

stirlsilver
08-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Geez that thing would hammer with the 2.5L 6cyl engine:shock:

tiFreak
08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
good looking ti, I notice you (or the PO) shaved the indicator lights on the fenders, looks much cleaner without them

Ji Money
08-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Not bad at all!

jeff318
08-21-2008, 06:34 PM
car looks good man. hows those engine pieces doing? interior **** must be good too. takes pics of the inside brahhhhhhh

budget76
08-21-2008, 10:12 PM
WTF did it come with that big ass engine?
Swapped:wink:

WOW that thing is sittin lowwww. beautiful

Thank you sir. I love the stance, just low enough, but i'm not scraping every bump in the road. Just gotta angle it out of slanted driveways:biggrin:

I think it looks good. Is there something wrong with the paint on your hood? It doesn't look glossy like the rest of your car. Not sure about the hook clips. And have you thought about getting mtech side moldings. They make quite a difference in the appearance. Nice job overall.

Yep, I re-sprayed the hood, and I'm no pro. The bumpers and skirts came out better because they aren't an open flat area like the hood. The clear came out kind of hazy. I'm sure it could be buffed to a nice shine, and I may try, but i'm out of time now.

Pins are because the stock setup was shot. Cable was snapped and the ''pins'' on the bottom of the hood would not release even if I used pliers directly on the cable. Pins were much easier than sourcing the parts, though, i'm not 100% on them either.

Mtech moldings probably in the works, if I find a set cheap. Maybe by next summer, I can't justify many more mods when it's going to sit in a field for weeks at a time during college (only place to park for freshman).

Thanks, appreciate it. I've cleaned her up A LOT, and i'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Geez that thing would hammer with the 2.5L 6cyl engine

Yes it does, even with the vanos disconnected. Can't imagine the guys with the 3.2:eek:

good looking ti, I notice you (or the PO) shaved the indicator lights on the fenders, looks much cleaner without them

I noticed that too, but never thought anything of it. I figured because it's a base model, it just never had them:rolleyes: Heck, I like it better too:cool:

Not bad at all!

thank you!

car looks good man. hows those engine pieces doing? interior **** must be good too. takes pics of the inside brahhhhhhh

Interior pics to come, there's two in my gallery of the carpet installed. Head's great as well, thanks man. The car was locked when I took pics, and the glare blocked the interior, i'll try to find some to post. Should be packing for college right now, not posting, so it may be a little while:wink:

madfronter
08-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Well I am glad the hood pins are actually functional on your car. ;)

budget76
08-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Well I am glad the hood pins are actually functional on your car. ;)

haha, yep. While looking for them, I found some NICE looking ones. Then I look closer, they stick on with double sided tape! WTFH????!?!?!?! GAY!

soul rebel
08-23-2008, 11:27 AM
What kind of lip is that? Car looks good, how did you pull that off with only 800?

stirlsilver
08-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Yep, I re-sprayed the hood, and I'm no pro. The bumpers and skirts came out better because they aren't an open flat area like the hood. The clear came out kind of hazy. I'm sure it could be buffed to a nice shine, and I may try, but i'm out of time now.

Did you paint the bonnet on a day that had high humidity? Because Acrylic paint will go whiteish when the humidity is too high.

If it buffs out though it wasn't the case. Actually looking at it again, you can notice it in the reflection which means you were a little too liberal with the fan air on the gun. Cut and polish it and it should come out all nice and glossy.

budget76
08-23-2008, 06:27 PM
What kind of lip is that? Car looks good, how did you pull that off with only 800?

Couldn't tell you, it was on the car haha. Lots of shopping around and doing my own work for everything:wink:

Did you paint the bonnet on a day that had high humidity? Because Acrylic paint will go whiteish when the humidity is too high.

If it buffs out though it wasn't the case. Actually looking at it again, you can notice it in the reflection which means you were a little too liberal with the fan air on the gun. Cut and polish it and it should come out all nice and glossy.

I know it was a hot day, but I don't think it was humid. I think I just sucked at evenly distributing the clear across that large of a flat span, and someone who knows what they're doing may be able to shine it up. Honestly, the hood needs some touch-ups with bondo and stuff that I didn't have time to do anyway, so it doesn't bother me now. It may get redone next summer or something.

cooljess76
08-23-2008, 06:52 PM
It's an OEM lip, same as the ones found on the M3.

What suspension are you running? Sits unusually low in the back, but looks good. You may want to consider a set of wheel spacers or lower offset wheels to bring them out flush with the fenders. Makes a big difference in appearance as well as a wider stance and slightly better handling. I'm liking the roll bar.

budget76
08-23-2008, 08:07 PM

What suspension are you running? Sits unusually low in the back, but looks good. You may want to consider a set of wheel spacers or lower offset wheels to bring them out flush with the fenders. Makes a big difference in appearance as well as a wider stance and slightly better handling. I'm liking the roll bar.

Thought it was the OEM lip, he threw me off haha.

I was told it's H&R Sports all the way around. I believe TI rear, M3 front? I'll have to find the original ad and see if it says, or if he told me in person. The rear springs are H&R part #50406R.

Spacers isn't a bad idea, may have to do that soon. Again, maybe next summer or winter break haha.

thanks, I really like it. Next time i'm home i'll snap some interior pics of the bar with the harness bar installed and stuff.

soul rebel
08-23-2008, 11:52 PM

How does an oem m3 lip attach to the ti bumper?

tiFreak
08-23-2008, 11:55 PM
IIRC, there are holes along the bottom of the bumper that you put screws into, don't quote me on that, I just kinda remember someone saying something like that

budget76
08-24-2008, 02:03 AM
IIRC, there are holes along the bottom of the bumper that you put screws into, don't quote me on that, I just kinda remember someone saying something like that

This is true, but it is an M3 bumper, not a TI, so poster above you needs to look twice:wink: