PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fender flares

Maverix
08-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Looking for wide body fenders to give my car a rally look, since i'm SO into car rallies lol. Link me with some good sites, and offers, please and thank you!

aznlonewolf135
08-22-2008, 09:27 AM
there are a lot of threads about rolling your fenders...but if you wanted a "wide body" I think you'd have to get it custom made because there are no kits for the TI. Then the fender would have to be cut up bonded with the new fender and painted...

but this one turned out very nice...check out the tread about that one too...

http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/160_0702_et_bmw_318ti_widebody_turbo/photo_03.html

trickiekid
08-22-2008, 01:58 PM
You can look for a set of mazda miata flares. They are pretty versatile and you should be able to get them to fit without many mod's to them. They are pretty easy to find. I almost bought a set, but I may be selling my ti shortly :( , so mod's are the last thing on my mind right now.

Maverix
08-22-2008, 10:48 PM
there are a lot of threads about rolling your fenders...but if you wanted a "wide body" I think you'd have to get it custom made because there are no kits for the TI. Then the fender would have to be cut up bonded with the new fender and painted...

but this one turned out very nice...check out the tread about that one too...

http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/160_0702_et_bmw_318ti_widebody_turbo/photo_03.html
I've already seen those type of flares on a red ti. Not a fan of it, and makes the car look a bit to stocky.

You can look for a set of mazda miata flares. They are pretty versatile and you should be able to get them to fit without many mod's to them. They are pretty easy to find. I almost bought a set, but I may be selling my ti shortly :( , so mod's are the last thing on my mind right now.
What year miata should I look for?

Maverix
08-23-2008, 01:53 AM
http://www.andysautosport.com/bmw/1992_1998_3_series/exterior/fenders/fender_flares/vision_auto/
It says "1992 - 1998 3 Series". Picture says otherwise. Don't know what to believe.

wolferj-RIP
08-23-2008, 04:40 AM
It says "1992 - 1998 3 Series". Picture says otherwise. Don't know what to believe.

The small print also says fits all cars, so it may just be a universal kit...

elchicano
08-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Yea its a universal kit. It also says that modification ranges from small to big. So it might be more work that whats it actually worth.

Maverix
08-23-2008, 04:45 AM
Yea, that's what they say about a lot of things. And turns out a lot of the times that it is not universal. I just don't want to spend money on something and have to return something.

elchicano
08-23-2008, 04:48 AM
Are fender flares made specifically to fit certain vehicles, or are they universal?

Fender flares are normally universal, which means fitment for all vehicles with minor to major modifications. There are fender flares that are on the market which are vehicle-specific as well, so check our product descriptions for details.

How do you install fender flares?
Fender flares can be bolted onto your vehicles fender well area, or molded in to your factory fenders, depending on the look you want. Modification is very slight to major depending on the look you’re trying to achieve.

I don't think its worth it. Isn't there some kind of body kit you can get instead?

Maverix
08-23-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm not looking to dish out a lot of money. I was gonna go with fender flares and reiger cup.