PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Supercharger.....

Syndicate09
06-14-2001, 10:19 AM
HELP!!
I have a very unique problem. Right now I'm in Germany and I have already shipped my car to the states. Its in Atlanta right now. But I need some info from under the hood. can any one answer these questions for this year ti?

Its a 1999 318ti Sport with the 1.9ltr.

1. Does the car have an ADS valve? This is like a 2nd throttle body located in the intake tract between the MAF sensor and the main throttle body. If equipped with an ADS valve, the rubber intake bellows will be two separate sections with the ADS valve body located between them.

2. Does the car have a fuel pressure regulator located on the forward end of the fuel rail near the injectors?

3. Does the car have an electrically operated secondary air pump as part of the emissions
system?

I would look under my hood to find out but like I said my ti is in ATL.
Thank you for any and all help.

Ray Pruitt
06-25-2001, 06:12 PM
Dude,
I installed the SC on my 98 Sport. I'm not sure but I don't think there were any changes from 98 to 99. Your car should have the ADS valve. The is no fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail, it is under the car by the fuel filter. And it does have the secondary air pump. It is a canister with an electric pump mounted to the drivers side shock tower. Of course this all depends on if there were no changes from 98-99. Hope I'm not too late to help. Peace Ray