PDA

View Full Version : e30 M3

cooljess76
08-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Well I'm scrapping my 332ti project to move onto bigger and better. Since I already have everything i need to make her work, I'll be dropping the s52 into this:biggrin: http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/803824382.html

Okay Okay, not really. I'm just kidding, but a good deal none the less for anyone in SoCal wanting to do a swap.

M-technik-3
08-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Too bad it's lost it's proper running gear. Lack of M suspension is a negitice but for track car it would most likely get bigger brakes anyway.

At 1500 that is a steal if it's straight and non rusty.

Mallard
08-24-2008, 10:15 PM
if its an original M3 chassis, then BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the collector value of the chassis alone is probably more than most compacts ( i say most ;) ) on the road today ! :o

If its orig. and the chassis # checks out. then buy it Jess, there will be someone out there who will pay mega moneys for a mint E30 M3 shell

Marv17
08-25-2008, 02:58 AM
jess.... i was gonna scream "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOooOOOOoOO!!!!" about you changing your project. then say dumbass! cuz you already took everything apart... lol... then i thought. wait a minute. Jess would never change his project this far into it. then i read that you were just kidding so i took it all back... hahahahah....
but you did have me there for a moment jess...
oh, again. thanks for you major help bro... gonna fix the needles tonight again.

the governor
08-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Jess you had me convinced. How is the 332ti coming?

cooljess76
08-25-2008, 06:29 AM
It's goin. Still waiting on a couple things. Need to decide if I'm going to repair the oil pan or buy a new one. Motor mounts are on order and Bentley manual should be here tomorrow. Tomorrow, I'll be hosing out the Ti's engine bay. Might get the tires mounted and have my ball joints pressed in as well. I'm dreading the dash swap and the caliper rebuilding. They sent me a defective set of brake lines, one of the rears has two female fittings, so I have to deal with that.

I'd love to buy this M3. I have the cash, but really don't want another car sitting in front of my house. I'm hoping someone here in our group will pick it up. It's just begging for an s50/s52 transplant.

HuGo
08-25-2008, 07:13 AM
jess.... i was gonna scream "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOooOOOOoOO!!!!" about you changing your project. then say dumbass! cuz you already took everything apart... lol... then i thought. wait a minute. Jess would never change his project this far into it. then i read that you were just kidding so i took it all back... hahahahah....
but you did have me there for a moment jess...

oookkk...? :weirdface

Mallard
08-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Jess, the drivetrain , rear trailing arm and front struts should fit snug in the e30 shell,

And the engine is perfect fella :)

its not that insane an idea..

You could part the ti on here, and reap the rewards towards project "hybrid"

VROOMCP
08-28-2008, 04:54 AM
that would be an awesome project..