PDA

View Full Version : hi guys

black_rat_uk
08-25-2008, 11:32 PM
hi guys i'm from across seas in the U.K I currently own a 1995 E36 318ti compact. I've added a cat-back exhaust and a K&N induction kit. I'm looking to either supercharge it or turbocharge it. I've bought things from the states before at a cheaper price so thought I'd head that way for this. Do you have any info on where to go for something like this. Bear in mind it is a RHD and I beleive its the m42 engine if that helps at all. THanks

tiFreak
08-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Downing Atlanta makes a good supercharger kit for the 318ti but it's been discontinued so you'll have to buy a used one, which typically go for $3000-4000 USD, not sure how much that is in pounds, as for a turbo, custom built is your only option, but most custom builds don't end up working out in the end

BobbyDigital
08-25-2008, 11:47 PM
First off, welcome.
Second, the best place I can tell you to go for info- there is a search button on the blue bar towards the top of this page, you can find a plethora of info.

Lastly, I would hit up CoolJess about a turbo build, and ask him how he feels about it:)

cooljess76
08-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Turbos are great! Best bang for your buck IMO. Our motors are a perfect platform for a custom turbo setup. Especially the higher mileage m42's & m44's. They're so popular here in the states, almost every member here is running a turbo. A BUDGET setup should be good for atleast 400rwhp. It'll cost way less and produce twice the horsepower that an s50/s52 ever can. I was running 60psi on stock internals and homemade parts, but I decided to scrap that project and move onto bigger and better since everyone else was doing it and I wanted to be original. Welcome aboard, be sure to update us with your progress!!!

Edit; BTW, just ignore all of the nay-sayers who try to crush our hopes and dreams by saying that it's a waste of time and money.

Marv17
08-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Turbos are great! Best bang for your buck IMO. Our motors are a perfect platform for a custom turbo setup. Especially the higher mileage m42's & m44's. They're so popular here in the states, almost every member here is running a turbo. A BUDGET setup should be good for atleast 400rwhp. It'll cost way less and produce twice the horsepower that an s50/s52 ever can. I was running 60psi on stock internals and homemade parts, but I decided to scrap that project and move onto bigger and better since everyone else was doing it and I wanted to be original. Welcome aboard, be sure to update us with your progress!!!

Edit; BTW, just ignore all of the nay-sayers who try to crush our hopes and dreams by saying that it's a waste of time and money.

.... huh? :confused: lol....
i smell... hmmm.... saaar.... sarcasm...

welcome to the org. PICS?