PDA

View Full Version : 2009 318ti.org calendar

1996 328ti
08-26-2008, 12:02 AM
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=930

Photos must denote the 318ti.

No frontal shots!

2400 x 1800 pixels or higher. Anything lower will be rejected.

1 photo per member.

Name, location, model, mods must be included.

Voting will be by a hidden poll.
Deadline Oct 31, 2008.

You can only vote once and vote for multiple choices.

You may enter a group photo.

The calendar will be assembled in November.

Photos previously used are not eligible.

BMW_Hatchback
08-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Do we post the pics in here?

1996 328ti
08-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Do we post the pics in here?
Forgot the link.
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=930

If you do, please answer all the questions.
Name
Mods

BMW_Hatchback
08-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Tried to upload my photo, it said server error twice. Thats the reason I didn't submit a photo last year.

1996 328ti
08-26-2008, 01:54 AM
Tried to upload my photo, it said server error twice. Thats the reason I didn't submit a photo last year.Copy what the error said.

elchicano
08-26-2008, 01:56 AM
When is the deadline?

1996 328ti
08-26-2008, 02:02 AM
When is the deadline?Oct 31.

bmwpelican
08-26-2008, 02:05 AM
nice, my friends got like a 900$ nikon, that should help

elchicano
08-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Time to go buy a new camera.:biggrin:

Philly
08-26-2008, 02:21 AM
You can only vote once and vote for multiple choices.

this means a person can choose one rating for each photo, correct? same as the previous few years?

1996 328ti
08-26-2008, 03:22 AM
this means a person can choose one rating for each photo, correct? same as the previous few years?I'm going to try to use the poll feature. Normally you would pick just one. I would like to see people be able to make multiple choices.

Last time (2 years ago) we had people rate each photo and then we took the top rated.

jgrimm
08-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Wow, 2304x1728 pixels is the biggest I can manage. Looks like the calendar will miss out on a very nice picture this year.
If only we all had 1500$ to spend on a camera instead of our cars.

roadrash
08-26-2008, 04:34 AM
Wow, 2304x1728 pixels is the biggest I can manage.
Only if you limit yourself to what the camera can produce natively. You can use image editing software to enlarge images just like you can use it to shrink them. Granted, you'll also gain pixelization when you enlarge images, but if the initial image is anywhere close to the requirement for the calendar, you should be OK.

The aspect ratio of the final image is just as important as the total number of pixels. That can be altered by cropping, of course.

Maverix
08-26-2008, 05:07 AM
Ugh, I just noticed the image size requirements. My camera phone isn't able to get that many pixels in, even though it shoots better pictures than the average digital camera.

jgrimm
08-26-2008, 06:37 AM
Only if you limit yourself to what the camera can produce natively. You can use image editing software to enlarge images just like you can use it to shrink them. Granted, you'll also gain pixelization when you enlarge images, but if the initial image is anywhere close to the requirement for the calendar, you should be OK.

The aspect ratio of the final image is just as important as the total number of pixels. That can be altered by cropping, of course.

Yeah I see your point, but i think the sole reason for the rule is to get rid of any blurriness that will occur when the calendars gets printed. Hopefully my picture wont be omitted because of a few little pixels.
I actually went around to all my friends with cameras to see who's had the most memory per shot. The highest quality camera i could use was only capable of 7.1 megapixles. Not bad considering that I got my picture into the calendar last year with a 4.0 megapixle shot.

BobbyDigital
08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Ugh, I just noticed the image size requirements. My camera phone isn't able to get that many pixels in, even though it shoots better pictures than the average digital camera.

I think the point is to have some nice, calendar-worthy pictures. My phone has like a 3.2Mp camera on it, so compared to the average digital camera of 5 years ago, it takes better pictures. Doesn't someone have one you can borrow?

madfronter
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah it's very important to have good quality high resolution images to print from. I would say the minimum size and resolution should be 6"x8" at 300 dpi (thats 2400 x 1800 pixels at 300dpi) and all the images need to be CMYK for print as well. Steve who does the actual design and layout of the calendar?

madfronter
08-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I was also wondering if the images selected for the calendar will be full bleeds? If they will be full bleed then the minimum size requirements will have to be upped to ensure good quality printing of the images. More food for thought.

1996 328ti
08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
They need to be full bleed. That has been a problem in the past.
We have had to enlarge photos which caused them to be grainy.

I'll have to find the suggestions on the cafepress website.

BMW_Hatchback
08-26-2008, 04:30 PM
:blahblah::confused::lalala:

madfronter
08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
:blahblah::confused::lalala:

What's this all about?

BobbyDigital
08-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I think hes just saying he has no idea what you are talking about.

BMW_Hatchback
08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
LOL yeah I'm sorry I stepped into the lab doctor, hehe jk. It was just a joke

1996 328ti
08-27-2008, 02:06 AM
I installed a mod for the poll function.
It will let allow members to choose any number of photos.
The results will be hidden until the end.
This way each photo gets a vote rather than a rating.
Top 12 win.

Maverix
08-27-2008, 02:13 AM
I think the point is to have some nice, calendar-worthy pictures. My phone has like a 3.2Mp camera on it, so compared to the average digital camera of 5 years ago, it takes better pictures. Doesn't someone have one you can borrow?

Yea I got a digital camera, but I have a really nice picture that would be really hard to replicate. And plus, not many people appreciate the way my car looks on the forum. Yet people who actually see it up close in real life really like it. Seriously, I have only heard 1 person actually say they didn't like it to my face(which was 1 of my friend trying to be an ass). On forum, it's a WHOLE 'nother story.

Though, I might just take a picture of my lights. After all, I have something that no one has ever done a BMW. The north and south of the angel eyes are orange while the east and west are blue. Check my gallery for more details.

1996 328ti
08-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Though, I might just take a picture of my lights. After all, I have something that no one has ever done a BMW. The north and south of the angel eyes are orange while the east and west are blue. Check my gallery for more details.
Don't do lights only. Photos need to resemble a ti. Not a generic E36.

Maverix
08-27-2008, 04:34 AM
Aww darn. Guess I have to come up with something even more creative. I'll get a good picture in! I'll do whatever it takes to be a part of this, even if I come in last place.

Maverix
08-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Hey, I was wondering. Could I use photoshop to my advantage? For example, I took a picture of a another bmw off the internet and did some intense editing to add some wicked text in front of it.

It took me a LONG time to make it but it really doesn't belong in my siggy. As a matter of fact, reducing the image size to make it fit the siggy requirements kinda really crapped out some of the great details. I can do other great photoshop edits. I know it isn't my car, but I really think that spicing some pictures can actually make people want to buy the calender even more!

So what I'm really asking is 2 questions. If I can photoshop, can I use a different car? or does it have to be my car? I'll make sure that no ti's from this forum is used.

spidertri
08-27-2008, 05:37 AM
I personally would rather not see any heavily photoshopped pictures on a calender that is created to showcase great tis and good photography skills, but that is just my preference.

NeoP
08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Sadly, i can't upload....
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/tiorgvxd/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

Cheers,

Neo

Rhys
08-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/tiorgvxd/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

Cheers,

Neo

Would it not be possible to send your pic in a ZIP file to someone and have them upload it for you? No idea if this is possible or not - just an idea.

Rhys
08-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Image sizes can be easily increased by using something like Genuine Fractals or similar. PS should be able to do the same.

So to summarise..
2400 x 1800 pixels or higher Saved as CMYK JPEG (or TIFF?) or have I miss-read that?
1 photo per member.
Name, location, model, mods must be included.
Deadline Oct 31, 2008.
No frontal shots..

What I'd like to know is..

What format is this calendar going to be in i.e. Portrait or landscape?

What size is it going to be i.e. 3:2 ratio or 5x4 format etc. as I have a habit of cropping everything to 5x4 to print 10" x 8". No point in submitting anything if it isn't going to fit.

http://bavarian-board.co.uk/smileys/beerchug.gif

Maverix
08-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Yea, but doesn't that distort the picture? I don't want my photo to have obvious pixels sticking out.

tiFreak
08-27-2008, 10:19 PM
So what I'm really asking is 2 questions. If I can photoshop, can I use a different car? or does it have to be my car? I'll make sure that no ti's from this forum is used.

I think we went over photoshopped pictures in the last calender and that was something that wasn't allowed

What format is this calendar going to be in i.e. Portrait or landscape?

this year's calender is a landscape, I can only assume it will be the same for '09

Rhys
08-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I think we went over photoshopped pictures in the last calender and that was something that wasn't allowed

this year's calender is a landscape, I can only assume it will be the same for '09

that's fine, now what size will it be? (image format 3:2 etc.)

I agree it shouldn't be overly photoshoped, as with everything it's fine in moderation and sometimes ok if it's done tastefully. I think some guidelines might help i.e. images changed into black and white might look nice but need to be done with this in mind as it could turn out bland and gray if envisaged as a colour image at the start. Also IR (infra-red) looks really good in some situations either as colour or black and white. This can be achieved in photoshop and looks quite effective. Just a thought...

tiFreak
08-29-2008, 09:22 PM
right, I didn't word it right, we were allowed to use some slight ps'ing to remove rock chips, dings, etc. but not actually changing the appearance of the car

Rhys
08-29-2008, 09:31 PM
right, I didn't word it right, we were allowed to use some slight ps'ing to remove rock chips, dings, etc. but not actually changing the appearance of the car

Whoo-hoo.. Does that mean i don't have to wash it and can just PS all the bird crap off it (lots of starlings at the mo - by lots I mean about a thousand flying around in the field behind my house). http://bavarian-board.co.uk/smileys/bigok.gif

Seriously joking aside, what about monochrome? I used to shoot a lot of black and white in my film days - just thought it may be another avenue to wander down.

jgrimm
08-29-2008, 10:09 PM

Yeah, I also had the picture date and time removed from my picture using PS so anything in moderation should be fine.

lkwd318ti
08-30-2008, 04:33 AM
Hey, I was wondering. Could I use photoshop to my advantage? For example, I took a picture of a another bmw off the internet and did some intense editing to add some wicked text in front of it.

It took me a LONG time to make it but it really doesn't belong in my siggy. As a matter of fact, reducing the image size to make it fit the siggy requirements kinda really crapped out some of the great details. I can do other great photoshop edits. I know it isn't my car, but I really think that spicing some pictures can actually make people want to buy the calender even more!

I think the picture you use should be a picture that YOU (or a friend) took of your car (or a group of cars with yours included in it)...I don't think it's right to take someone else's work and pass it as your own
If you took someone else's car to use for our calendar, it wouldn't really be our calendar will it...
Just my thought.

Speaking of Photoshop, will HDR be allowed or not?

-Randy

elchicano
08-30-2008, 05:14 AM
Yeah it should involve your Ti. Like this you can show off your work and people can get ideas off of it. We don't want a calender that shows extremely modded Ti's, because not everyone has one. Even a stock Ti can look good. It's all up to how the picture is taken that makes it look good.

Rhys
08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Speaking of Photoshop, will HDR be allowed or not?
-Randy

Like Photoshop, HDR images can be excellent if done tastefully but if done over the top can look hideous. Done right an HDR image shows what we see - if we look at the ground the sky doesn't turn bright white does it? If set about the right way the final image should look natural after all using ND graduated filters can give a similar effect.

I think an HDR images should be allowed as long as it reproduces a true account of the initial scene.

It's all up to how the picture is taken that makes it look good.

Quite true, but with cameras such as mine post processing is necessary to bring the image to life.
To me it's how the image is envisaged in the eye of the photographer - the digital camera is merely a tool to record what is there as is the computer to manipulate the recorded data into an output image the photographer initially saw.

The old adage, 'All things in moderation' should be applied.

1996 328ti
08-30-2008, 02:02 PM
How big was the file?

Cheers,

Neo

1996 328ti
08-30-2008, 02:12 PM
madfronter will be putting working on the calendar this year.
Is there a problem with uploading images?

Edit: And we'll update the rules.
If anyone goes beyond the spirit of the rules, they simply will not be included in the vote. 2009 will have no drama.

jgrimm
08-30-2008, 06:57 PM

If anyone goes beyond the spirit of the rules, they simply will not be included in the vote. 2009 will have no drama.

Hey 1996 328ti, I just finished uploading my picture to the gallery.... In my opinion the picture shows that my car is a ti, but if you find that it dosn't show the hatch clearly enough, then I can upload another one that does. (The only reason I wanted to upload this picture is because it is by far my favorite shot.) Thanks

NeoP
08-30-2008, 07:59 PM
How big was the file?

1,2MB - not that much for a highres pic. Will cut it to 80% quality and retry.

EDIT: Down to 800kb it still gives me

Rhys
08-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey 1996 328ti, I just finished uploading my picture to the gallery.... In my opinion the picture shows that my car is a ti, but if you find that it dosn't show the hatch clearly enough, then I can upload another one that does. (The only reason I wanted to upload this picture is because it is by far my favorite shot.) Thanks

Nice shot but I much prefer the other one, it has much more impact and would look great on a calender. Just my 2d worth

jgrimm
08-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah my other shot is really nice too, but I just like that there is more going on in this one.

Maverix
08-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah my other shot is really nice too, but I just like that there is more going on in this one.

You live in a nice place. All your scenery pictures are amazing! I wont be surprised if you made it in the top 12.

jgrimm
08-30-2008, 10:53 PM
You live in a nice place. All your scenery pictures are amazing! I wont be surprised if you made it in the top 12.

Haha, thanks bro. I really appreciate it when people give my pictures props. And That is actually where I work during the summer. I live about an hour away in a major city. Not to much nice senery aroung there.

lkwd318ti
08-31-2008, 01:28 AM

Thank you.

Rhys
08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
-/\-/\-/\-
What he said..

It was a bit of a farce last year and no doubt put a lot of people off. Hopefully there will be a lot more entries to choose from and no internal politics involved.

To me it's a 'fun' competition and is taken as such like this one. (http://www.benchinistas.org.uk/forum/index.php?board=16.0) or this one (http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/25).

Fagerheim
09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Okey, im totaly new to this, so would be real cool to have a pic of my car printed on a calendar... My friend is working with pictures, copying, layouts, editing and such il see if I can get him to take some pictures... He got several cameras that cost around 2000-3000$ o,O and he know how to edit well...

How many pictures is usualy submitted ?

Rhys
09-03-2008, 12:48 AM
... My friend is working with pictures, copying, layouts, editing and such il see if I can get him to take some pictures... He got several cameras that cost around 2000-3000$ o,O and he know how to edit well...

Nice, but I think you are supposed to photograph your own car yourself...

How many pictures is usualy submitted ?

If you bothered to read the rules you'd know..:rolleyes:

Okey, im totaly new to this...

Okey, I'll let you off this time... :biggrin:http://www.318ti.org/forum/javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;

tiFreak
09-03-2008, 12:59 AM

I think he meant overall from everyone

Rhys
09-03-2008, 01:11 AM
I think he meant overall from everyone

OK, it's early in the morning where I am (1:00 am GMT) and I'm trying to get my teething daughter back to sleep... I took it literally in the spirit of the OP's post. I'm half asleep myself... :sleep:

elchicano
09-03-2008, 01:14 AM
I think you can get someone to help you, especially if you are using someone else's camera. As long as its your idea and not someone elses as to where to take the picture.

Rhys
09-03-2008, 01:51 AM
I think you can get someone to help you, especially if you are using someone else's camera. As long as its your idea and not someone elses as to where to take the picture.

Fair enough as long as you press the shutter yourself.. What I don't want to see is someone ringing up a professional photographer mate and saying '..hey, come over with your expensive kit. I have an idea for a pic of my car - here it is, now take an award winning photo..' if you see what I mean. It should all be the work of the cars owner whether they be shooting on a disposable/cameraphone or a Sinar Hy6/Hasselblad the outcome should all be their own work. Borrowing a camera and asking for advice is a different matter.. that's OK by me.

This is after all a fun competition and should be entered into as such

elchicano
09-03-2008, 03:23 AM
Yeah i understand. Thats what i basically meant to say. All it takes is a creative idea, the rest is just about how you decide to take the picture.

Fagerheim
09-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Nice, but I think you are supposed to photograph your own car yourself...

Okey, I'll let you off this time... :biggrin:http://www.318ti.org/forum/javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;

Okey, then il take him with me as he can help since he got experience with photos and cameras... Then Il lend the camera and take photos ;D
Il also do editing myself =) did alot photo editing before....

what does "No frontal shots!" mean ?

And can u give me a Link/URL to the rules please ? =) thanks

Fagerheim
09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Fair enough as long as you press the shutter yourself.. What I don't want to see is someone ringing up a professional photographer mate and saying '..hey, come over with your expensive kit. I have an idea for a pic of my car - here it is, now take an award winning photo..' if you see what I mean. It should all be the work of the cars owner whether they be shooting on a disposable/cameraphone or a Sinar Hy6/Hasselblad the outcome should all be their own work. Borrowing a camera and asking for advice is a different matter.. that's OK by me.

This is after all a fun competition and should be entered into as such

That was not what I ment... I just want him to help, cause I realy suck with cameras and such... But im the one going to take the picture and the place, angle, idea and the finger on the shutter is mine...
But i understand what u mean... Its me thats in this competition, not my friends or a pro photodude...

tiFreak
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
what does "No frontal shots!" mean ?

And can u give me a Link/URL to the rules please ? =) thanks

no frontal shots means, you have to be able to see that the car is a ti and not a generic E36 from the picture, the rules are in the first post of the thread

Fagerheim
09-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Okey... thanks =)

1996 328ti
09-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Not many people submitting photos this year.

Rhys
09-06-2008, 09:28 PM

Give it time.. Haven't had a go myself yet - must get out when I get a chance. :smile:

elchicano
09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Everyone is going to submit there's at the last minute. I'm waiting to check out the competition. That and I don't have a new camera yet.:biggrin:

edit:
I have a question real quick. As you guys can tell by my sig my Ti isn't dropped. So i have the big wheel gap in the front. Can i submit a pic with the front being photochopped to make it look like it is dropped. I think overall it would look better than if the wheel gap was left in the pic. I am going to drop it just not soon.

cooljess76
09-07-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm definitely in this year, just gotta finish up some things.

lkwd318ti
09-07-2008, 04:59 AM

Mine's comin up...
It'll probably be up within the next few weeks or so...I just haven't had the time to go out and shoot.

-Randy

tiFreak
09-07-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm still not able to upload a picture to the gallery, I've got it on photobucket, so can someone save it to their computer and upload it for me?

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/tiFreak/?action=view&current=cal09.jpg

1996 328ti
09-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm still not able to upload a picture to the gallery, I've got it on photobucket now, so can someone save it to their computer and upload it for me?

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/tiFreak/?action=view&current=cal09.jpgI'm seeing error messages. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the text you are entering. Let me see what happens if I upload it.

tiFreak
09-08-2008, 12:04 AM
might be something with my computer since other people don't seem to be having the same problem

1996 328ti
09-08-2008, 12:06 AM
might be something with my computer since other people don't seem to be having the same problemI got the error message too. This is good. Let me figure it out.

tiFreak
09-08-2008, 12:08 AM
I got the error message too. This is good. Let me figure it out.

ok, if it helps any, the image queue on my upload image page goes up by one every time I try to upload a picture

1996 328ti
09-08-2008, 12:23 AM
It has something to do with how images are processed.
I changed the process and uploaded you photo.
You should be able to edit the text fields now.

In the meantime, I need to figure out why it did not work.

tiFreak
09-08-2008, 12:27 AM
cool, good luck figuring it out

bmwpelican
09-14-2008, 03:10 AM
so i subscribed to the gallery now how do i upload my photo to the gallery? im new to this sorry.

Borg561
09-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Gotta wash my car up then I'll try and get out to take some pics. Someone mentioned CMYK, full-bleed, blah-blah-blah. What if we don't have those kind of setting options on our cameras? Only options I can adjust on my camera (depending on shooting mode) are image quality, ISO, shutter speed, white balance, and color saturation. And I'm in the same boat as someone else in that the pics come out at 2304x1728 resolution (same aspect ratio and close enough that I should be able to upsize).

One other thought. If I upload a picture now (or in a few days) and get a better picture later on, can I delete the original and upload a new one, upload the new one and replace the original, or am I stuck with the original?

Justin

1996 328ti
09-14-2008, 03:18 AM
One other thought. If I upload a picture now (or in a few days) and get a better picture later on, can I delete the original and upload a new one, upload the new one and replace the original, or am I stuck with the original?

Justin
Sure, once I create the poll, then there will be no more changing photos.

elchicano
09-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Just added my picture and I had no problems. Got one question, will you guys check it out and tell me if the quality looks good? If not I think i will delete it and submit a better one as soon as i get a new camera. I just want to make sure it looks good.

tiFreak
09-14-2008, 04:50 PM
it's a little blurry, but pretty good

Maverix
09-15-2008, 02:57 AM
I got mine in! Was trying to go for a Texas country look. My friend didn't like it much because he said it looked like it was on a farm. Then he suggested me that I would take it in front of the capitol building. I was like, what would be the point of that? All states have almost the same looking buildings.

Jean H.318TI
09-15-2008, 04:47 AM
Just added my picture

Fagerheim
09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Okey, i have found the place to take my picture after cruisin around in the small city I live in.... Hopefully il take the picture and up it in short time =)

NeoP
09-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Sure, once I create the poll, then there will be no more changing photos.

Steven: Sent you a PM some weeks ago incl. my photo that i just cant upload and some text - please read the message and upload the photo. Feel so abandoned here :frown:
TIA!!:smile:

EDIT: Managed to upload finally!! Thanks and PLEASE VOTE!!! :smile

thesk8nmidget
09-26-2008, 04:48 PM
i uploaded my picture, but it gave me errors i resized it and now its all good and working!

my image is also big enough to be edited to a full size land scape picture if needed

NeoP
09-26-2008, 05:01 PM
i uploaded my picture, but it gave me errors i resized it and now its all good and working!

my image is also big enough to be edited to a full size land scape picture if needed

Dude! Nice pic indeed.
by the way i uploaded mine in full quality, very big resolution and it resized it after upload was finished. So if it is needed in 7 megapixels: No problem!!
Interestingly my first tries of uploads were in the queue still and i could remove them now - dunno what changed in the board software maybe since my first tries.

Jgrimm, sk8nmidget: I'd love us three battle for the title pic and see our three bimmers all together in a stunning calendar :smile::rockon::rockon:

thesk8nmidget
09-26-2008, 05:02 PM
that would indeed be SWEET!

lets see how the voting goes!

spidertri
09-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Nice shots guys, I was starting to lose faith when that yellow monstrosity was submitted.

jgrimm
09-26-2008, 09:53 PM
K, I am trying to change my calendar picture and it wont let me. I keep selecting the "edit picture" tab near the picture description, then I upload my new pic, and then it tells me that it worked....But then I go back into the calendar and my old picture is still there. Can someone help me out, or can one of the forum leaders delete my picture so I can upload my other one.

Thanks

madfronter
09-26-2008, 10:13 PM
as far as i know you are only aloud to upload one picture for consideration.

tiFreak
09-26-2008, 10:15 PM
as far as i know you are only aloud to upload one picture for consideration.

sounds like he wants to get rid of his old pic and upload a new one

thesk8nmidget
09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
hey j grimm try deleting your and then putting a whole new one up.

it may work that way or try pming steven

jgrimm
09-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah thanks midget, I ended up just deleting my old pic and I got the new one up. I think this one is a little more original and it no doubt shows off that its a ti.

NeoP
09-28-2008, 07:36 PM
jgrimm, midget: Our Pics are the best - GO FOR 2009 TI Calendar DUDES!!:biggrin:

Mikel
09-29-2008, 05:24 PM
We seem to have quite a few people who are itching to photoshop. I was just thinking maybe we should have another poll for cover page for the calendar. Of course, this would be up to Steve, but how do you guys feel about this?

Maverix
09-29-2008, 08:18 PM
We seem to have quite a few people who are itching to photoshop. I was just thinking maybe we should have another poll for cover page for the calendar. Of course, this would be up to Steve, but how do you guys feel about this?

http://www.zybez.net/community/style_emoticons/default/no.gif

thesk8nmidget
09-29-2008, 11:04 PM
i liked the idea of last years.... all the entries were combined to the cover.

i think we should get to choose our month! i call may!

Maverix
09-29-2008, 11:12 PM
December! If I even make it.... -_-

Fagerheim
09-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Just added my picture =)
Hope it will show up in the calendar ;D

jgrimm
09-30-2008, 12:56 AM
I call August (if I make the calendar) because it is my B-day month, and the month I bought my ride.

tiFreak
09-30-2008, 01:26 AM
March, because it's by birthday month

lol, just looked at my rating, looks like I won't be getting in :frown:

elchicano
09-30-2008, 01:52 AM
April if i get in, because my Bday is in April. I see that people are putting great pics. I guess i might have to retake mine with a better camera.

elchicano
09-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Also by the request of a member here i will post a link to a thread about someone cheating in this years calender. I would say voice your opinion as it was clearly stated from the begining that we were not going to have issues this year. Especially something as dumb as this.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?p=195359#post195359

lkwd318ti
09-30-2008, 06:27 AM
I want April again because it's my birthday too hahah...

Maverix
09-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Everyone wants to be the month they were born in. :tongue:

Mikel
09-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Everyone wants to be the month they were born in. :tongue:
Yeah, and since you won't make it anyway, I call December :tongue:

madfronter
09-30-2008, 08:31 PM
This is just getting silly. I think out of the 12 pictures chosen for the calendar, we should look at them and see how they correspond to the months in a particular season. Like my picture was taken in August so it could be used for any month in the summer. Like people taking pictures now with maybe some trees with the leaves changing colors could be used for one of the fall months. I think that makes the most sense, doesn't it. Calling I want this because I called it first is childish and almost like calling shotgun when a group of kids are running up to a car.

angel318ti
09-30-2008, 09:56 PM
like calling shotgun when a group of kids are running up to a car.
:rolleyes: I still do that and I'm 28!

Fagerheim
09-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Damn though the time was up now (30. sep) but its 30. oct xD dang...

tiFreak
10-01-2008, 12:41 AM
:rolleyes: I still do that and I'm 28!

all my friends do that in my ti :biggrin:

angel318ti
10-01-2008, 12:48 AM
no, I race my 6 year old daughter. I win every time

Maverix
10-01-2008, 03:33 AM
Yeah, and since you won't make it anyway, I call December :tongue:

You haven't even entered into the contest, so you can't call anything. :tongue:

1996 328ti
10-02-2008, 01:47 AM
I will close the gallery for 2009 photos late Friday at no particular time.
Then I will create a poll. Choose whichever photos you like.

roadrash
10-02-2008, 02:03 AM
I will close the gallery for 2009 photos late Friday at no particular time.
Is that this coming Friday, or Friday, Oct. 31st? I'd assume the later, but it's worth explicitly stating it. :biggrin:

JMJ

Jean H.318TI
10-02-2008, 02:04 AM
I want December because it's my birthday too hahah...

1996 328ti
10-02-2008, 02:07 AM
Is that this coming Friday, or Friday, Oct. 31st? I'd assume the later, but it's worth explicitly stating it. :biggrin:

JMJFriday, Oct 31.

I wanted it to be this Friday but looking back, I did say Oct 31.
I just hope we can get it altogether in time for the holidays.

spidertri
10-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Oh man, that sucks. I thought we had the rest of this month to get pictures in.:frown:

edit: Ninja Steve...adding that 1 to the date...lol, suddenly I'm not upset.:wink:

Mikel
10-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Friday, Oct 31.

I wanted it to be this Friday but looking back, I did say Oct 31.
I just hope we can get it altogether in time for the holidays.

You got me all nervous for a second.. I haven't gotten a picture in yet.

and I promise it will be a lot better than my 07 entry ;)

tiFreak
10-02-2008, 03:17 AM
so, just wondering, are we going to do the same thing we did last year with all the pictures entered on the cover? my photo has an average rating of 3.33, TBH, I don't really like it and I was thinking of just using a pic showing my bodykit and stuff since the only reason it's not in the pic is because I knew I'd be getting 1's from almost everyone, but if I'm going to be on the cover no matter what, f*ck what you guys think :tongue:

Maverix
10-02-2008, 04:17 AM
f*ck what you guys think :tongue:

If you don't care what others think, then why didn't you upload a picture that you like? :confused:

NeoP
10-02-2008, 05:04 AM
As i got the car from my mum when she passed away in february, i call february!

lazoh
10-02-2008, 05:43 AM
As i got the car from my mum when she passed away in february, i call february!

Sorry to hear that and I really hope you get it!

tiFreak
10-02-2008, 03:15 PM
If you don't care what others think, then why didn't you upload a picture that you like? :confused:

if I'm trying to get a page on the calender, then I care what people think, since I'm just shooting for a little cover spot, then it doesn't matter to much to me :cool:

Maverix
10-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure if I put hot naked chics all around my car, I would receive 10's all the way across. Well, maybe with an exception of Jess. =\

spidertri
10-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I'd give you a 10.:biggrin:

lkwd318ti
10-03-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm pretty sure if I put hot naked chics all around my car, I would receive 10's all the way across. Well, maybe with an exception of Jess. =\

It still has to be a good picture...

tiFreak
10-03-2008, 01:25 AM

if you want Jess' vote, make sure at least one girl is covering the hood scoop :tongue:

roadrash
10-03-2008, 01:36 AM
if you want Jess' vote, make sure at least one girl is covering the hood scoop :tongue:
Better yet, cover that car entirely and I might even vote for the photo.

Now... please stop hijacking this thread!

Maverix
10-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Better yet, cover that car entirely and I might even vote for the photo.

Now... please stop hijacking this thread!

We're not hijacking. We're still on the topic.

318tifan
10-03-2008, 11:52 AM
whatever happened to the idea of encouraging our female members to submit photos of themselves with their ti's?

but either way props to everyone who took the time to take photo's of their rides!!

Rhys
10-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Blimey, getting a good turnout for pics isn't it.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a some pics taken this week. Though I'll have to do it on a night after work. Typical isn't it - just when I get a good idea lots of work comes in so I'm as busy as.. Plus I'm having to travel a lot. bummer eh?

I hope the closing date is the end of this month as that's what deadline I'm working to.

As for what's on the cover of the 2009 calendar, last years was nice with a compilation of different shots but I much preferred the year before :rolleyes::biggrin:

Love all the ones submitted so far :cool:

tiFreak
10-10-2008, 11:40 PM
deleted my old pic and uploaded a brand new one :biggrin:

campaiar
10-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Uploaded a picture. I didn't have my car done last year.

I'm trying something completely different. Hopefully people like it.

Please view, comment and vote!!

robcarync
10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
been a while since I have put up some new pics...all i have to say is...get ready for this years submission...

Raym3power
10-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Upload Error: 403 How can I fix this error to upload pictures?

tiFreak
10-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I had the same problem, Steven was able to fix it

1996 328ti
10-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Upload Error: 403 How can I fix this error to upload pictures?I've never seen that error number. I did upgrade the gallery but people have uploaded since. Try again and copy everything the error page says.

I had the same problem, Steven was able to fix itI don't think you got an error: 403.

Maverix
10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
I've never seen that error number. I did upgrade the gallery but people have uploaded since. Try again and copy everything the error page says.

I don't think you got an error: 403.

They're not the only one seeing this ghost.

tiFreak
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't think you got an error: 403.

oh right, I had a big huge error message, nvm

1996 328ti
10-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Evidently I enabled a Flash uploader which I need to do more to get it to work.
I disabled it and now can upload as usual.

1996 328ti
10-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Reminder.
Deadline for photos is Oct 31.
Nov 1(or there abouts) I will create a poll on the forum where people can vote.
It will be multiple choice and results will be hidden.

IT WILL BE A DRAMA FREE.

BMW_Hatchback
10-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey Steve, I uploaded a photo, but it won't show, its just the red X in the box

1996 328ti
10-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey Steve, I uploaded a photo, but it won't show, its just the red X in the boxI see it. Anyone else see a red X?
http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6736

wolferj-RIP
10-25-2008, 09:38 PM
I see the red x only...

1996 328ti
10-25-2008, 09:48 PM
This is going to be tough if I can't reproduce it.
The image looked fine to me logged in and logged out
My guess it's a browser issue.
It's fine on FireFox, Mac and PC.

Explorer 6.0 PC OK.

BMW_Hatchback
10-25-2008, 09:57 PM
First, I uploaded it in CMYK format, then got the red X. So then I changed it back to RGB and saved-as to a new file, and it seems to be fine now. Should I make it CMYK then save-as to a new file name and try that? Because right now its RGB, and I don't think that will work if the pic gets selected.

wolferj-RIP
10-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Does seem to be a browser issue... Works with Chrome, not with IE7.

BMW_Hatchback
10-25-2008, 10:12 PM
it gave me a red X when I uploaded it to photobucket too.(the CMYK version)

1996 328ti
10-25-2008, 10:13 PM
First, I uploaded it in CMYK format, then got the red X. So then I changed it back to RGB and saved-as to a new file, and it seems to be fine now. Should I make it CMYK then save-as to a new file name and try that? Because right now its RGB, and I don't think that will work if the pic gets selected.
Is it still a jpg?

BMW_Hatchback
10-25-2008, 10:23 PM
yeah, always has been

BMW_Hatchback
10-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I tried to make it CMYK and save-as to a new file, the red X came back. At this very moment, it is RGB, JPEG

lkwd318ti
10-26-2008, 01:19 AM
LoL I haven't even taken a picture of my car for this yet...
Hopefully I'll find the time to wash my car and take a picture of it somewhere lol...

Maverix
10-26-2008, 02:05 AM
I might re-post my picture if I can finish my project by then.

spidertri
10-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Time to vote?!?!

1996 328ti
10-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Time to vote?!?!
In a day or so.