PDA

View Full Version : Interior Trim

2ndBimmer
01-21-2003, 05:37 AM
Does anyone know how to get the interior molding off of the drivers side A pillar?

The cloth started coming off a while ago, and a good family friend who is a professional apolsterer said he could redo it for me.
But neither he nor I nor my mechanic knows how to get it off.

My friend hasnt done much car work and what hes done is limited to fords and chevys, so by that he thinks it might be held on by christmas-tree shaped fasteners.

My mechanic thinks you would pull the top part back and then slide the whole thing out. But hes never done it (even though hes just finishing up rebuilding a Euro spec 88 M6!! [Im already pushing for a test drive]).

[This message has been edited by 2ndBimmer (edited 01-21-2003).]

1996 328ti
01-22-2003, 02:53 AM
I took it off once. I'm pretty sure I pushed it up and out. Whatever it was it was pretty easy. It popped right back on too.

I ran my V1 wires down the A pillar.

2ndBimmer
01-31-2003, 02:24 AM
Thanks, When it gets warmer Ill try.

aceyx
09-01-2004, 10:36 PM
you just pull out, from the top. when the clips disengage near the bottom, you will have to angle it towards you and slide out, as there is a plastic tab that runs under the dash at somewhat of an angle to the trim piece.

if you check ebay for the part, it's easier to understand if you see pictures of it out, but it's not difficult at all.

schussey
09-01-2004, 10:41 PM
slides up and out

ClubSport332ti
10-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Best way to learn how to take apart car is to go to a salvage yard and look at a ti. I have learned a lot about the e36 by doing that

yeehawbob
10-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Best way to learn how to take apart car is to go to a salvage yard and look at a ti. I have learned a lot about the e36 by doing that

Can some one tell me if there is a Salvage Yard in the Bay Area that has BMW's?
The ones that I know of do not have any.
One time the guy at the yard told me that they get more money for body of the BMW than any other. Its because, and I quote, "the rice boys want their civics to look like BMW's". :_peace:
So they don't put them in the normal yard but take the car apart and sell the peices individually.