PDA

View Full Version : MA Shaw/ Max Velocity aero stuff

Dan I
09-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Here are a couple quick pics of the new goodies on the car;
MA Shaw PTG EVO 3 wing
MaxVelocity Evo2 track splitter

Pics are from a track day at Road America in August. The car ran fine until the pressure plate blew apart, ending my weekend at about 2pm on FRIDAY. I'm sick of breaking stuff.

ps. I'm the toolbag in the black t shirt next to the ti.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/Redlined600/Road%20America%2008/IMG_0658.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/Redlined600/Road%20America%2008/IMG_0651.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/Redlined600/Road%20America%2008/IMG_0653.jpg

video from a 500hp s'charged Mustang Mach 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH15djLgzFs

cooljess76
09-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Nice, car looks sweet! Hard to tell the color, is that Alaska Blue? Also, are those wheels in the first pic OZ superleggeras? Bummer about the PP, did it damage the tranny or anything? I just noticed the aux fan in front of the radiator, are you swapped?

Dan I
09-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Nice, car looks sweet! Hard to tell the color, is that Alaska Blue? Also, are those wheels in the first pic OZ superleggeras? Bummer about the PP, did it damage the tranny or anything?

Thanks! Alaska Blue is it, wheels are Team Dynamics PR1.2, 17x8.
No damage other than the pressure plate; I broke 1 set of the drive bands, so the clutch wouldn't disengage and it shook violently. My brother was Johnny-on-the-Spot with a trailer, otherwise I would've been really screwed.

cooljess76
09-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Dang dude, just watched the vid and you left that Stang in every corner! After watching the vid, I'm guessing you're swapped. Watcha got under the hood if you don't mind me asking?

Dan I
09-05-2008, 12:46 AM
S50, AFE intake, 24lb/hr injectors, Sunbelt Cams, limited-advance vanos; the usual bits. The car is quick, even more so in the braking zones and twistys. The Mustang is a bit cumbersome, but is stupid fast on the straights. He had the camera mounted in the fog light hole with a piece of plexi over the lens for protection.

Marv17
09-05-2008, 05:53 AM
NICE. love that ti. especially cuz its alaska blue. :biggrin: haha.
so what are you gonna do now? you gonna just fix it or part it out? reason i ask is because i see you mentioned you're sick of breaking stuff...
btw, sick ti. not a fan of the wing but still sick cuz its quick.

Dan I
09-05-2008, 06:19 AM
NICE. love that ti. especially cuz its alaska blue. :biggrin: haha.
so what are you gonna do now? you gonna just fix it or part it out? reason i ask is because i see you mentioned you're sick of breaking stuff...
btw, sick ti. not a fan of the wing but still sick cuz its quick.

It's already fixed - I tossed in a Clutch Masters HD kit. I just want to be able to go to an event and not break down. The last 4 track days I've blown a clutch, lost a fuel pump, lost brakes, and got a flat tire. Not going to part it out, I'm just tired of the hassle and the seemingly endless trail of broken chit.

The wing definitely takes some getting used to (trust me, I'm still getting used to the look of it). They don't even look that good on E36 M3s (for which it's made for). But it's extremely functional, and that's what I'm after.

DaedHead8
09-05-2008, 08:59 PM
The wing definitely takes some getting used to (trust me, I'm still getting used to the look of it). They don't even look that good on E36 M3s (for which it's made for). But it's extremely functional, and that's what I'm after.

Haha, I just got done using your car to explain to my gf why some cars that look like rice, aren't. Sweet car. :smile:

tiFreak
09-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Not going to part it out, I'm just tired of the hassle and the seemingly endless trail of broken chit.

lol, you could stop tracking it :wink:

spidertri
09-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Any more pics of it on the DSIIs? Functional wings are sexy.:twisted:

Dan I
09-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Any more pics of it on the DSIIs? Functional wings are sexy.:twisted:

pic is horrible, but you get the idea
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/iversondan/MAShawWing001.jpg

M-technik-3
09-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Very nice sorted car. Down force must be nuts with that Evo wing.

spidertri
09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh man, that is awesome, please take more pics and post them up. What a monster.

mohaughn
09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Looks good Dan.. I'm actually sitting at a hotel right next to a track right now.. Gotta love track weekends...

Be careful with that front splitter. If you do any off road excursions, that thing might be toast...

Dan I
09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Looks good Dan.. I'm actually sitting at a hotel right next to a track right now.. Gotta love track weekends...

Be careful with that front splitter. If you do any off road excursions, that thing might be toast...

sweeeet... have fun! How's yours running? I have a couple more weeks 'till my next event.
I have to be careful getting in and out of my driveway, much less a high-speed event...the splitter is WAY low. The splitter is pretty tough, the weakest link is the bumper mounts - those will be toast and the bumper will fall off in the event of an off-roader. I'll just try to keep 10% in the bag for now; I'm not trying to break any records :smile:

madfronter
09-06-2008, 01:11 AM
wow lots of bits! Looking really good. Gonna paint it? Please do me a favor and take a pic of the wing without the risers. I have been debating on ordering that wing for a while now. I would really appreciate that.can you also tell me about the install process? Thanks...

Dan I
09-06-2008, 01:47 AM
wow lots of bits! Looking really goog. Gonna paint it? Please do me a favor and take a pic of the wing without the risers. I have been debating on ordering that wing for a while now. I would really appreciate that.can you also tell me about the install process? Thanks...

Thanks for the compliments!
The risers are fixed-height, the only adjustability is in the pitch of the airfoil. Install was a complete nightmare. I had to contour the forward-most portion of the base to match the contour of the rear window. I used a cordless drill with a 3M rotary sanding disc. Then, I had to hack the crap out of the hatch to get access to the bottom of the mounting surface for the wing. All in all, it took probably 10 hours for a hack install. I'll paint it, just not any time soon.

mohaughn
09-07-2008, 12:23 AM
sweeeet... have fun! How's yours running? I have a couple more weeks 'till my next event.
I have to be careful getting in and out of my driveway, much less a high-speed event...the splitter is WAY low. The splitter is pretty tough, the weakest link is the bumper mounts - those will be toast and the bumper will fall off in the event of an off-roader. I'll just try to keep 10% in the bag for now; I'm not trying to break any records :smile:

I hit 142k miles driving to the track on Friday morning, and still running strong. She gets a bit cranky when I pull her out of the garage after sitting for two or three weeks, but after a good little run on the highway at 70-80, she's back to herself..

This is my first weekend instructing as well. Had a student today with a carbon black e46 m3. He had good car control, but is still learning how to transition from knowing the track at slower speeds to taking corners at speed.

This will also be my last weekend running the car as it currently is.. I've got some changes coming down the line. Should have been done already, but my fabricator is in Melbourne, Florida and dealing with flooding from the storms we have been having. I don't have another driving event planned until the second week of November, so hopefully everything will get done before then.

Dan I
09-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Here's a couple more from an autocross a month ago...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2743753476_af1b71395d_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/2742906549_767059ec62_o.jpg

spidertri
09-12-2008, 01:20 AM
If you have a hi-res of that top picture submit it for the calendar contest, seriously.