PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to bore your own throttle body?

BMWBOY
06-25-2001, 06:11 PM
I was curious, is it possible to bore your throttle body, yourself? If so, what needs to be done? I am also curiuos, what are some basic upgrades that I can do to my 318ti, that dont' cost all to much, but make some kind of difference. I am 17, and on a bit of a budget, to say the least. Basically I am able to get together roughly $250 a month for extra parts. Just so everyone knows, I am not one of those kids with the BMW that goes around usuig it as a status symbol, I am obsessed, to say the least with BMW's in general, my first was a 1994 325is, but I blew a piston racing. Oh, and if anyone is interested in getting involved in a VERY organized, EXTREMELY safe road racing underground in N. NJ, contact me, we do things right. This means that we close off the roads using our cars, of course, we use police scanners, and furthermore, we have been given go aheads by the police for certain area's at certain times. But back to the question, I am really curiuos, I am tired of being beaten by the honda's. Right now I am simply running a cold air intake, and I have reduced the weight of my vehicle by about 100lbs, and I have purchesed a set of extremely light weight race rims and tires. Don't laugh, they are about 1/4 of the stock weight on each corner, and you feel an amazing difference in excelleration, I can beat stock honda's, and pace the SI's. They are 14's however, and they leave me with little or no top end. But anyways, I am looking for any and all advice! Thanks in advance for your responses!